Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#576 09/02/12 04:09

Samer
Website

Re: Various New characters Project

What do u think should i use the cape on the black hayate ? If so i'll have to remove the katana (which i think looks cool with that outfit) .. Or i'll make another outfit using the cape big_smile
no one says he can't have like 8 outfits right tongue ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#577 09/02/12 04:09

Lithium

Keep the katana, rid of the cape. Katana's more fitting imo

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#578 09/02/12 07:09

EdT
Website

Samer: That is a great site you found for character models.  There is even an Oni model: http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/charac … 4-1-0-2311  lol

#579 09/02/12 10:09

Samer
Website

Yeah what i liked most about it was that the models were all low poly and mostly in object format and had uv maps and all free big_smile unlike turbosquid.

Edt i have a question dunno if u know abt this .. Usually when i mod characters i convert the TRBS to dae .. But converting the ONCC to trbs is better to see the whole body in normal stance and the textures at same time, however using the ONCC i'm having trouble rotating body parts ..
meaning let's say i want to rotate the mid a bit along x axis so it aligns well with the pelvis .. After i rotate and freeze the rotation save as dae and convert to oni .. In game it's as if it wasn't rotated at all, reverts back to how the ONCC model was when i imported it to xsi.. (though it works for translation and scaling, it's not working with rotation)
while if i'm using a TRBS source and rotate it, and freeze rotation in game it keeps that rotation ..
My guess is that when u import it as ONCC it automatically rotates all body parts to match the stance, converting that back it ignores the rotation and restores them to the way they should be .. However that leaves no way to rotate and keep rotation from an onnc source ?
onisplit shoul correct the rotation only by the factor it rotated the model to match the idle stance and keep any extra rotation.

try it to see what i mean .. Import an ONCC .. Rotate mid let's say so it's backwards .. Freeze mid rotation (or don't freeze rotation, same result)and export this to dae .. Convert that dae to TRBS.oni and test the TRBS in game ..You'll see that the mid rotation was reset to original, while if u follow same steps from a TRBS source it will stay rotated in game.

#580 09/02/12 17:09

EdT
Website

Unfortunately, my Mac 3D program does not support animations so even if I import as ONCC the model is in the default folded state.

Have you tried renaming the exported dae as TRBS before converting to .oni file?   Maybe as you said, if Onisplit sees ONCC it ignores the rotations, but if it is named TRBS it keeps them.

#581 09/04/12 09:09

Samer
Website

this model http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/charac … 4-1-0-1497 robot warrior would be really great  if we could get in game
It is low poly .. there's no need to lower it at all i think and it's in obj format and triangulated 
the body parts are separate and well defined (the head .. chest, biceps are separate objects) though the calf and feet are 1 object and biceps and shoulders they are easy to split as they are well defined ..
it has textures for each body part separately .. (ignore the sword)
would look great as a BGI robotic ninja ^_^ and it kinda looks like an evolved form of the training bot tongue

Last edited by Samer (09/04/12 09:09)

#582 09/04/12 10:09

EdT
Website

That would look awesome!

With all these BGI characters you are making, we need a BGI level model!

#583 09/04/12 10:09

Samer
Website

I think this is what i'm gonna try to learn next : rigging new already made characters into the game, like u did with lara and typhoon and like was done with masterchief and bgi trooper, so far i've modified oni models and mixed and matched them to make new stuff, so this should be a nice change while still in the character domain ^_^ which i can't deny i just love tongue
Edt when the typhoon and lara and trooper were imported .. Was it enough to follow the tutorial geyser has on the wiki using gally ?
If there any other tips u've learnt or guidance before i try it please do share :$

#584 09/04/12 11:09

EdT
Website

Looks like character modding is your expertise!

Actually... Lara was mix and match big_smile

geyser's tutorial is the best to follow. 

