Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#601 10/05/12 04:10

ltemplar

Re: Various New characters Project

Firs tell me if this outfit will be regular take of armor/ costume..or integrated with the body..then we can produce something proper for it. I told yo many times how easy thous shadings are created.First experiment .If you will and you still be not satisfied with your work...then you can sent it to me..But after that...not before.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 04:10)

#602 10/05/12 05:10

Samer
Website

yes as i said i'm gonna try to do that don't worry tongue I'm not someone who throws his work on others.
for the armor, it's just an armor like hammer or typhoon, if u want to, make a suggestion for the back of the chest instead of the zipper part and i'll try to make it. sketch or something ?

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 05:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#603 10/05/12 06:10

ltemplar

I will provide you a sketch then..

#604 10/05/12 17:10

ltemplar

A quick sketch ..of how I see the hydra's back zipper area.

img223a.jpg

Iknow that her proportions are a lite bit off..but oh well...This is only the concept ..not a full art.

Sorry for double post

Last edited by ltemplar (10/05/12 17:10)

#605 10/05/12 22:10

Samer
Website

Ouh ok thanks, yeah i can do that ^_^ like the tctf's and hayate black armor ...
btw is there anything u can't do tongue awesome sketch .. U should post some artwork in the creative minds section.

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 23:10)

#606 10/06/12 01:10

ltemplar

Well..I can't fly.....yet

#607 10/06/12 01:10

Samer
Website

well it's always nice to have new goals ^_^

#608 10/06/12 01:10

ltemplar

Totally agree.... tongue

#609 10/11/12 13:10

Samer
Website

BGI Shocker Concept
ok obviously the body proportion is off and I'm not a very good sketcher .. but this is the idea ..

*spiky hair (different than both comguys)
*visor piece on the eye and 2 speakers with long antenna
*the fists are integrated VDGs ( i didn't know how to draw them tongue)
*the green circular piece on the chest would have an animated texture the makes it look like it's always moving\glowing or showing sparks (like an energy orb)
*the black rings on arms and legs i'm hoping I'd be able to attach green electrical decorative particles to them that either run along the rings or between 2 consecutive rings
*he'll have some sort of big battery or energy source on his back (like the thing on elite's back)

His moves : he'll shoot electricity that stuns from his fists, (like VDG) .. 1 of the super move will be : Konoko powerup animation with mutant muro electricity colored green instead of red .. also hoping to use the particles that shoot form the generators in atmospheric centers ...

11102012625.jpg

Last edited by Samer (10/11/12 13:10)

#610 10/11/12 15:10

ltemplar

Is this supposed to be Tesla generators(those black rings)? Thunders emblems on shoulder armor plates?
Honestly..but this will look weird even in my standards(not to mention Geyser's).Especially thous Tesla like rings. Visors look good enough but antennas are badly choice in composition with them. Btw. for what purpose he need two?.
Integrated VDG..with fists...? This is utterer stupid idea..thous things are delicate..as eggs ...Not to mention ..how he will be able to handle weapons in them...Think about something more "realistic" in next approach .
Overall idea isn't really bad but you need a lot of work to produce something interesting from this concept.
Sorry but for now it look to poor for me.Improve it.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/11/12 15:10)

#611 10/11/12 16:10

Samer
Website

1.Let me put it this way .. though i think i was pretty clear before .. I'm not trying to impress geyser .. nor am I pitching ideas for ''approval'' .. I'm simply asking if u like to help mod him or where u want to include him in ur level ... Or if u have specific suggestions to improve him like u had for the hammer, guess not.
2. He simply doesn't handle weapons .. he has electric shot attacks why does he need weapons that will do less damage. not every bgi character has to carry weapons, hydras, and hammer won't .. Agents,  bots, troopers will.
3. Vd delicate as eggs how and since when tongue ?
4. I'll make it any way ^_^ .. if u don't want to use it in ur level as u wish, though i mentioned it before when you agreed to include my characters in ur level .. once u make the level i can make a mod that adds him .. i'd appreciate it though if u had 1 room in the underground facility with many electric generators.
5. I mentioned him here http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=2426&p=1

Samer wrote:

7. BGI Shocker: category : miniboss .. ability : generates stunning electric bolts from fists and can discharge a lot of electricity from his chest (like mutant's muro attack) appearance : humane head with visor and ear pieces with antenna .. and spiky hair .. body : white armor , energy source on back, 1 fist of the armor shaped like a vdg .. and there's a central circular green plate on his chest which discharges electricity (can make it animated) I will make this character model and moves .. might need ur help with the shooting bolts. appearance : 1 of the rooms of the underground .. where there are a lot of equipment and wires.

Last edited by Samer (10/11/12 16:10)

#612 10/11/12 17:10

ltemplar

Hmm...

1)I see that mentioning something about the character..is incising your stress level tongue(kdn) But honestly.. You are asking for my opinion..or only seek someone to model it? If the second one i see no problem..but only when i have free time and finish other models. in the work.
2)Only for solo mission..and no as playable char?
3)......
4)Do as you wish. Maybe we can include it. Maybe..
5)And from the description..I wasn't able to answer you ..then. Still can't.

