Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#651 11/25/12 03:11

Samer
Website

Re: Various New characters Project

Damage is simply a damage dealt to characters, a value subtracted from charcter's HP if the character is hit. If the character has a blue shield, the Damage value is subtracted from the "shield HP" if hit. DamageType 6 (Pickup) uses the Damage value in a bit different way. However, it still drains blue shield.

mm ok i got that but it's draining it very quickly a full blue shield disappears immediately upon contact with it, shouldn't it be proportional to the damage points it does ? so my question is how come it's doing minimal damage to character but max damage to blue shield ? :\ That's what I'm not getting. upon contact with full blue shield it drains it all away .. but upon contact with a non-shielded character damage dealt to health points is minimal.

another question if a particle has several copies .. does each copy do extra damage ? so if you have 5 copies and each at 5 damage pints it's doing 25 damage ?

If the floating status was initiated with the affected character being closer than 35 units, the mechanism does not fully lift the character, it only makes this character enter "Picked up" status.

ok that explains why it's not working ideally on close range.

I was also hoping you'd tell me about how to make the particles appear like they're radiating from the character in a spherical shape in all directions like konoko's powerup or Barabas's.. i set the position as sphere but it's still radiating only forward.

you said this :

Energy bits had actions "MoveLine" and "AttractGravity" in Update event. That is the mechanism which makes them fly towards the parent particle.

these flags have sub tags on the wiki .. I don't know the correct values or even the range .. I tried them with random values and the particles didn't appear at all.
Is this what makes the emitted telekinetic particles directed towards the character emitting them ?

what I want to do is :

Hammer emits these particles in a spherical area in all directions (backwards, forwards, left right like konoko's powerup) if the enemy is in this range and comes in contact with them he's dragged .. what I have now is the particles emitted seek the enemy and emitted in a forward direction instead of a spherical shape.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#652 11/25/12 03:11

Valkyrur

So, you're interested in getting sounds for the BGI agents? I can look into that, depending on what kind of voice (Or combat grunting, whatever) you're interested in having for them.

Also, if you're looking for a voice for various female characters, I know someone (A few, actually) who might be willing to do so, I'll talk with them sometime to see if they have the time/willing to do it.

Last edited by Valkyrur (11/25/12 04:11)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#653 11/26/12 00:11

Samer
Website

ltemplar if you're still going to make that attack ..
can you use this animation TRAMTANCOMcrouch_punch_fw instead ? it will suit it much better .

Last edited by Samer (11/26/12 00:11)

#654 11/26/12 17:11

ltemplar

"RAMTANCOMcrouch_punch_fw instead ?" Its no use..i made a new move with fist where I want it to be(forward direction rotated etc). Now i giving finish touch to it..and creating base for emitter(and particle)...I will also pack new texture for this particle gif..

BTW.. i scraped typhoon original body ..and started making the new one..this time more up to its name..so fast and agile..rather than bulky and slow. So you need to wait till i finish it(but i will create it in 3 forms..so probably this will be better trade of I think.)

BTW2. EdT I have a question..how i can make 2 or more moves in one move?. so example you hit fist but instead of one hit you do a combo of 3 moves that hit opponent(i know its up to throw flag..but how this work?)
Question 2.. how can I set proper tigers(then activated by script) for thous jump on wall thing(FILM) you used in old china mod?And how many tigers the level can have(in more than one place).

Last edited by ltemplar (11/26/12 17:11)

#655 11/27/12 00:11

EdT
Website

1) Samer would know more about TRAMS and hits then I would.

2) The ledge climbing moves requires 2 parts, the Trigger Volume and an OBAN for each jump.  So you can have as many Trigger Volumes as you want, but you will need an OBAN for each one.  Each OBAN will need to be modified with the correction position for each location.

