Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 10/18/09 23:10

Iritscen

Re: It's time, guys. (BGI concepts discussion)

I should probably clarify what "dropship" means.  We're really talking about VTOLs.  Here's the most famous real-life VTOL:
faa_harrier_fa2_10.jpg .

The term VTOL can also apply to helicopters, but I think we want BGI to use something with a more sci-fi means of thrust than a rotor.  Anyway, there's a few ways to go with the design as long as you keep in mind that it has to be able to land vertically, and that it can hold several troops -- let's say eight of them seated in the bay (four on each side), plus two pilot seats.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#77 10/19/09 01:10

Stevinlewis

Okay.... Something which can land and lift vertically, carry 8 people + weaps. Am i right? Btw wads the colour to represent BGI? Or maybe I shouldnt colour it first. Leave the colouring to you guys with the haevy tech and stuff smile

#78 10/19/09 01:10

Gumby

Invisible. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#79 10/19/09 02:10

Stevinlewis

Ok here is the 2nd dropship design: http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57 … 300016.jpg

S6300016.jpg

Yay i managed to post the pic ^_^ anyways as you can see there is the thrusters at the back 4 x 2 seats and 3balls below the DS so that it can move in any direction

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/19/09 02:10)

#80 10/19/09 06:10

northero
Website

Ok It is time guys -_- What the heck is BGI I thought only got TCTF and the syndicates and erm does anyone knows any lesson on how to mod coz I wanna help in this forum on creating this 'BGI' thing and maybe put my new learned skills on oni 2

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#81 10/19/09 08:10

Stevinlewis

North trust me learning this modding thing is gonna make ur white hair come out faster!!!!!! Im only 13 and its 1 strand has already grown!!!!!!!!!! Just help with the vehicles designing. Think of maybe a dropship? I need help in dropship. Seems I dont have any ideas. Draw some thing on a raft paper (Dun use draw blocks, ur just wasting money).

Also BGI give money to syndicate to wreak havoc in tokyo (or the oni set) That is the part BGI plays. BGI is also mentioned in the first stage where at the end when griffin and konoko (Mai) talks, she told griffin that "BGI is a suspected syndicate front" it means that BGI is funding the syndicate. It takes sometime to absorb these things. Take your time and when you are free. Draw a dropship out of imagination and show it to us so that either we can improve it or give some pointers to you. smile

#82 10/19/09 08:10

Leus
Website

EdT:  That was the problem with the texture converting, thanks.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#83 10/19/09 09:10

Iritscen

Stevinlewis wrote:

Okay.... Something which can land and lift vertically, carry 8 people + weaps. Am i right?

Yep.

Btw wads the colour to represent BGI?

Well, their color really is black; it might be a tad boring if the craft is all-black, but it will be cloaked most of the time, so I suppose it won't really matter.

Ok here is the 2nd dropship design

A couple comments:
1. I can't quite tell how it would look from other angles.  You might want to draw it from the front, or top, to show the other aspects of the ship design.
2. Try to picture your design in 3D -- if the overall shape is fairy simple, or boxy, then it probably will not look very advanced and high-tech when the player sees it in-game.
3. Okay, one last comment -- did you notice that if the ship tries to land/take off with just thrusters in the back, it would tilt forward and smash the cockpit into the ground?  If using just two sources of thrust (like the Harrier jet), they need to be in the center of gravity on the craft.

#84 10/19/09 09:10

Samer
Website

northero wrote:

does anyone knows any lesson on how to mod coz I wanna help in this forum on creating this 'BGI' thing and maybe put my new learned skills on oni 2

hey just wanted to let u know modding is not that difficult at least NOW .. because all the effort those guys ( the AE team ) have put  make modding much easier .

but it does have a learning curve, & requires some patience and dedication, and creativity. and the will to learn new things and search for the answers relying on experimenting and if needed the community will help u. (but first try to figure things out on ur own big_smile trust me it's more satisfactory)

I'm kinda a newbie .. (i don't if i still count as a newbie) at first I just started by changing the moves of a character than started branching out and learning about other types of files and finally i have made 3 new characters ^_^ and working on a new bigger project currently.

So if u feel u have something to offer go for it big_smile

this place should get u started http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 003#p19003

also look for the tab that says OniGalore Wiki on the top ... if u're ever stuck search in it for answers, as they say here the wiki knows all smile I learnt a lot from it.

so good luck modding ^_^

Last edited by Samer (10/19/09 09:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#85 10/19/09 10:10

dream996

RATS
    The BGI has been experimenting with daodan implementation for a long time.  The rats are the malnourished daodan symbiote test subjects usually kept in the holding cells or found in the labs.  They usually won't fight, but can sometimes be provoked to do so.  Some are quite strong due to the chrysalis despite their treatment.

have any of you guys actually see rat in the warehouse ????
i actually did

PunBB bbcode test

#86 10/19/09 10:10

Stevinlewis

To Iritscen: yes that was exactly what i was thinking but thought maybe u guys didnt find our and maybe i add it on later. Ill draw the 3d version tomorrow (or a few more hours over there) Cuz its kinda late here.