Next time if you post a char..Add in the beginning of the post/topic..the note  "No critic allowed"..And define what you want for others to do. This will avoid a lot of misunderstandings form both sides.

#613 10/11/12 17:10

Samer
Website

i'm open for suggestions to make it better .. example u suggested to remove hammers from hammer and add those things on his wrists ..
but i want constructive criticism .. "just saying this is utter stupid idea, and improve it" doesn't give me much :\ u know what i mean ?

no i can model him myself i'll use some parts from the hammer u made though tongue i wanted help with the particles shooting electricity thing and adding them as decorative particles on his body, since particles are hard for me.. as i said before.

I will make this character model and moves .. might need ur help with the shooting bolts

even as playable character i hardly think anyone would want to carry a plasma rifle with him, .. when he can make more powerful attacks without them .
when someone is playing a new character what's the point of having him just carry a weapon like every other old character ? thugs can do that.

anyway let's leave it for later it will be a long time before i get to him anyway.

Last edited by Samer (10/11/12 17:10)

#614 10/12/12 16:10

Samer
Website

Suits ..
I always wanted to get suits in game to use for BGI executives and other characters
work in progress obviously the cop textures are place holders and even the jacket color will change ..
this is somewhat what the bgi executive would be like
but older and meaner looking face textures and the ties green .. i'll make 4 variants of them
Oni%25202012-10-13%252000-05-45-85.jpg

Muro will get his black suit and white shirt and black tie that he has in the lose screen, something like my current avatar

Hayate will get something similar to this : dead-or-alive-ultimate-200412010425.jpg

various colors and some style adjustments can be also made for other characters such as james hasegawa .. and maybe a suit for casey ..

Last edited by Samer (10/12/12 21:10)

#615 10/12/12 19:10

Samer
Website

BGI EXECUTIVE
2012-10-13_032154.jpg
Oni%25202012-10-13%252003-23-54-54_cr.jpg

comments would be nice

Last edited by Samer (10/12/12 19:10)

#616 10/12/12 20:10

Lithium

Nice suit, looks great dude

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#617 10/12/12 21:10

EdT
Website

He is the Mr. Bad of Bad Guys Incorporated!

#618 10/13/12 04:10

s10k
Website

Yes looks great.

#619 10/13/12 07:10

uroboros

Looking good. He reminds me of agent smith wink

Last edited by uroboros (10/13/12 07:10)

#620 10/13/12 18:10

Samer
Website

I have a question ..
By altering trbs .. Example scaling or adding to the volume of the mesh while still keeping the same center of the object .. Could that affect the way the moves hit enemies ?
Example after giving hayate that cape .. Running throws seem harder to pull off .. Developer mode if he's AI says : tried to throw but failed .. Null something .. hmm

does it have to do with bounding boxesor something.

#621 10/13/12 20:10

EdT
Website

In dev mode access the CMD line and enter chr_debug_sphere=1, you will see spheres around Hayate, now compare the size of the spheres with another character by shapeshifting F8 

If Hayate cape's spheres are much larger than others, then that may be causing the problem.  Remember Kanu, the model I sent you?  Originally her hair was much longer and I found out I couldn't hit anyone.  Then I looked at the spheres and they were huge, so then her punches and kicks were inside the spheres and were not colliding with the other characters.    When I cut her hair shorter, then the sphere's were smaller and she could hit again.  I don't know the technical reasons behind it, that was simply my observation.

#622 10/13/12 23:10

Samer
Website

yeah you were right Edt thanks for the info, they were big in comparison to vanilla characters however not so big in comparison to other hayate outfits such as black armor and dante ( i guess adding the swords on the back also increased the chest sphere and thus the overall one ) though these outfits don't have the problem of the cape one .. so i decreased the cape's size .. but it wasn't enough .. so i came up with another solution big_smile I added an invisible long polygon to the fists and feet .. now they can get outside of the sphere and hit enemies...  and throws work too ^_^

Last edited by Samer (10/14/12 05:10)

#623 10/15/12 13:10

Samer
Website

when my computer stopped starting I went back to using my old PC (doesn't have internet or XSI anymore) but it still had Oni with my old mods back from 2009 ^_^
it was nice to reminisce how things have evolved.
2012-10-15_211535.jpg
2012-10-15_213211.jpg
2012-10-15_212022.jpg

Last edited by Samer (10/15/12 13:10)

#624 10/16/12 16:10

Samer
Website

mm Anyone knows if there's a possible way to decrease the spheres size without manipulating the dae ?  TRBS xml or TRAM extents or something ? I've recently noticed this causes some bugs in the throws for other outfits and I don't want to change the mesh too much as it would ruin the look :\

Last edited by Samer (10/16/12 16:10)

#625 10/23/12 15:10

Samer
Website

Board footer