Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#526 02/11/12 10:02

Lukas Kreator

Re: Various New characters Project

Hell yeah, I'd love to see the first one in-game!

#527 02/11/12 12:02

Dirk Gently
Website

Samer wrote:

I'm not saying we 'should' because we can smile .. I'm saying if any one "wants to" and likes them then hey there they are... lara croft was imported, typhoon was imported, alien was imported ... so why not assassin's creed .. just suggesting in case any one would like to give them a try, and it doesn't mean we have to import them as is. The 2nd for example would give me good parts for the golden tctf, and it looks better than the alien model as a bgi trooper imo, the final one could go anywhere and be made into a new awesome character after some texturing. There are people interested in importing new models, i'm just giving a suggestion to start from.

@ Dirk : interesting, u were the one who told me to attempt higher poly models, and said don't worry about the buffer overflow thing it's going to be fixed.

so makes me wonder is anyone actually trying to fix that buffer overflow issue ?

P.S : of course they are not going to be used as is, of course they need poly lowering .. it's not an impossible task though. I did it for the bgi com girl. EdT did it for lara ...

Higher poly count models yes, but if you are talking about the models that were posted earlier in the thread, that looks far too high. And I am stating a fact about the graphical engine of the game, it can handle so much but at some point there will be bottlenecking as the engine was not designed to take such high poly-count models. Halo 1 uses model LODs and using PC tools you can only import a model that has the same or less number of verts per model for the engine to accept it. There was a mac tool that was made that allowed you to use the vert counts from the other LODs to make much higher poly count models. This was a restriction built into the game engine because it cannot handle massive models very well.

Graphics processing in games is mostly based around what the stock materials are, and optimization is built around that rather than any potential content it might be used for. In the case of Oni the poly count per model as well as size of textures was originally limited due to the engine being designed to handle and run well at specific settings on specific hardware builds.

We can make the buffer be able to go to the moon, but in doing that you are going to get more rendering lag as more events will stack up and be waiting to be called. The  processing code which handles how things are processed and rendered is old, it was written in 1998 or 1999. It was not designed for quad core computers with 8GB of ram, that was a dream when Oni was being made. Trying to re-work the graphics processing part of the engine would most likely result in an overhaul in how the game runs. Not something that can be done at this point in time by anyone.

#528 08/07/12 20:08

Samer
Website

So .. I'm done with the Character Retexture Project ... ( hope someday the ninjas, strikers, elites, and thugs get an update by someone, and that VR or\and Severed can further improve mine smile )

So now I'm gonna continue making the Characters .. here's how it will go

Finish Models and Textures :

*Make a second Muro outfit
*Make a replacement for Casey's first outfit
*Make hayate a third outfit resembling prince of persia
*Finish the BGI executives model and textures and add some minor BGI characters, like BGI guards, thug and receptionist. so when we do make the BGI level we'll have all the characters we need, from thugs to bosses.
*Finishing the BGI trooper textures
*Finish the BGI hammer model and Textures
*Make another BGI cyborg character : BGI Shocker, which will join the hammer, trooper, typhoon and hydra, as a team of BGI cyborgs each with unique characteristics.
*Jubei and Akane: update to the face mesh and textures (will make them more unique and add a white outfit for each)
*Motoko texture and model update
*James and Jamie model and texture update

Finish Animations :

*Fix Casey's 4 punches and try to make him a butterfly kick as replacement for the current heavy kick, and release Casey version 5 with the new animations and new outfits and sounds
*Try to make hayate some new throws and do the sword animations
*Finish the hydra animations, will make her a heavy kick and heavy punch and unique throws
*Finish Typhoon animations, will make him a unique heavy punch or kick, other moves are ready
*Finish Hammer animations (these should be easy)
*Finish BGI shocker moves (also hopefully easy, he'll have electrical type attacks, will require particle modification mainly)
*Update the BGI Agents Trac
*Update Jubei's and Akane trac
*Finish Sarai's trac and animations (female BGI boss)

If I finish all that will move on to these ideas :
Making a mega pack that incorporates the custom characters into levels which will include
* Playing as Casey in level 3, will also add him as partner in different levels, and as an enemy in dream lab level or training
* Including James and Jamie in dream lab
* Skull Team fight (already made)
* Golden TCTF fight (Already made)
* Leus's Shini's new Shoes mod to include shinitamabot
*Team final battle, Team konoko : Ultimate Griffin, Golden TCTF, Casey and Shinatamabot vs Muro and the Skull team (kojiro, grey fury, Reg Tanker) and Mukade
* A modified obsolete level to make jester's lair
* Hayate level .. either an additional mod to Edt's china level or modifying the obsolete
and if by then the bgi level is not released will modify level 2 or make something like Edt's Boss Battle level, to fight the various NEW BGI characters.

and Finally the Misc Characters : (at least a year from now)

Apollo, Thor, additional Konoko outfits, Imago Konokos, SemiMutant Muro ..