#656 11/27/12 07:11

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

"TRAMTANCOMcrouch_punch_fw instead ?" Its no use..i made a new move with fist where I want it to be(forward direction rotated etc). Now i giving finish touch to it..and creating base for emitter(and particle)...I will also pack new texture for this particle gif..

ok will wait for it ... how long till a release exactly ?

ltemplar wrote:

Probably i will finish typhoon in the end of this week.

then

BTW.. i scraped typhoon original body ..and started making the new one..this time more up to its name..so fast and agile..rather than bulky and slow. So you need to wait till i finish it(but i will create it in 3 forms..so probably this will be better trade of I think.)

why yikes please I'd like to have the original typhoon improved .. you said it's almost done :\ then you scarp it completely ? ..  If you improved it like you said then I'd like to have the improved one as soon as possible, please .. or else I'm gonna publish it as is, sorry I don't want to wait longer :\ nor do I want to change all of the typhoon's look, I was clear on that before (no matter who likes it or not) ... the faster \ more agile model can be useful later for jubei ..
so be honest with me .. did you improve the model like you said ? if so publish it as is, even if it's not fully complete because it's hard to believe that it was almost done and then you suddenly deleted everything :\

EdT I have a question..how i can make 2 or more moves in one move?. so example you hit fist but instead of one hit you do a combo of 3 moves that hit opponent(i know its up to throw flag..but how this work?)

there's another method that I didn't manage to perfect .. without using the throw flag .. paradox discussed it here : http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 787#p39787 ... I had some luck with it on Casey's new heavy kick .. (released)
I don't know about the throw flag one but i think it's discussed in the link i put. (you may want to continue discussion on that thread)

Last edited by Samer (11/27/12 08:11)

#657 11/27/12 09:11

ltemplar

Yes i scraped it because I have problems with head connection..and that stupid looking neck...not to mention..the legs joints, bulky arms etc..Thats why...
And I'm honest with you....When i wrote probably that doesn't mean exactly...(because i have many things that i must done first). If you want so badly release it..then do it so...the texture work or model can be finish later..
And for me is really normal thing to scrap things even done in 99%..if i found one thing that is looking bad or will kill the end effect.For example i kick of from NEP almost 12 types of different cruisers(half of the year of my work)..because I don't like them...so this is not really so strange thing in my case.

#658 11/27/12 10:11

Samer
Website

yes but I should have had a say in that don't you think ? whether I like it or not, not just you  .. because I'm the one who asked you to improve the typhoon model and textures for me ... you scraped it without even letting me see it first !! (after I've been waiting for weeks \ months for you to finish it, that's not fair)
If you still have the improved model .. I want to see it.
Did you even think that I might be able to fix the head neck and leg connection ? The hammer head, neck connection was all wrong btw too, I had to resize the neck and head and experiment with center positions to fix it, (honestly it took few hours) I would have fixed this one too, if you gave me the chance. The neck was wrong .. so what ?? we would have fixed the neck ! there are 18 other parts of the model ! didn't you improve the head ? the chest ? the mid ? the calfs ? the textures ? then I want them except if you didn't work on them at all .. then just say so.
I don't want to change the look of the typhoon and make it a different character. If you're going to improve it .. fine, but I don't want it to become something else.

Last edited by Samer (11/27/12 10:11)

#659 11/27/12 20:11

Leus
Website

Classic.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#660 11/28/12 04:11

ltemplar

How dare you!..I'm pretty patience man..but this...this...is beyond the line.
Who you think you are..my Boss....or what??
Fair you say?
I was pretty annoyed by your behavior around the BGI robot and what you done with that texture....on it...but did i use worlds like this...no..i try only advice you....give you the hint....and all i get was the "shut up thing"
Now..I scrap something (not delete) that was bad from the beginning....proposing something better(in 3 forms)..and now this...It's ridiculous.
Not to mention that you try to insult me(in not really gentle way) that I'm not trust worthy......
That's beyond my limit...

