Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 11/06/09 22:11

Leus
Website

Re: Oni Zen Garden (VERSION 2)

Thanks for lettin' me know that bug, Mukade.  It's true; he wasn't set up as a boss.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#27 11/13/09 06:11

Leus
Website

New version posted and outlined in first post.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#28 11/13/09 07:11

Samer
Website

ok Leus after testing the new version here's my opinion and a kinda wish list

1- before when 2 enemies were of opposite team they would fight each other and not me ...or each other and me ... which was kinda ok and actually made sense for a black swat to fight an elite striker and both fight konoko.
but with the new version that is still a problem example motoko and casey are spawned motoko still fights casey and not only that if 2 casey's are spawned they now too fight each other which makes no sense or 2 robots fighting each other ... so I prefer the old version in this one because it didn't really fix anything except if one of the enemies is a syndicate and the other isn't which rarely happens.

2- this fix removed the need and meaning of teams ... if konoko sets her team to tctf still tctf's will fight her ...

3- If somehow you could make it only that if Konoko's team is set to no team then  all spawned enemies are of same team ... if not then just keep the old version

4- I don't like guns in fights so before I could just type guns off and no guns will spawn ...
now even if I type guns off or alloff then just caseyon he'll spawn with weapons sometimes ( a lot of times) so again I prefer the old version ... and the gunsoff command lost it's purpose

5- Regarding the civilians I see no point of them :S u're forced to kill them so enemies spawn instead of them which I don't like :S

6- I wish u could remove the diary entry which keeps showing up saying a new move is learnt tongue

I appreciate the hard work u put into this , but I'm going back to the first version for now :$

Last edited by Samer (11/13/09 07:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#29 11/13/09 07:11

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:

@samoko, i tried the mod, but its too laggy sometimes, not relly worth it sadly sad it looks cool tho, especially PPKKKK

which mod are u referring to ?

Last edited by Samer (11/13/09 07:11)

#30 11/13/09 07:11

Gumby

ui_suppress_prompt = 1;

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#31 11/13/09 07:11

Samer
Website

Gumby smile u're a man of few words I really wish u could elaborate what u say more .

#32 11/13/09 10:11

EdT
Website

Samoko: From the scripts command page: http://ssg.oni2.net/commands.htm

ui_suppress_prompt - suppresses UI prompting about new objectives or moves - ui_suppress_prompt = 1

#33 11/13/09 10:11

Samer
Website

so I should just add to the bsl file :$ ? does it matter to which line ...

#34 11/13/09 14:11

Leus
Website

1- before when 2 enemies were of opposite team they would fight each other and not me ...or each other and me ... which was kinda ok and actually made sense for a black swat to fight an elite striker and both fight konoko.
but with the new version that is still a problem example motoko and casey are spawned motoko still fights casey and not only that if 2 casey's are spawned they now too fight each other which makes no sense or 2 robots fighting each other ... so I prefer the old version in this one because it didn't really fix anything except if one of the enemies is a syndicate and the other isn't which rarely happens.

This only happens in the wave spawn modes, though, right?  Continuous spawn still has everyone on their original teams.  The problem with the wave spawn was that if someone was playing on a team and some of their teammates survived, the next wave wouldn't be called.  My attempt to solve this was to make survival and wave spawn modes Konoko vs. Everyone, but I acknowledged the bug that sometimes two non-syndicate characters will fight each other.  Still, it's much closer to everyone against Konoko than it was before.  I'll try and whip up an alternate script that utilizes the beta daodan to fix this problem and a few others.

2- this fix removed the need and meaning of teams ... if konoko sets her team to tctf still tctf's will fight her ...

Again, this is only in the wave spawn modes right?

3- If somehow you could make it only that if Konoko's team is set to no team then  all spawned enemies are of same team ... if not then just keep the old version

If I did that it would have the same problems as wave mode with the two of the same guys fighting each other.

4- I don't like guns in fights so before I could just type guns off and no guns will spawn ...
now even if I type guns off or alloff then just caseyon he'll spawn with weapons sometimes ( a lot of times) so again I prefer the old version ... and the gunsoff command lost it's purpose

Whaaat?  The gunsoff command totally works for me.  I went through like 100+ guys with gunsoff and they never spawned with a gun, then I went gunson and they started spawning with guns every now and then.

5- Regarding the civilians I see no point of them :S u're forced to kill them so enemies spawn instead of them which I don't like :S

They drop hypos...   hmm  I was always kinda iffy on them, too.  You can always turn em off; civsoff.

6- I wish u could remove the diary entry which keeps showing up saying a new move is learnt

Done.  I'll include it in the next release which might be later tonight with the alternate daodan script, but for now just put "ui_suppress_prompt = 1;" in func void main(void) if you want, thanks to Gumby.  smile

#35 11/13/09 14:11

Samer
Website

mmm I don't know hmm I don't quite remember if it was the survival or not .. but I think I jut typed start

and about the guns I typed alloff ... then caseyon ... and he spawned with weapons multiple times

I don't think it's close to everyone vs konoko than before

before

synd + synd = both vs konoko
tctf + tctf = both vs konoko
free + tctf = both vs konoko

free + synd  or   tctf + free or   tctf + synd  are vs each other and konoko

but now also tctf + tctf is vs each other since one of them will be changed to syndicate
free + free will be vs each for same reason

only if synd + free or tctf it will work as both will become syndicate which is smaller range than before
meaning synd +free or synd + tctf won't fight each other but at same time tctf and tctf will fight each other free and free will fight each other so not much changed
and it makes more sense for a synd to fight a tctf rather than a tctf fighting another tctf

yeah the civilians tongue I don't like having to kill them (or else enemies won't spawn) even if they drop hypos u can make 1 type of easy enemies drop hypos like thugs. just a suggestion ^_^ when I play it I do turn them off ...