If u want to help

* I don't get electrical power as much so I don't have much time to research and learn instead I'm trying to finish the things I know best first, like Textures and models and simple animations, I also have a problem with XSI failing to save the scene which makes making throws very difficult
so for those interested in Animation, Nitro, Delano, paradox if u have time and looking for projects u could help with these few moves
* Butterfly Kick for Casey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibs8RgE9noY
* A kick throw for hayate : prince of persia style, he'll mount over the enemy get behind him and kick him from the back .. http://netdna.webdesignerdepot.com/uplo … a-2003.jpg (less height than shown in this pic, i can provide a video if interested)
* Any moves and throws for BGI female Boss .. In the end I might release her with a combination of moves I already have if no one wants to make her something new, I don't have any ideas for her moves at the moment

* Speed up the animations of konoko and furies, the kicks and punches mainly, the hydra will use faster moves of these .. so i'll have to speed up all the animations which is very time consuming so if someone is interested, u could speed up the animations by removing frames from the moves in XSI .. will help me a bunch and it's easy to do.

*I'm also not so good with bsl .. so if someone want to help and try to make the levels modifications i mentioned above to include the custom characters

*And if someone could actually find how exactly do i add damage inflicting particles to the sword for hayate (or if interested do it for me please sad)

*Find a way and convert these files http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/fre … del/315103
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/fre … del/316133
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I … /ID/316131
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d- … ead/330497 to dae or obj preserving the UV map .. I can use the hair to update motoko's model, jamie and Akane or other female characters. will be very useful

Last edited by Samer (08/07/12 20:08)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#529 08/07/12 20:08

EdT
Website

Wow...  I'll try to help where I can.

Update: all the files you want are in c4d format.  I searched and there is no easy way to convert those file.  The only way is if someone has Cinema 4D and convert them for you.

#530 08/08/12 12:08

Lukas Kreator

Samer wrote:

*James and Jamie model and texture update

big_smile

Feel free to use the taunts I "made" for James (http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2227).

Last edited by Lukas Kreator (08/08/12 12:08)

#531 08/08/12 15:08

Samer
Website

Edt could u help me with this ? I want to use parts of the typhoon for the other BGI cyborgs, hammer and shocker .. however for some reason when i convert the TRBS to dae .. the UV maps disappear from the calf, feet and fists only :\ yet the oni file works correctly in game ..
could u check for me if the UV maps disappear for u too if u convert it .. ? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/TRBStyphoon.oni
and if they do, do u have another dae with uv maps sad

Last edited by Samer (08/08/12 15:08)

#532 08/08/12 16:08

Samer
Website

sorry double post, just wanted to make sure lukas sees this, lukas sure i'll use them and still hoping for jamie taunts ..
Lukas u made some good levels and u are really good with scripting .. Aren't u at all interested in maybe making that jester lair level and scripting the fight ? I know u got the skills for it, I don't.
Or the column level u made, u can script a hayate battle there that would be awesome. We really should combine our skills .. I mean i'm making characters, yet they are just characters, without including them in the game they're worthless, others are making empty levels, others are making animations for old characters who already have plenty of moves, why not combine our skills  and make new stuff ! New level with new characters who have new moves, new storylines .. Etc hmm ..

#533 08/08/12 18:08

EdT
Website

#534 08/08/12 18:08

Samer
Website

i'll try it tomorrow and see if it works, i don't have electric power now sad (using mobile browser)

p.s was there a comment from script_10 ?

Last edited by Samer (08/08/12 18:08)

#535 08/08/12 18:08

EdT
Website

He asked to delete the post, wrong topic.

#536 08/09/12 00:08

Samer
Website

Edt still same problem with the one u sent sad, what could possibly cause this .. does it work for you ?
here : selecting the calf : no UV map shows (nor feet nor fists) SNAG-0175.jpg
selecting other parts : UV maps present SNAG-0176.jpg

Last edited by Samer (08/09/12 00:08)

#537 08/09/12 08:08

EdT
Website

So weird.  This is what I see in my 3D program:

typhoonUV.jpg

Try these files: http://edt.oni2.net/temp/Typhoonfile.zip

I exported from the model my 3D program as dae and obj, though the obj loses the center point for all the body parts sad

#538 08/09/12 13:08

EdT
Website

Double post!