Now when i will return to home(I'm in job now) I will show you the picture that what I was telling was true...but that will be all..
I will return here when I will do ALL my works...not sooner..

Ltemplar.

Last edited by ltemplar (11/28/12 04:11)

#661 11/28/12 06:11

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

How dare you!..I'm pretty patience man..but this...this...is beyond the line.

1. patient*
2. You agreed to help me with the BGI characters .. and you're the one who said you wanted to improve the typhoon.
3. I've been waiting for it for weeks (or is it months, I don't know) and now when it's nearly done you tell me oops sorry No I "scrapped it"
4.You finish it ... then you scrap it ? I understand english isn't your strength, it isn't mine either, but scrap it means to tear down .. delete it (as I understand it) ..and just to be sure I said :
"so be honest with me .. did you improve the model like you said ? if so publish it as is, even if it's not fully complete because it's hard to believe that it was almost done and then you suddenly deleted everything :\"
to which you replied : "Yes i scraped it... And for me is really normal thing to scrap things even done in 99%.." you didn't say no I didn't delete it.
If your original intention was to help me with it, like you said, then I asked you nicely to please release the progress you made and I'll continue it.
5. You decided to change it all together and make 3 forms or whatever .. that's not discussion nor is it working together, that's you taking a decision on your own and forcing it on me without even letting me know wth it is or how it was before .. at least post the progress you're making.
6. "Not to mention that you try to insult me(in not really gentle way) that I'm not trust worthy"...... When I want to insult you in a not gentle way you'll know it, but I'm not going to. I'm frustrated that you gave me your word to improve it and after it's improved you tore it down and I have to wait again.
7. "I was pretty annoyed by your behavior around the BGI robot and what you done with that texture....on it...but did i use worlds like this...no..i try only advice you....give you the hint....and all i get was the "shut up thing""
come again ?
again I asked you to make the textures, thanks they're awesome I said thanks already .. and I have the right to modify it as I want and I credited you, you don't like it then modify it yourself, make a package of the snow white one and publish it no one is telling you no, others liked it ... I can't please every single person... and as I said this is what my skill level at the moment allows me to do with the textures and btw I'm going to do the same with the Hammer ^_^ so they all have a common color.
8. Shut up thingy ... I never said that by word, though honestly you sometimes don't know when to stop ... you were just feeding me BS at times.  I'll quote again this : Mr. K and Mr. B will be already dead by the time her parents spawn so what's the point" ... that's simply a flat out lie whose purpose I still fail to see, no way 2 characters with that much hp can die in 200 frames. how was that advice or hint or whatever ? when you gave some good feedback I took it .. but again I tell you just cause you don't like something doesn't mean I have to change it for you to like, on the expense of me liking it. and once I offer my explanation and my logic for the modification and you still argue and question it and belittle it then yes I don't want to hear anymore of that.
9. "I will show you the picture that what I was telling was true...but that will be all.." Keep it I don't want to see it, If it's good I'll feel bad that u scrapped it and I've been waiting for it for so long, if that's the intention then no thanks.
10. Thanks for the hammer model and textures and for the  BGI robot textures, but I think from now on I'll work alone, this is not working out for me, I've planned these characters for years and I've made many already, I'll make the rest on my own. I no longer want the typhoon improved nor do I want the Sarai outfit nor the BGI troopers. If you want to make your own versions of course you're free to do so but use different names than my characters and different package numbers please. As for the BGI level whether you still want to include them in the level is up to you ... I'm not going to interfere with that.
and from now on I don't want your help nor your feedback whether it's positive or negative ... and I'll do the same.

Last edited by Samer (11/28/12 06:11)

#662 11/28/12 11:11

ltemplar

". "Not to mention that you try to insult me(in not really gentle way) that I'm not trust worthy"...... When I want to insult you in a not gentle way you'll know it, but I'm not going to. I'm frustrated that you gave me your word to improve it and after it's improved you tore it down and I have to wait again." Scraped don't mean that I delete it..simple remove int o SCRAP-YARD on may hard drive and not continue working on it ....So I don't understand when you got that idea that I delete it??????
"I'm going to do the same with the Hammer ^_^ so they all have a common color."- do what you want ..It's your character concept not mine.