To dream: yes i did at first i thought it was ammo shells or something then when i looked closer. IT WAS RATS! I FREAKED OUT AND I RAN OUT OF MY ROOM (Cuz i ws like 10 or 9 back then and i wad really freaked out! Yeah so thats my experience with the rats

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/19/09 10:10)

#87 10/19/09 13:10

Mukade

only you steven  lol
yeah, there are some garbage cans an stuff that u can jump on or around and rats or ants sometimes i think come out from aound it

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#88 10/19/09 14:10

Iritscen

Okay, let's stay on topic.  But just for the record, yes, the Warehouse has rats, and roaches that you can stomp.

#89 10/19/09 16:10

Mukade

i'd upload my drawing now, but the cable forthe camera to take the picture of it has disapperaed

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#90 10/19/09 21:10

Stevinlewis

lol only you Mukade smile

#91 10/19/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Only me.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#92 10/19/09 22:10

Mukade

and the scanner is also being stupid, apparantly the cord turned up... but someone else grabbed it...

#93 10/20/09 00:10

Stevinlewis

Mukade if you didnt do ur homework just say so tongue

#94 10/20/09 01:10

northero
Website

ok thanks for the website Samoko I think I'll try with tiny projects first ^^

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#95 10/20/09 07:10

Mukade

i DID do it! i didn't have any thats why i had the time to do the picture smile

#96 10/20/09 08:10

Stevinlewis

Homework as in the drawing Mukade  tongue

#97 10/20/09 14:10

Mukade

i knew that... shut up   neutral

anyways here it is:

scan0001.jpg

tell me what you think, if it's negetive thn don't  big_smile

(jk)

Description: Large, heavy armored, well armed hover transport. Can be used as both a tank and a troop carrier. With the repulsion technology, it's capable of lifting around 5 feet off the ground to avoid obstacles. Not many in production because of immense costs and the rareness of repulsor technology, it is still a favorite of the BGI. The name is on account of the shape of the vehicle resembling an eagle head

Last edited by Mukade (10/20/09 14:10)

#98 10/21/09 02:10

Stevinlewis

Hey I think its pretty good acctually who the hell down thumped him!!!!!!! Iristcen i think you should put who down thumped who (or dekarma as i call it smile ). It lets us know who thinks negatively about it smile. (same for vice versa) and I karmared you Muakde ! smile

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/21/09 02:10)

#99 10/21/09 09:10

Iritscen

Actually, I saw his post before, and he was thumbs-downed before he added the picture to it, back when it just said "I knew that... shut up".

Anyway, here's my comments for you, Mukade:
1. It looks like the nose curves down below the rest of the body... again, it's hard to tell with a drawing from only one angle.  But my question is, if the base of the craft is not flat, how does it land?
2. Where do troops unload from?  It's important to have a nice big door for that.  Cf. SWAT vans and military helicopters.
3. We didn't specify how heavily-armed the dropship should be, but as a general rule of thumb, real-life equivalents are usually not loaded with weapons.  That would make it more of an assault craft than a troop carrier.  I could see it having one weapon for self-defense, but that's about it.  Probably the turret makes the most sense for that purpose.

Also, I hope everyone is clear on the kind of aircraft we are talking about -- a VTOL craft can fly like a plane, at high altitude, with the difference that it can take off and land vertically rather than needing a runway.  But, while flying, it should be able to stay aloft using wings and rear engines -- the thrusters that point down are only used for landing and taking off.

#100 10/21/09 13:10

Mukade

well yeah, i deviated from an actual dropship, although i can make one of those too, the door is there on the side i jsut didn't really draw it in... if you see the little stick ppl on the sides it's the wall in front of the way they're facing... i sorta agree about the weapons, i jsut needed sumthin to put on the front (the rockets were definately overkill smile and the plasma cannons were an afterthought, maybe a plasma turret on top? )  and yes i was hoping you wouldnt noticed the dropping nose  big_smile --actually i think it works, the side fins also drop below the bottom, i suppose the nose and the two little fin things could act as landing gears of a sort

so yeah this is a ground troop carrier

and yes, i didn't mean to sound like that in the original post, but it came out a bit more harsh then i meant it hmm i do understand the -1 karma  smile

Last edited by Mukade (10/21/09 13:10)

Board footer