Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/05/09 13:11

Leus
Website

Names... Identities... What?

I just suddenly started trippin' mad balls when looking at the word "Leus."  I'm pretty sure I've referred to myself as or been referred to as Leus more times in my life than as Jordan.  I think I might even think of myself more as Leus than Jordan.  P.S. my name is Jordan.  But it's like...  This is like MY name, but I named myself...  But it's totally me, my identity, nobody else.  I know lots of people online use lots of different identities or names they get from other pre-existing people or characters, so they probably don't feel as attached or connected to any one, but I've been Leus for almost ten years now which is easily the majority of my internet career...

It's like, I write stuff and I could just sign it "-Leus" or label something I made with "Leus - " at the beginning or see someone say "Oh, yeah, Leus, blah blah blah" and be like "blah blah blah" back naturally 'cause they're just addressing me...  I dunno.  It just seemed weird.

Anyone else relate in any way?  Lol.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 11/05/09 15:11

Iritscen

Re: Names... Identities... What?

"Iritscen" is definitely like a second name to me, even though I've only used it since 2006.  It does seem weird sometimes to be known only by that name on the Internet, but most of the time I don't think about it.  I guess I'm just grateful I didn't pick the name "xXxdaRkSlaYer87xXx" or something and get stuck with that.  (And by the way, what is up with people putting their birth year in their handle?)

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 11/05/09 16:11

Leus
Website

It's when their name is too unoriginal to not have numbers...  And then I guess that sticks sometimes to other websites that don't even need it.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#4 11/05/09 16:11

Gumby

"Gumby" began as a nickname in school (this one time at band camp...), my freshman year. I've had it for nearly six years now, I guess. I respond to it just as much as "Kyle".

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 11/05/09 20:11

Stevinlewis

stevinlewis... i created it when i was playing 4x4 evolution game which i was crazy back then after i couldnt get past level 1 of Oni ==. Because my Oni and 4x4 evo game came along with my windows xp so yeah. and i tried using other names for usernames and stuff so it was then i decided the username for all the membership i signed up would be "stevinlewis" not "leon" wink

Sorry had to edit O_O i searched my name on the net and 5 pages was given!! wtf!!!!!!

Last edited by Stevinlewis (11/17/09 03:11)

#6 11/05/09 21:11

northero
Website

OMG Stevinlewis my xp back 7 years also gave me oni and 4x4 evolution when my dad bought it ! OMG this is so fated  -,- Sorry for my excitement neutral  but it is hard to contain it coz I thought for so many years that only I play 4x4 evolution ( a car racing game )

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#7 11/05/09 21:11

Iritscen

I had no idea that Oni was ever packaged with Windows.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#8 11/05/09 22:11

Leus
Website

Not gonna lie, 4x4 Evolution was pretty fun, especially with all the ridiculous user-created content.

#9 11/05/09 22:11

Dirk Gently
Website

The title "Dirk Gently" I have taken from the series of books from Douglas Adams. I used to use various names with a clan handle on them, but I finally settled on this. While I have never actually used it in real life for anything, I do respond to "marvin" from a few people which is a slight reference to the hitch-hikers series of books by douglas adams. Those that know me well enough just use my real name which is "sam".

#10 11/05/09 23:11

Mukade

i think Leus fits you rather well smile it goes with the features, dunno >_>

wish i could say sumthin bout my name, but it kinda goes w/out saying

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#11 11/06/09 03:11

northero
Website

aha I'll say for u Mukade although it is pretty lame ur a fan of Mukade and love using him in oni  lol

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#12 11/06/09 03:11

northero
Website

Sorry to any1 who doesn't play 4x4 here but I juz wanna ask stevin a question. Why is my 4x4 evolution failing to save my career after I quit ? It only saves for one time and that is when I play installed it and immediately launch it. It didn't happen so far but juz recently when I decided to play it again sad

#13 11/06/09 07:11

T_W_D

I usually call myself Cyaegha (T_W_D is a description, I don't use it), and it just kinda came to me. I began to understand how well it actually suits me long after I picked it, and then it just stuck. Name's Carina, btw.

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#14 11/06/09 08:11

TOCS

TOCS is basically the initials of my name.