"8. Shut up thingy ... I never said that by word, though honestly you sometimes don't know when to stop ... you were just feeding me BS at times.  I'll quote again this : Mr. K and Mr. B will be already dead by the time her parents spawn so what's the point""- Thats why i put this sentence in to blankets..

"9. "I will show you the picture that what I was telling was true...but that will be all.." Keep it I don't want to see it, If it's good I'll feel bad that u scrapped it and I've been waiting for it for so long, if that's the intention then no thanks."

No...no this will not work....because you insult me that I'm a liar or I can't keep my word(not directly-but I can read))..and thats to much...
So here is the prof you were asking for

Typhoon done in 95% (as you can see..)..the only textures i don't have are for foot and for neck(borrowed from original typhoon)
all textures are 512x512 excluding thous two mentioned above
overall number of polygons -2162

bgityphonview1.jpg
bgityphonview2.jpg
bgityphonview3.jpg
bgityphonview4.jpg
bgityphonview5.jpg

"and from now on I don't want your help nor your feedback whether it's positive or negative ... and I'll do the same."- Ok..no problem...

Last edited by ltemplar (11/28/12 11:11)

#663 11/28/12 12:11

Samer
Website

ok that one looks good so why did YOU decide to scrap it ?? and not give it to me .. and start over ? Because YOU don't like it ? well I do like it , and as you said it's MY character concept, so shouldn't you have asked me if it's ok as is now, instead of YOU deciding to scrap it and make 3 versions without even asking me ? I don't want 3 versions of him ..
and "SCRAP-YARD on may hard drive" ... WTH is that ? sounds like recycle bin.
If the intention was to help me with it then great here it is, stay true to your word and give it to me ...  or are you trying to "punish me" now ?

"8. Shut up thingy ... I never said that by word, though honestly you sometimes don't know when to stop ... you were just feeding me BS at times.  I'll quote again this : Mr. K and Mr. B will be already dead by the time her parents spawn so what's the point""- That's why i put this sentence in to blankets..

hope u gave it a pillow too .. if you put in "blankets" or not it's still not true, and the only purpose I see from it was criticizing for the sake of criticism whether it's true or not ...

I didn't say you are a liar, I questioned if you made them why not publish the progress and why not release it ? and I have every right to see the progress you're making on something that is mine and you're simply helping me with,(you took that as I want proof while I really want to see the progress if it's alright as is now before you scrap it and change it into something else I don't want, already you've changed too much about his look he's becoming like a ninja while at the end we agreed we'll give laser projectiles from his visor, jubei and akane are the ninjas) and I questioned If maybe I misunderstood what you're saying about your progress and the progress you're at, cause I need a freaking dictionary to understand your English.

But right now YOU ARE BEING SELFISH AND CHILDISH : here see I made it big_smile and I'm not gonna give it to you. In hopes you'd make me feel bad ? well good for you.

Last edited by Samer (11/28/12 12:11)

#664 11/28/12 12:11

Leus
Website

Samer you're putting a lot of words into his mouth man.  In my experience people are very reasonable and it's easy to work out a mutually acceptable conclusion if you just approach it with the assumption that the person is reasonable and had no harmful intentions.  Disputes are almost always the result of a breakdown in communication, and maybe the fact that English isn't either of you guys' primary language doesn't help the matter.  But from what I see in this conversation, you have the expectation that ltemplar is out to hurt you in some way.  You never once tried just simply saying anything like, "Since you're working on a new concept for it, can you send me what you had so far on the original Typhoon model?"  One simple sentence, and he could have had nothing else to say in response except "yes" or "no," and then you'd know if he was actually trying to withhold it from you in order to hurt you--which I highly doubt.

