Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 04/17/11 18:04

Leus
Website

Re: Oni Zen Garden (VERSION 2)

Haha I'll think about some more filter options.  Shit there IS actually a DROIDS option that I think I may have forgotten to mention in the text, it turns off the sentry and guard dogs.  Just type droidson/droidsoff.

Also, what I COULD do regarding your last suggestion is make it so that you turn on something that makes everyone that spawns go onto the syndicate team, for instance.  That strategy got messed up when I tried to make it happen automatically, but if I made it a user setting then it could be like "Me vs. Everyone:  ON" and then you could pause the action and, for instance, type "alloff" "jubeion" "add" "jubeioff" "akaneon" "add" "akaneoff" "mukadeon" "add" assuming you want to fight those three, then unpause.  The problem would be if you tried to add two of the same character, then the same bug where one doesn't get their team switched would occur.  Still, if you just wanted to fight one of each type of person and were willing to go through the steps manually, it could work.  Should I implement that?

ALSO also, I didn't realize Jubei and Akane were supposed to be working for BGI, I put them on Syndicate haha...  Hrm.  I also moved all the bots to TCTF because they didn't have nearly enough characters on their team.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#102 04/17/11 18:04

Lithium

2 females, 2 Tacticals, 4 males (or 5 i think), 2 SWATS, Griffin, Casey and Shini
yeah they suck

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#103 04/17/11 18:04

Leus
Website

Wut?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#104 04/17/11 19:04

Lithium

TCTF Team, they barely have any fighters tongue

#105 04/17/11 19:04

Leus
Website

Oh, the different costumes don't count for anything in this mod, only the characters.  Right now they've got:  Security guard, female cop, male cop, light trooper, SWAT, black OPs trooper, black OPs SWAT, Griffin, Shinitamabot, Casey, robot, sentry, and guarddogs 1, 2 and 3.

#106 04/18/11 08:04

Delano762
Website

Regarding filters, I'd change beige into tan, I mean for example tanstrikeron instead of beigestrikeron.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#107 04/18/11 10:04

Leus
Website

Hmm maybe you're right, beige is a weirder word, I think that's just what it said in the Oni manual but I may be mistaken.  What's everyone think about that idea?

#108 04/18/11 14:04

Samer
Website

yeah i like the idea of the teams leus, implement away big_smile !

easystriker big_smile medstriker and hardstriker works too tongue

ouh and if possible please add mutant muro to the mix

Last edited by Samer (04/18/11 15:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#109 04/18/11 17:04

Leus
Website

Maybe you're right, I should do easy/med/hard.  I'll work on changing it.

As far as more filters, I'll still have to think about that and decide what to do with it.  Too much clutter wouldn't be ideal, but we'll see.

#110 05/01/11 09:05

Samer
Website

Leus or moderators when u can update the link on the Authorative Third Mod Directory for this mod cz the old link doesn't wok.

Last edited by Samer (05/01/11 09:05)

#111 05/01/11 10:05

Leus
Website

Oh, by the way I changed the names of the ranked syndicate standards to easy/med/hard as suggested.  Check the help functions again if you're curious.  I don't remember if I changed anything else, except now it's 77770OniZenGardenRoof, with 77771OniZenGardenArena soon to come hopefully.  The Arena pathing is still a little strange, but whatevs I'll just finish it and upload it.  I think I'll do it right now (I know I always say that but my girlfriend is sleeping so I have the opportunity.)

Anyway, here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1bgr4s21fafm11

#112 05/01/11 11:05

Leus
Website

Here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?yix4j37suo3vok9

This one is significantly bigger because it has all the arena level files in it as well, so don't install this and Arena of Hurt at the same time.  smile

#113 05/01/11 11:05

Lithium

AAAWWW YEEEAAAH
Thanks Leus big_smile

Last edited by Lithium (05/01/11 13:05)

#114 05/01/11 12:05

Leus
Website

No prob smile I still think it works better on roof though but no harm in making an extra one.  Anywhere else you guys would like to see it, actually?  That was pretty easy.

#115 05/01/11 13:05

Samer
Website

1-  GREAT big_smile Finally thank u so much Leus smile I'm really really happy ^_^ ! now i can have the rooftops back and still enjoy OZG in a brighter new level big_smile

2- I uploaded them to the depot :
Oni Zen Garden Roof : http://mods.oni2.net/node/170
Oni Zen Garden Arena : http://mods.oni2.net/node/178

so could u please Leus update ur post here :
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1355
to include the depot links to the new OZG roof and OZG arena.
better to keep all packages tidy and neat together on the Authorative Third Mod directory and to have them on the depot than external sites. ^_^

3- oxe the link u posted is a link to the arena level as a plugin, which has problems : once u run the installer the arena disappears and u have to manually re-put the raw files, therefore i made it as a package a while ago :
http://mods.oni2.net/node/175
so please refer to this link, a package is easier to install and remove and is more compatible with other mods

#116 05/01/11 13:05

Lithium

Oh ok no wonder it SHORYUKENed up on my end tongue

Last edited by Lithium (05/01/11 13:05)

#117 05/01/11 13:05

Leus
Website

Yes, I assume.  Don't install Arena of Hurt and Oni Zen Garden Arena at the same time.  OZGA has all the arena level files so you won't need to install the other one.

#118 05/01/11 13:05

Lithium

Ok I screwed up then I assumed the level7 files were needed :S

#119 05/01/11 13:05

Yoriko

I guess this would be the place to submit the following question:

What levels are the arena scripts on? Also what levels are the custom created levels on?

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#120 05/01/11 14:05

Samer
Website

to answer ur question the custom levels fill up slots of old levels that were eliminated from the game before release. there seems to have been a third airport level, and a bgi level. 

P.S just installing the package would automatically place the right scrips and files in the right place. u don't have to do anything manually.

Last edited by Samer (05/01/11 14:05)

#121 05/01/11 14:05

Yoriko

Fill up slots, so there's a limit to how many custom maps there can be? (without deleting any levels)

-I noticed that the hackers of oni community made a lot of modifications before they locked me up, do you have any idea what they want with an old game? -Modifications? What kind of modifications?
-Hard to tell, without getting a look at things but it looks like they're repurposing it. -Why?
-Beats me, all the game has is brutal melee combat and furious gunplay. -I dont like the sound of that.....

#122 05/01/11 14:05

Lithium

I think there's 5
Level5, Level7, Level15, Level 16, and Level17
Those are the missing levels from the GameDataFolder, but I remember seeing one that said something about Level30, i may be imagining things

#123 05/01/11 14:05

Iritscen

Oni recognizes level numbers way higher than the ones used in the game, though.  There used to be higher-numbered levels for test levels, so they left a lot of room for additional .dats.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#124 05/01/11 15:05

Lithium

So if the effort were made we could add like 10 more levels then?

#125 05/01/11 15:05

Iritscen

Sure, assuming we had the manpower and a worthwhile story and all that.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer