Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/27/09 22:10

Shade

Who was the most epic character in Oni?

Come on guys, Who was the most epic character in Oni? What were the parts where you had trouble in getting threw the game? Which boss was the hardest? etc.

#2 10/27/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Re: Who was the most epic character in Oni?

It's been so long since I actually played through the game I honestly couldn't tell you who was the hardest boss.  I think Shinatama was the most epic character in the game, if by epic I mean fleshed out and going through a lot.

The hardest parts were, I'd say, levels 3, 12 and 14 from my recollection.  Recently I was also having a lot of trouble with the Dream Lab because I'd lose too much health to Muro at the beginning.  Also the only really hard parts in those levels were the final stretches, although 14 was kind of continuously difficult but not as proportionately difficult by the end as were 3 and 12.  I also feel like 9 gave me some trouble...

This isn't a very detailed account.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 10/28/09 08:10

Iritscen

I never threw my game, thankfully, but I did have trouble getting through some parts.  wink

I'm not sure if I've ever been able to beat Zombie Shinatama without cheating.  In theory, I have a procedure to follow for each phase of the fight, but I usually slip up sooner or later, and tripping even one laser usually means Game Over, unless you're at the very end and you can rush for the last console.

Besides that, I know Chapter 3 probably took me the most tries to complete.  It was a joyful day when someone pointed out to me that I didn't have to jump across the boxes in the vat of goo at the end, but could just fall down from the walkway on the level above.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/28/09 08:10

Leus
Website

Whaaat?  Zombie Shinatama is easy, yo.  The only part is that laser at the beginning of phase 2, but if you get that you're golden.

And yeah, that realization is pretty amazing.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 10/28/09 09:10

Iritscen

Yeah, that laser is cruel, it's practically "cheap death" territory like the old video games.  I know to step to one side as soon as I finish using that console, so it never gets me now.  I usually just trip over a random laser near the very end because I'm a klutz.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 10/28/09 12:10

Samer
Website

I always cheat with the zombie shinatama not cz it's really hard but it gets boring, when i first reached that save point i had full hypos and a full shield so I just go in daodan over power and run like crazy from one console to another big_smile
but I did beat it without tripping any lasers in phase 2 u have to walk ( press enter to walk & step to the side and in phase 3 duck )
level 3 was brutal for me too tongue same thing with acid vats was so frustrating till one time by accident i fell off the side xD and realized i don't have to jump them

on topic the most epic character ? evil konoko big_smile really surprised me the first time I played

Barabus in beginning of level 3 was hard cz i still wasn't good in fighting

I don't know why I found Mukade easy tongue  the first time

dream lab and the sniper part of the compound and the beginning of atmospheric interior were the toughest for me when i started playing oni ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#7 10/28/09 14:10

Mukade

lazers are easy sauce, for the first one of phase 2 i just crouch step to the side just as good as walking. I trip lasers lots, because i dont care as much now as i woulda when i first started but the trick is to run really fast to the big entryway you come in where the lasers dont reach and run back an forth so the scream cannon runs out before it gets to you and the plasma cant hit you smile

most epic character?? hmm.... i dunno Mai herself was pretty awesome :3 all those snappy comebacks an stuff, theres a women to appreciate :d

hardest parts.... well... yeah dream level, at the beginning i found the ninjas hard cause of my lowered HP and level 3 because of all the DAMN UZIs!!!!!!!!!! those guns REALLY tick me off.

I used to think the last stretch of the last level was hard savept 3 and on, cause it wentso long w/out saving and i would always die tongue

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 10/28/09 14:10

Liquid Snake

the guy who came up with the idea to program shinatama to feel pain, hes the lulz king

#9 10/28/09 16:10

adorage

I don't find the lasers hard at all. I even started intentionally triggering them in round 3 because I got tired of avoiding them. If you jump and run in zig-zags the plasma rifle won't get you and the scream cannon is too slow anyway.

I find the two ninjas in level 11 the hardest. Not them themselves but they are the ones who killed me the most often.

But its is my conviction that the most dangerous thing you can do in Oni is to activate the "kangeroo" cheat in level 10.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#10 10/28/09 18:10

Leus
Website

1:  OR the most badass.  I was just jumpin' all over the place on it and it was sweet.

2:  WTF.  I'm makin' a new thread.

#11 10/29/09 12:10

LokizarroX

I played through Oni again yesterday and today on normal, first time I've played the game in ages now I'm going for hard mode smile

I don't know who I'd class as the hardest boss in the game, I think Barabas, Mukade and Muro are all badasses, Muro would probably be my favourite though, I just think his moves look extremely cool and he's one of the most unique characters in the game.

#12 10/29/09 13:10

Unit 2

As a matter of fact, Muro is THE most unique character in the game, because no one else copies his moves.

For me, I like Mukade, he's just cool.

#13 10/29/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Lots of the new after-market characters use Muro moves.  smile

#14 10/29/09 15:10

LokizarroX

yeah, Unit 2 said it big_smile Mukade is cool too, he's got an awesome voice and generally just looks badass and also has soem unique moves.

#15 10/29/09 15:10

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

Lots of the new after-market characters use Muro moves.  smile

hehe yup like Casey tongue Motoko and the custom White chief ^_^  (some of his moves) but the leg breaker should only be used by him, i feel ^_^

P.S muro only has like 6 unique moves the rest are com-guy's smile and he lacks PPK and PPKK etc which mukade has.

Last edited by Samer (10/29/09 15:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#16 10/29/09 19:10

Mukade

Yeh, Mukade is awesome, but in general character, as in digging deeper, Mai tops him smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

Board footer