Probably you should start with the robot warrior for the reasons you stated earlier.  It is much harder when the model is a single part then you have to break it up into 19 parts and make them all overlap

#585 09/04/12 20:09

Samer
Website

#586 09/04/12 21:09

Samer
Website

paradox tongue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxzJ8ahjP8k&feature=plcp the throw u made here .. can i have it tongue ? please *puppy eyes*

#587 09/05/12 05:09

Samer
Website

sorry for the consecutive posts .. I'm trying to follow geyser's tutorial on ripping models into oni http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:Importing_character_models
He says "The first thing you want to do is combine the head meshes into one. Just comment out the "g" tags for parts 8 through 11, in the OBJ file, and you should get THIS. Reimport it into a new scene, and see what changed. "

what does this mean : Just comment out the "g" tags  .. ? never heard of that .. it's probably something really simple since it's at the beginning and I'm sounding stupid but I'm curious to know what it means .. I know how to merge objects using the 'create' pane then 'merge' in xsi .. is there another way ?

Last edited by Samer (09/05/12 05:09)

#588 09/05/12 05:09

paradox-01

obj file can be opened with an text editor. He probably meant to set # in front of lines (8-11) that start the g.

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/05/12 05:09)

#589 09/05/12 05:09

Samer
Website

obj file can be opened with an text editor
ouh I didn't know that tongue thanks paradox ^_^ did u see my previous post ?

#590 09/05/12 05:09

paradox-01

Youtube informed me that you made a reply there. So I was answering there. (Saw this post later.) smile

Last edited by paradox-01 (09/05/12 05:09)

#591 09/13/12 15:09

Samer
Website

work in progress : hayate's partner : Hanako (means flower, wanted to name her hikari first then realized the name was used by owldreamer for his shinatama 2 character)

like hayate she'll have 4 outfits : red, white, black (stealth) and modern

I'm starting on the red one  ..
2012-09-13_234721.jpg

each outfit will have a different hair style .. the rose one for the modern .. still have 1 more hairstyle to add . And the outfits to make ..
(obviously the cop outfit is a placeholder)
SNAG-0206.jpg
SNAG-0204.jpg

Last edited by Samer (09/13/12 16:09)

#592 09/13/12 16:09

s10k
Website

She looks very pretty I will feel pity if I fight her. ^^

#593 09/13/12 16:09

Samer
Website

She'll mezmorize u with her beauty and then attack tongue she'll have hayate's moves mostly and will appear in the mega pack level.

#594 09/13/12 16:09

ltemplar

Nice... how many Tirs the hairs have?
But i think she looks to realistic to be used in anime based game. Don't you think?

#595 09/13/12 16:09

Samer
Website

The entire head about 800-900 ..  with new severed textures and Sarai we're tending to use more realistic textures .. But i may modify the face textures still try to make them more anime, they were even more realistic when i started with them.

Last edited by Samer (09/13/12 16:09)

#596 09/17/12 17:09

Samer
Website

Oxe a long time ago i saw ur avatar and said i'm gonna make him a custom character Apollo, the one who looks like a blond kojiro with green goggles, can u tell me more abt him .. What's the game/cartoon he's from or full name m trying to google more images for referance .. And any special abilities ? He seemed like he should shoot plasma or energy balls and be radioactive tongue

Last edited by Samer (09/17/12 17:09)

#597 09/17/12 18:09

Lithium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXBFLeuPBM

Mugen game Shades of Manhattan 2.

He only has 2 images as far as I know.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#598 10/05/12 03:10

Samer
Website

second variant of hydra takes after Sarai more, i also toned down the green a bit.
2012-10-05_054144.jpg
2012-10-05_054603.jpg

still need to add metallic parts on the face.

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 03:10)

#599 10/05/12 04:10

ltemplar

Wonderful hairs...
Overall shape is quite nice too...but the texture is a lite bit to flat.
One more thing..if this is an L.S.D. why you add this zipper on her back? This is the armor or the costume?

#600 10/05/12 04:10

Samer
Website

texture of the body u mean is flat ? I agree .. after seeing ur hammer textures tongue I was actually hoping that when i'm done with the variants :$ u'll add that shading and layer that u did on the hammer that makes look less flat :$ :$ but i thought i'll try to do that myself before i ask.
it's not supposed to be a zipper, i got it from the typhoon texture tongue sad it's some metallic thingy .. i agree it can look better but i don't  know what to put there instead .. (shall i send u the chest texture ? to replace the zipper thingy .. tongue :$) ?

Last edited by Samer (10/05/12 04:10)

Board footer