Samer: Since you have such good ideas, why don't you look through the 3D warehouse and see if you can find a building or something that we can use in a new level: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

All the previous custom levels, were outside the story, but hopefully, you can come up with something to add to the story. We can use one of the empty level spots in the original game to add to the story.  For example the spot before TCTF headquarters, or a storyline between Science prison and TCTF2.

#539 08/09/12 13:08

Samer
Website

ouh cool big_smile will do.
Btw i'm still waiting for the electrical power to test the files u posted tongue i finally finished uni and got spare time tongue yet it's taking me forever to finish a mod.

#540 08/09/12 16:08

Samer
Website

thanks Edt the object one works, dae doesn't .. I'll manually reset the center points no problem, but this really makes no sense tongue ! it must be something weird with XSI. although i swear i think i've seen the UV maps before when i was doing the hydra :\
i also tried converting the working oni to dae then fbx then dae again .. and the dae u gave me to fbx then dae with no success

Last edited by Samer (08/09/12 16:08)

#541 08/12/12 03:08

Samer
Website

anyone knows who the guy posting these videos is tongue ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5zTIqq0 … ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprHMS2e … ure=relmfu  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOicmWf … re=related

he's using the custom characters big_smile which makes me happy ^_^. what language are the comments in ?

#542 08/12/12 05:08

uroboros

Polish..  I watched several oni videos from his channel before, sometimes he can be a little bit boring but overall his walkthroughs are not bad. tongue

#543 08/12/12 05:08

Samer
Website

so casey is gonna get a new outfit .. and so will muro .. and a third character
what do u think of muro's outfit ? (the upper 2 belts need lowering, but how about the color scheme? go with purple or shall i try brown tongue if i go with purple for muro, i'll make kojiro a brown one)
SNAG-0182.jpg

Last edited by Samer (08/12/12 06:08)

#544 08/12/12 10:08

EdT
Website

Hmmm... Would Muro and casey go to the same tailor?

Samer: I asked owldreamer if he could convert the Cinema4D files for you and he did.  However, the hair was originally made with splines and when converted the polygon counts are very high. It may be hard to reduce the count to work in Oni.  Further, I have to edit the file to remove all sorts of unnecessary elements that perhaps came from the conversion of C4D to FBX.

Here is one of them: http://edt.oni2.net/files/MangaHead4.zip  I converted from FBX to OBJ and DAE.  Before I spend time on the others, I want to know if you can use it.

#545 08/12/12 10:08

Samer
Website

yay big_smile yes i can use it ^_^ it looks real nice. i can lower the poly count don't worry ^_^ the hair i used last for shinatamabot was high poly count as well. If u convert the others too, i'll be able to use one for motoko, jamie, new akane, hydra, bgi receptionest and imago konoko ^_^ and i like that the hair is several parts, so i can even mix and match.

well tongue yes the outfit is mainly for casey, it will be a bonus one for muro, kojiro and hayate with different colors and little differences, then we'll have a who wore it best competition tongue big_smile

I was originally looking for a replacement for casey's first blue outfit .. found this
Characters%252520%2528DMC3%2529%252520Coatless%252520Dante.jpg  dante .. from devil may cry
so i thought i'll make one for casey blue, one for muro purple and one for hayate as cosplay dante. and maybe a brown one for kojiro so it'll be a common style for the characters i've made (in addition to muro), if they appear as a team sometime in some mod. And they all have other outfits, and once i make the bgi executives, i'll make a suit for muro too.

Last edited by Samer (08/12/12 11:08)

#546 08/12/12 13:08

Valkyrur

I personally think you went a bit overboard with the purple on Muro.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#547 08/12/12 13:08

Samer
Website

so u mean i should decrease saturation or use another color or what ?

#548 08/12/12 13:08

Valkyrur

I think it'd look better if it was a bit more brown and leathery.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#549 08/12/12 13:08

Lukas Kreator

Well, Muro looks very good too, but I agree that the outfit being colored the same color as his hair looks perhaps a bit odd.
But the color itself is not bad. Also, the bracelets look a bit like silver watches XD

(Also, Samer, I forgot to tell you, but I no longer have access to that Facebook profile in the group. My new Facebook profile is referred to as "lucas.sanches.3551".)

#550 08/12/12 13:08

Samer
Website

ouh ok .. i initially intended to make it brown and leathery but then thought i'd make that for kojiro .. i guess we'll figure out another color for kojiro tongue i'll try the brown and post a screenshot.

Board footer