Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 10/21/09 14:10

Samer
Website

Re: It's time, guys. (BGI concepts discussion)

I like mukade's version smile

but is it possible to make that into 3D ? and put it into the game ? I mean we are still struggling with mixing character parts ...

who is going to actually make it :s ?

Last edited by Samer (10/21/09 14:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#102 10/21/09 14:10

Iritscen

I wouldn't worry about who will make it, modeling something like this is easy.

But Mukade, I couldn't really get a sense from your reply if you were going to change the design at all.  I'm not really sure that a dropship would be designed to land on the point of its nose and its fins, for one thing wink  You would be able to use landing gear if the bottom were mostly flat, but with large objects hanging down like the nose, the gears would have to be ridiculously huge to reach the ground.

Also, the dropship definitely needs to have wings or rotors like a conventional modern-day VTOL, unless you can explain scientifically how the current model stays aloft when flying.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#103 10/22/09 08:10

Stevinlewis

Dropships could also be like helicopters. The Pelican is something like a helicopter. thrusters at the side. Small little wings( Which arent really wings i think) with 6 by 2 seats. Aint that it? O_O . Gimme a few more days. Ive scratched all my prev designs cuz it dosent fit into the oni world. Its harder then I thought tongue

#104 10/22/09 08:10

Iritscen

Stevinlewis wrote:

Dropships could also be like helicopters. The Pelican is something like a helicopter. thrusters at the side. Small little wings( Which arent really wings i think) with 6 by 2 seats.

Yes, helicopters are VTOL as well.  But I figured, since we already saw the Syndicate using helicopters, it might be cooler to give BGI something more high-tech (and it is the future, after all), which would mean using a thrust method more like the Harrier (the jet I posted a picture of before), where there's thrusters pointing down.  In fact, I think the Harrier is redirecting the thrust from the rear-facing nozzles through downward vents; there isn't an additional engine for landing/taking off, it just directs the thrust from the engine vertically to lift off, then horizontally to fly.

#105 10/22/09 16:10

Mukade

it isnt airborne as such, like i said, its using repulsor technology (i dont want to got too far with that so its very basic and can't go very high) Although i have the distinct feeling that you'll disapprove of advanced sci-fi type technology like that :-/
maybe ill get around to modifying the drawing but really, as long as you have basic desgin all you would have to do when making a 3D model is make the small changes youself. Also, i considered this, the wings could in fact slide backwards and up (in a curve not an angle )
for an entrence, which solves a couple problems.

I suppose this would be a good chance as any to start getting introduced to XSI?
I have it and ive looked around and i'dsay i know about 0.01% of how it works...
it looks WAAAY to complex tongue but ill see what i can do, (my AC3D trial expired sad )

hey i thought XSI was free it says my trial expired

Last edited by Mukade (10/22/09 17:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#106 10/22/09 16:10

Iritscen

it isnt airborne as such, like i said, its using repulsor technology (i dont want to got too far with that so its very basic and can't go very high)

Okay, maybe I should have been clearer on this -- the dropship is used in our story to fly long distances, even up to the Mountain Compound.  It definitely needs to be able to fly horizontally like a plane at high altitude, as well as ascend and descend vertically.

#107 10/22/09 17:10

Mukade

that's what ive been saying, i said i would make a dropship, but sorta changed my mind hmm
don't judge this by dropship criteria smile

i thought XSI was free, but my trial expried hmm

Last edited by Mukade (10/22/09 17:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#108 10/22/09 17:10

Iritscen

Oh, okay.  Well, I don't know that it will get used in the BGI story if it's not a dropship wink  It might still be useful as a set piece in the BGI building's hangar, though, so if you want to continue the work for your own edification, go right ahead, but I'm not making any promises that we will know where it can fit into the story.

#109 10/22/09 17:10

Mukade

oh i know, but it would still be a cool thing to put in like you say, as a prop, but like i also said, itm ya not be a dropship but it's a troop carrier, so it could still drive up next to her, drop off it's payload and drive off

#110 10/22/09 17:10

Leus
Website

Oh, the move I was talking about where the character sticks out their fists and spins that I thought was striker slam was actually an elite move, I realized.

......I'm late on this subject.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#111 10/22/09 17:10

Mukade

so anyone know where i can get the free xSI?