Again Leus the creativity and originality and dedication u have shown in this  is really admirable .. and any suggestions I make are because I do enjoy this mod and want to play it over and over so I hope u don't see this as negative feedback cz it's not  smile

#36 11/13/09 14:11

Leus
Website

and about the guns I typed alloff ... then caseyon ... and he spawned with weapons multiple times

Ooohhh yeah...  I didn't include weapons or powerups in the allon/off functions now because they're independent settings instead of just characters that spawn with guns.  But actually I'll change that, I'll include guns and powerups in allon/off.  I'll include that with the new release that'll hopefully be later tonight.

As far as the teams go, the ONLY time TCTF should be fighting TCTF is if two of the SAME character are spawned in a wave spawn mode (continuous spawn should still have everyone on their original teams).  If that happens, only ONE of them get changed to Syndicate, so whoever's still TCTF will fight all of them.  Before, though, each enemy would have a relatively equal chance of being Syndicate, TCTF or Freelance, which would make them a lot more likely to focus on each other and not you.  If you download the daodan.dll beta from the Special Forces Mod thread, I'll hopefully have this fixed by tonight.

And I'm trying to have it so that enemies drop hypos and stuff at random, but I'm not entirely sure how/if that's possible.

Finally, I know you're just tryin' to help, and I tote appreciate it.  I'm tryin' to be helped.  Lol.

Last edited by Leus (11/13/09 14:11)

#37 11/13/09 19:11

Mukade

Samoko wrote:
Mukade wrote:

@samoko, i tried the mod, but its too laggy sometimes, not relly worth it sadly sad it looks cool tho, especially PPKKKK

which mod are u referring to ?

talking about the mod you linked that gives shiny trails to most of the players moves, it was you who linked it right?

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#38 11/13/09 19:11

Samer
Website

uhh ok Yeah I forgot that I did ... I thought u meant something else ^_^

@ Leus looking forward for the new version smile

u might need to re-update it soon though as the hydra will be done in a day or two big_smile

#39 11/13/09 20:11

Leus
Website

Niiice, I'm excited for her lol.

#40 11/20/09 11:11

Samer
Website

How's the new version going tongue ?

#41 11/20/09 13:11

Leus
Website

Eh...  It's not going as perfectly as expected.  How's the Hydra goin?

#42 06/10/10 06:06

ndg0809

how to spawn characters of my choice?

#43 07/02/10 11:07

Aimee

Hey everyone smile

I'm new to this so bear with me on my cluelessness tongue
Anyway, this Oni Zen Garden thing sounds pretty cool. So once I download it, how do I start to use it?
I haven't tried anything yet just in case I mess the game up...

Oh and how would remove this program if I want to convert it back to the original Oni game?

Maybe I should start trying.

#44 07/02/10 19:07

TheCreature

Welcome to the Central, Aimee.

To start off, You'll want the Anniversary Edition before you try this.  In fact, I think it may be required.  Once you have AE, you can download the OZG and install it by replacing the BSL files in the Rooftops file. (Oni/Edition/GameDataFolder/IGMD/Roof)  And placing the folder "77777OniZenGarden" in the Packages file.  (Edition/Install/Packages)  Then you'll have to run the Installer, and install the Zen Garden mod.  After that, I'm not sure.  I've not played Zen Garden yet.

P.S. Make sure you keep ALL the old BSL files from Roof in a backup folder, otherwise you won't be able to play the normal level.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#45 07/02/10 22:07

Aimee

Oh, thanks! big_smile

Maybe I should start trying.

#46 02/18/11 17:02

Samer
Website

I noticed that this mod is not on the depot so here it is http://mods.oni2.net/node/170
I attached both version 1 and version 2
they are made as packages no need for manual bsl swapping just put in install packages folder and install.

hope one day Leus or someone who's better than me in scripting will add support for the other custom characters.

Last edited by Samer (02/18/11 17:02)

#47 04/10/11 11:04

Leus
Website

Oh man, the scripting for OZG really wasn't that tough, it's just a lot of repetition.  Maybe I'll get re-involved here, see what all's new and try and incorporate it into a new release.  It'll take some practice though I'll def be all rusty.

What are some of the new characters you'd like to see in there?

#48 04/10/11 11:04

Samer
Website

LEUS big_smile ! welcome back smile

new characters that haven't been included :

Jubei and Akane
James and Jamie Hasegawa
Gaurd dogs by EdT
Wraith Squad by EdT

soon to be released Hayate .. ( i can send u his files if needed pre-release )

also maybe mutant muro tongue

hope u do get re-involved here, you've been missed smile

#49 04/10/11 14:04

Leus
Website

smile thanks man, I think it'd be cool if I can find the time.  I'll try and download Oni (I think it's okay 'cause I've bought it at least twice now haha) and see what's up.

#50 04/10/11 16:04

Samer
Website

if u start modding again I hope u also import the OZG to the new arena level :$ It would be so awesome in it !

Board footer