Last edited by TOCS (08/11/23 07:08)

#15 11/06/09 09:11

northero
Website

lol at TOCS signature but northero was a name I created when I was playing a multiplayer game called maplestory. I'm pretty sure most of you here has heard it before and the reason I called myself northero was because I intended to do a job called ice mage. Back then I thought, since north is cold and icy why not call myself northero ? Well It has since den been used by me. Muz be thinking why not south ? I have no reason for that. It juz came to my mind the word north  lol

Last edited by northero (11/06/09 09:11)

#16 11/06/09 19:11

Ether

Well, I've used Ether as my nickname for more than 10 years now, but almost nobody actually calls me that, my friends use my name or surname and their variations. The funny thing about that is that even my close friends call me by variations on my surname and other people sometimes think that it's my nickname.

#17 11/06/09 20:11

Stevinlewis

Wow its so weird seeing how we created names O_O. We wont have problem finding our a name for our kids next time >_-

#18 11/06/09 21:11

Mukade

northero wrote:

aha I'll say for u Mukade although it is pretty lame ur a fan of Mukade and love using him in oni  lol

i have to agree with you on all counts, and have occasionally given thought to re-creating the account just to change the name :-/

i wish i could just change the name on this account - i still play Mukade tho, i like his fighting style and outfit

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#19 11/06/09 21:11

northero
Website

Hey why would u wan to change ur nickname ?  I mean since u like mukade's fighting style and you like using him in oni, why would u wan to change ur nickname ? It kinds of defines u  smile  and btw I like Mukade's fighting style as my 2nd favourite 1st will always be furies ! WILLOW KICK !

#20 11/06/09 22:11

Mukade

wanna know whats cool tho? i gave willow kick to Mukade :3

along with the Furies face-surfing runnig-fw-k throw, and her back-kick throw where she flips them with her foot, Mukade really doesnt have many throws so i gave him a couple of my own, ive tweaked him up a bit to make him easier to play, including increasing a few of the mvoes damages cause really, he isnt easy to play, ive been playing for him for a long time now, and i dont think i ever became as good as i did with Mai... he's just hard to play, but i keep at it smile

the name didnt really define me tho, cause when i created this account like, 5 years back, i only came on mostly to ask about the BLAM problem with XP, and at that point i playd Konoko just though Muk was awesome, i fell into him later on when i became active again a few months back... so contrary to what you said, when i did name myself Mukade, it wasnt really meant to "define" me as you put it, i still sorta see it as kinda lame

#21 11/06/09 23:11

northero
Website

Haha Ic I dun tink I can find a character that I've became better than Konoko ( ok Mai if u insist ) coz I've been playing with konoko for around 6 years and it juz seems easy to play using her how and as to the Furies face-surfing running-fw-k throw, I tink it is pretty easy to use it on any characters not juz on Mukade. I juz thought Mukade was cool as he has great agility    cool

#22 11/07/09 04:11

TOCS

Mukade wrote:
northero wrote:

i have to agree with you on all counts, and have occasionally given thought to re-creating the account just to change the name :-/

i wish i could just change the name on this account - i still play Mukade tho, i like his fighting style and outfit

I got my name changed from Rexxar to TOCS (because I thought it was too Warcraftish). If you send a PM to Harry about it, I'm sure he'll take a look at it.

Last edited by TOCS (11/08/09 05:11)

#23 11/07/09 21:11

Samer
Website

mm I went with Samoko tongue well because it rhymes with Konoko ^_^ and I only thought I'll be on this forum for a little while so I didn't put much thought into it ... I thought I'll ask my question about hexagon level get an answer and just download stuff big_smile but then it became more intriguing and I got into the modding ... now I wish I put my real name : Samer ...

often on the internet I use Remas as my name ( read backwards Samer)  or Rony tongue don't ask why Rony -_-

Nice to formally meet u  guys big_smile Jordan, Kyle, Leon. Carina, Tobias

I'm curious to know EdT's name :$

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#24 11/07/09 21:11

Mukade

mine is Andrew btw  big_smile

#25 11/08/09 17:11

demos_kratos

I had million nicknames long time ago.

lepta, marka_ragnos, maul13, Omega, dekan, OmiKroN(for a year), Demokrit(for 2 years) and finally demos_kratos (1 year until now)

demos_kratos = Rule of people (not exact). I explained it somewhere, I believe.

anyway, it is hard for anyone to call me Stanislav smile everyone calls me Stas.

Last edited by demos_kratos (11/11/09 13:11)

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

Board footer