Sorry man...  I don't like seeing fights like this and I can't imagine you enjoy participating in them, so I thought I'd try and give a suggestion on how to make things go more smoothly.  Hope I didn't offend.  I know you're not trying to create situations like this, it's just that quite often it's hard for a person to take a step back and view their actions from an objective standpoint, so I thought maybe an outside perspective on the matter might be useful to you.

And ltemplar, I know I don't need to tell you but, there is hostility coming from you too.  I realize in this conversation it's mostly in defense against Samer's attacks, but I just wanna mention that hostility in any situation will most likely only create MORE hostility.  I mean, I know you don't want to get in a fight, but look at how Samer's hostility to you causes you to behave.  Your hostility back to him creates the same reaction that you had.  It's a never-ending cycle; conflict only creates more conflict.  So...  I don't really know what to say; I know it's a natural instinct to fight back when we feel attacked, but by this point in the conversation Samer is doing that too, and at this rate you guys will just keep perpetuating the hostility to no end.

I realize I have no authority to moderate you guys' interactions, but I thought maybe everyone would rather not be fighting but instead having a productive conversation.  We're all adults here, so despite what's happened so far, I see no reason why we can't leave it behind us and move forward cooperatively.

Last edited by Leus (11/28/12 13:11)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#665 11/28/12 13:11

Leus
Website

I feel I need to add something, to clarify to ltemplar...  I believe Samer has felt attacked by statements of yours in the past which I'm sure you didn't intend as offensive, and so this conversation is kind of just an extension of those interactions.  Again, I believe it's all a matter of miscommunication.  You both feel like the other person "started it," and of course neither of you want to back down.  But don't think of it as backing down--just resolving a misunderstanding and moving forward.

Hopefully I'm helpful.  hmm

#666 11/28/12 13:11

Samer
Website

Leus you know I really respect you and consider you a friend.
My accusatory tone, was result of frustration waiting for so long for it and then simply it's gone .. maybe I misunderstood the scrapped it thing. So yes I admit after being postponed for weeks now and never seeing any progress on it I questioned if there's any work done on it.
All what I really wanted was to see how it is now, if I like it as is then there's no reason for him to change it again and possibly taking it into a direction I don't want.
I don't want to fight .. but some users the way they word their "criticism" just rubs me the wrong way I guess .. I've never had this problem with Edt's criticism or yours or Mukade or .. or ..
but yes admittedly I need a chill pill tongue
and I apologize for dragging it longer instead of stopping it.

Last edited by Samer (11/28/12 13:11)

#667 11/28/12 13:11

Leus
Website

Thanks man, I respect and consider you a friend too, I know you're a really nice guy.  Like you said there, it's just the way certain things come across as offensive when they're not meant to be.  Especially when people involved are using a language that isn't their primary language, AND when writing in text instead of talking face-to-face a LOT of the true meaning gets lost, so it's easy for everyone to misinterpret things.

#668 11/28/12 14:11

ltemplar

hmmm...

Ok I admit. I also a lite bit overreacted. But i hate when peoples try to put words into my mouth....
But i hate the most when somebody try to cal me lair (off course not in direct sense) - then this really work on me like the red sheet on the bull..and then I become pretty impulsive.

I never have intentions in fighting somebody or try to hurt him, until he really, and i mean really get into my nerves(and Samer behavior was far from that point) Mostly in such case, i drop conversation... and that's exactly , what I was trying to do from the beginning (knowing in which direction this conversation it's going).

And Samer..when i use sentences "You may consider this..." then I really try to point out that something is not fit there(not to insult you, attack you ..or create other bad intention). In my dictionary thats a constructive criticism...I understand that it can sometimes make things overcomplicated, or leading to misunderstanding...but this is how I express what I think.