#112 10/22/09 17:10

Leus
Website

Torrent it yo.  Or find a crack.  There's all kinds of illegal opportunities on the magnificent thing called internet.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#113 10/22/09 17:10

Mukade

better edit that post fast Leus... before a mod busts you

#114 10/22/09 17:10

Gumby

Mukade wrote:

better edit that post fast Leus... before a mod busts you

Too late. I let Iritscen borrow my banhammer though.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#115 10/22/09 17:10

Iritscen

Uh, did you try actually Googling it? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc … eID=123112 .  What's the deal with you guys?  It's free, just click on Download Now.

#116 10/22/09 17:10

Mukade

i dunno, maybe i got a full version or sumthin...

Leus shoulda learned by now...

#117 10/22/09 17:10

Gumby

For that matter, you aren't supposed to suggest cracking\torrenting\illegalling downloading anything here. Though suggesting you do it to a free software product is...I can't even put it into words. wink Normally you would get a short ban of some sort (probably) for just suggesting it, but since  it was a free software...I'm just going to let it slide. Don't do it again, you should know better.

#118 10/22/09 17:10

Iritscen

I can put it into words... "thumbs down"  cool

#119 10/22/09 18:10

Leus
Website

Oh, I thought that was just about Oni.

Alright.  Well...  Glad it worked out that way, then.  I dunno anything about XSI, I just know what the internet can do.  I'm too scared to do most of that stuff myself, but most people don't seem to be.

Anyway, sorry.  sad

Edit:  I guess I forgot that people could possibly be sensitive about that kind of stuff.  Everyone I've ever met is all about illegal internet junk; it just seems so normal.  sad

Last edited by Leus (10/22/09 18:10)

#120 10/22/09 18:10

Mukade

yeah... and im sure ppl on here do it all the time, but it IS illegal and this is a public forum, so downlod all ya want, just don't talk about it on this forum...

anyways, i checked the link you gave me and im downloading, but im pretty sure this is where i gt it lasttime and it's just a trial (i may be wrong so im doin it again)

#121 10/22/09 18:10

Gumby

Leus wrote:

Oh, I thought that was just about Oni.

Alright.  Well...  Glad it worked out that way, then.  I dunno anything about XSI, I just know what the internet can do.  I'm too scared to do most of that stuff myself, but most people don't seem to be.

Anyway, sorry.  sad

Edit:  I guess I forgot that people could possibly be sensitive about that kind of stuff.  Everyone I've ever met is all about illegal internet junk; it just seems so normal.  sad

Normal or not, it is illegal. I'm not going to get into a discussion about the ethics of it at the moment, but there is a chance that if you post illegal content on the forums, the forums will be held responsible. Plus, if some game company employee comes on the forums (it has happened before...) we want to look like a shining example of gamers who help pay their salary and make them want to help us. tongue Other than that, illegal is bad. Don't do it. </ramble>

#122 10/22/09 18:10

Mukade

Okay anyways, it works, i must've gotten sumthun very similar to it tongue
it IS softimage, but i guess a different thing although it looks the same (i think i got the trial instead of the demo hmm )

Edit: Yeah i got Softimage 7.5 but what you guys had was Softimage mod tool 7.5 tongue

Last edited by Mukade (10/22/09 18:10)

#123 10/22/09 18:10

Samer
Website

mmm I don't if we can still talk about characters tongue or not,since it is more about the dropship thing maybe we should split the topic ?... but @ Leus it's not striker slam we call it the windmill ^_^ elites and Barabus have it ... it will look good on the Hammer character, I'm thinking of giving him mutant muro's walk and some of his moves ...  and a lot of heavy slow moves ... and giving him the unstoppable tag .. But I'm still not sure about the looks ... I was thinking elite mix tanker but then thought the chief body looks very robotic and may suit him better after some re-texturing ... sounds good ?

and sad don't ban Leus D: !!! we all do mistakes sad

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#124 10/22/09 18:10

Mukade

no no, this is BGI topic anything BGI related goes here, no worries

for the invisble characters... i suggest a modified phase cloak texture, although im not sure how to do that, my guess would be changing the TXMP into a XML and changing settings from there cause all the actual tecture file is is a white square, if yo figure out (or if i do) how it works someone can change the actual graphics (make it a bit less monotonous) something smoother

Last edited by Mukade (10/22/09 19:10)

#125 10/22/09 19:10

Gumby

If you do that, all phase cloaked characters would be invisible. It is a white square because it is mostly transparent. smile

Board footer