Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/04/09 21:11

ItemfinderDeluxe

IfD's Third Script - Nemesis

I finally completed this, and despite the brain having forgotten several things about scripting I think it came out alright. I put all my thoughts and how it works into the readme, but essentially it's a 'lab' script. It should work across all versions of Oni, and works in the original one as well (so no, don't be expecting no Caseys or Motokos or Sentries here).

I think the file should be attached to here. I also uploaded it to my Mediafire account:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z0t33zzqxrt.

Last edited by ItemfinderDeluxe (11/04/09 21:11)

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#2 11/04/09 21:11

Leus
Website

Re: IfD's Third Script - Nemesis

Awesome, I'm stoked to try it once I get all this homework out of the way.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 11/04/09 22:11

Mukade

I'll give it a try too, it's always nice to have vanilla-compatible mods for the less hard-core players that don't download every character and mod that comes out

@your readme, glad to see that i got you back into scripting and yes, i hope this'll become a semi-regular thing around here, i hope to start another one a few months from now, (maybe february or march?) Don't worry about not knowing much about TRAMs etc. You can do many things with scripting and leave that stuff up to ppl like Samoko EdT Gumby etc.. it's always good to have scripters, tbh theres not enough actual scripts coming out nowadays. Gonna try out the mod in about 5 minutes now, ill give feedback when im done

hmm, okay i havent actually finished it yet, have you tried to beat it without cheats on hard out of curiosity? It would be entirely possible imo, but an early suggestion before i've finished the level, in next versions maybe replace the STUPID black adder SMGs to ANY weapon but those? I've always hated that level for that reason. Otherwise i like what you've done with the level. Made it harder wthout completely messing with the story, so it's one of those mods you can keep on just to challenge yourself, sorta like a level above hard mode big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (11/04/09 22:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 11/04/09 23:11

Leus
Website

^Right before this mod was released I was imagining creating scripts that made the levels harder, but not just by multiplying the enemies like Titan.  I still haven't tried your mod, IFD, but I'm super stoked.  Stupid homework+other shit in my life coming up to distract me.

Last edited by Leus (11/04/09 23:11)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 11/04/09 23:11

Mukade

yeah, more enemies i can deal with, which is what you did, but honestly i'd rather for each SMG you take out you put in 3 enemies.... taking down guys is skill based, and i can deal, but being fired at by 3 machine guns and i cant do anything about it really takes away from the fun sad

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#6 11/04/09 23:11

ItemfinderDeluxe

I consider it a challenge to deal with SMG's tongue . Let's be honest, the only things you can do in oni to bump the difficulty of a script is add more enemies, adds more guns, or add more enemies. I tried something different with '300 seconds' but V1.5 is buggy as, and once people got the hang of that it was too easy.

There are heaps of ways to get past the SMG spam though. After all, I did beat the thing myself. But since you seem to be struggling, I'll say this. You're not going to get through the level with fists alone. Carefully planned weapon usage is but one of the keys to completing the script, and I've deliberately designed parts of the script to reflect that. I can't add more enemies though as they'll start to get in the way of each other and really mess with the difficulty.

#7 11/04/09 23:11

Mukade

i guess i was wrong when i said in the walkthorough thread that there was no strategy involved. Ill try again without pulling weapon imunity

OMG!!! i LOVE what you did! i'm not gonna spoil it for those who havent tried but its great XD
i didnt get the timer on time and i lol'd when i saw the cutscene, very elegantly done and it flows smoothly with the story if you look at it :3

i honestly didnt even notice the timer until it was at 10 seconds smile

but yeah, i really love the script, you have some great ideas, one suggestion, when you hit the floor, maybe instead do

chr_pain 0 death
instead of the Konoko sound, cause if you play a different character like me, it doesnt flow as well wink

and i guess your right about the SMGs, im too absorbed in what i can do, im not interested in changing my style, this gives me a challenge and forces me to adapt to the situation. I guess i have to thank you, i now have a challenge to work on for a couple days

Last edited by Mukade (11/04/09 23:11)

#8 11/04/09 23:11

ItemfinderDeluxe

I didn't honestly think of the chr_pain 0 death sound. I did all my testing with Konoko so I used a sound that came naturally to her (the sounds of pain!). When I get to work on updating the script I'll switch that.

In all honsety I think the last part of the script with the vats falls a little flat in terms of difficulty, but I wasn't too sure as to what I could do. I'll want to sit down and plan that one out carefully.

#9 11/05/09 00:11

Mukade

it does have room for improvement, maybe have him run somewhere off to the side and have a couple guards come in? but yeah, i woulda changed the sound myself but i couldnt find it lol xD

still great work

#10 11/05/09 01:11

Leus
Website

WTF I suck BALLS at this.  Lol.

#11 11/05/09 02:11

Leus
Website

Well, that was pretty cool. smile I definitely cheated my ass off, though.

P.S.:  Is a certain somebody invincible during the stretch after the last save point?

#12 11/05/09 02:11

ItemfinderDeluxe

You know it - twice over. What cheats did you have to use?

#13 11/05/09 03:11

Leus
Website

I tried it with just touch of death initially but even that wasn't enough (when I did that I didn't pick up or use anything to try and balance it a bit) so I just ended up using live forever AND touch of death just so I could see the script in its entirety tonight.

I dunno if I'm badass enough to attempt this legit though.

#14 11/05/09 03:11

ItemfinderDeluxe

Strange. I thought I put in effective anti-"touchofdeath" measures in the script... If you can use touchofdeath to complete the level I might have missed something in the coding.

#15 11/05/09 23:11

Mukade

ohhh Ifd, you think of everything big_smile

the only cheat im willing to use is weapon immune, and even that i wont use now, since it proves a good challenge for me

Board footer