If you don't like it ,then just tell me this.
And I don't know why but I have this nasty fill that everything start when I began working with geyser...strange.

And last thing..you really like this version of Typhoon?....I don't...It have many mistakes...which makes texturing work hard ..and killing the end result(for example...see how the back part of the pelvis have turned out...its horrible)..there are more...things...
Of course i can put the DAE file here (messy like always) , because I have no intention in working on that model any longer..

Last edited by ltemplar (11/28/12 15:11)

#669 11/28/12 15:11

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

And I don't know why but I have this nasty fill that everything start when I began working with geyser...strange.

Ironically I feel that too .. maybe cause when you started working with geyser, you stopped involving me .. for example when you were making the apartment and the hammer I felt we were making good progress and communicating well, but then you stopped posting any updates on the BGI thread while you are working with geyser behind the scenes (on another project or whatever) ...  you just tell me wait till it's finished whenever I ask for anything .. when you started working with geyser it seems like you abandoned the BGI project you and I started.
for example, here the typhoon .. why didn't you post screenshots of the progress as you worked on it, like you did before with the hammer ? if you did then I would have told you that you're going in a direction that I didn't want for it. And yes to be honest I felt that you started to change what you and I agreed on to please geyser, as he trashed the typhoon and thus it seemed to me that you're changing it to his likes not mine, and not involving me in the decisions.

whether that's true or not I don't know but that's how I felt. Hope you understand where I'm coming from.

If you want us to work together we have to communicate more, you have to post the progress on the things that concern me aka characters and get me involved in the decisions and process of it. Or if you want a break till you finish your project with geyser that's fine too .. we can continue our project when you're done and have the time and focus to communicate with me on the forum more.

as for the typhoon .. I like some aspects of it .. I don't like that you changed the head that much I wanted him to keep his visor it looked liked cyclops's visor and I wanted him to shoot lasers out of it.
All I was hoping for with the typhoon when you said you're going to improve it was just to make the body parts smoother, more rounded and less blocky and some fresher texture work removing pixelation and such I didn't think you're going to make something from scratch .. as  for the dae if you post it with the textures it will sure be useful for me and I'll appreciate it  so I hope you do .. I'll modify it a bit and mix and match with the old typhoon.
and I'm just curious, (not asking you to work on it again if you don't want to) what did you mean by 3 versions of it how would they be different ?

Last edited by Samer (11/28/12 15:11)

#670 11/28/12 16:11

ltemplar

"and I'm just curious, (not asking you to work on it again if you don't want to) what did you mean by 3 versions of it how would they be different ?"

well..I adopted your "change when health is low ONCC idea" to my likings.
So he will change during fight ...not only in visual way but also he will get some abilities(and lost others).
Think about combat dmg. to his armor/weapons..etc.

I will put the DAE and textures files probably tomorrow.

#671 11/28/12 16:11

Samer
Website

ok .. one more question about the hammer's particle attack .. do you still want to release it ( and if so, soon ?) cause I've got the hammer done .. shall I release it or wait for your attack.

#672 11/29/12 01:11

Samer
Website

Any volunteers for sounds for the Hammer ?

I'm thinking I should add some sounds to his moves

"Thunder Clap !"
"Thunder Storm !"
"Rhino Charge !"
"Shock Wave!"

I'll modify them heavily to add echo like ninja's and swat tctf sounds .. so they don't need to be perfect .. just need to sound like a super move compare to Lion Fist or Block Buster

#673 11/29/12 13:11

ltemplar

The BGI Typhoon

http://www.mediafire.com/?vobs2ftgtfsgctc

All textures in PDS format..so it should be easy to modify them.

#674 11/30/12 17:11

Samer
Website

thank you smile

Btw do you mind if I attempted making BGI troopers ?

#675 12/02/12 10:12

ltemplar

Of course...not. I'm even curious what you will be able to produce..

Last edited by ltemplar (12/02/12 10:12)

Board footer