Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/17/09 02:10

Stevinlewis

Re: It's time, guys. (BGI concepts discussion)

Hey you guys seem really busy on this thing. Anything i can help with? No modding or anything just maybe... designing? I saw you guys were thinking about making or creating a drop ship. I could help with things like that.

#52 10/17/09 10:10

Iritscen

It's true, we also don't have a design for a dropship.  It was suggested by geyser that we could use this VTOL from NGE, but I don't really like the idea of ripping more content off from other properties.  But that might give you a general idea of what we're looking for in terms of design.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#53 10/17/09 11:10

Samer
Website

HYDRAS
  Contrary to the implication, a hydra only has one head.  She is a cyborg; her legs have been mechanically enhanced with hydraulic compression technology, giving her the ability to jump extremely high and deliver incredible damage with kick attacks.  She also has a partially electronic brain and sensory system, making her basically devoid of free will.

HAMMERS
The Hammer is an early model combat-ready android developed by BGI.  It is slow moving both in travel and combat, but can withstand a lot of damage and delivers powerful blows from its arms which are weighted at the ends; hence the name.  It also can quickly close the gap between itself and an opponent with its ability to compress into a fast-rolling ball.  It is, however, only able to roll in a straight line.

I'm interested in those two for starters at least wink

@ Leus how does this sound for the hydra :

Shini-bot's legs - pelvis feet - chest and shoulders

for her arms she won't use them so why not shinatama zombie's arms which are basically just wires .   all in a silver reflective texture with BGI logo

now I can edit the TRAMS and instead of punches she'll have kicks big_smile meaning u press P and she kicks u press K and she kicks a different kick
meaning a KKK will be a set of three kicks a PPK will be also a different set of 3 KICKS big_smile

think of how many kick combos she can have tongue PPKKK KKK PPK PPP she wil definetly have the whirl kick and double spin kick big_smile

mostly ninja's furies and konoko's kicks

also i can increase the knockback and damage of the kicks by editing the TRAMS

THE hammers  :  an elite - tanker mixture ( model wise and moves wise) with texture editing to make him more android like ... the arms will be those of tankers with enlarged fist painted silver and with reflection.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#54 10/17/09 11:10

Leus
Website

The visual concept for the Hydra sounds too robotic IMO.  The bot legs sounds like a good idea and maybe pelvis, but I think the torso and head need to be humanoid.  Also, the arms concept is intriguing......  I feel like she should have arms just because realistically she would just have better balance that way, but as far as the concept of P and K both being kicks, that sounds fascinating.  I would be interested to see how it turns out.

Of course I don't want to be the AUTHORITY on the idea just because I conceptualized it; since you're creating it, do what you ultimately think will be best.  I'm just throwin' out my ideas.

On the Hammer, as far as I can tell it sounds good but yeah just make sure he looks robotic enough, although actually him being a cyborg could work too...  I dunno, just make sure like no skin is showing, like don't use the tanker's arms you know?  Again, this is just how I feel, anyway.

Also definitely give him the move where you stick out your arms and spin around...  I feel like that's striker slam and I feel like I'm letting Oni down by not knowing for sure.  Lol.

But dude I'm stoked to see them in action.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#55 10/17/09 11:10

Samer
Website

they are ur babies i'm the surrogate mother tongue so i'll make them whatever way u want them to tongue

I like ur concept of the hydra cz that will still allow me to make the new outfit I had planned for shinibot as something separate.

Last edited by Samer (10/17/09 12:10)

#56 10/17/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Hey how do you make your new textures?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#57 10/17/09 12:10

Samer
Website

Photoshop :\ ? and patience xD
or do u mean the whole procedure thing tongue ?

#58 10/17/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Well I converted a .ONI texture to a .PNG then edited it in paint and tried to convert it back to a .ONI just as a test, but it wouldn't convert.

#59 10/17/09 12:10

Samer
Website

1-it should be DDS or TGA not PNG

2- Paint is horrible for this it won't conserve the initial file properties like color format and such ...

so no conversion ^_^

#60 10/17/09 12:10

EdT
Website

Don't forget, you can use the parts from the MC too.

#61 10/17/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Aw man; I don't have photoshop and I don't want to be illegally downloading huge software worth hundreds of dollars...  Hm.  I just wanted to make a character that looked slightly different and test out custom move sets with him.  But I guess I'll do it with a character that just looks the same as another one.

#62 10/17/09 13:10

Iritscen

There's free software that can serve in place of Photoshop, like Gimp.

#63 10/17/09 13:10

EdT
Website

Leus: Onisplit can convert a PNG file to .oni format.  What command did you use?

#64 10/17/09 13:10

Leus
Website

I selected the source .PNG file, left it at "bgr32" format, which it was on by default, left "Generate MipMaps" checked and "EnvMap" unchecked (default also), set the destination folder, hit convert.   It wouldn't convert.  It says... 

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException:  Could not find a part of the path '(destination)'.

Edit:  By (destination) I meant the file destination...  It didn't actually say "(destination)."

Edit 2:  I guess maybe destination is the wrong word to use.  Whatevs.  The directory/file string thing...  Lol.  But yeah.  That's what happened.

Last edited by Leus (10/17/09 13:10)

#65 10/17/09 13:10

Samer
Website

Oni split Gui doesn't support PNG conversion though right ?

#66 10/17/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Oh yeah I'm using the GUI.

#67 10/17/09 17:10

Mukade

is there any AI combat logic that includes jumping alot?? i don't see AI jumping almost at all

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#68 10/17/09 17:10

Iritscen

AFAIK they only jump to attack, or occasionally to dodge an incoming low-flying attack.  Is this an on-topic question?

#69 10/17/09 18:10

EdT
Website

Leus: Does the file name have a % in it?  If so, that's the error.  Try removing the % before converting, then add it back to the .oni file.

#70 10/18/09 08:10

Stevinlewis

For the dropship thingy can i draw it? Instead of using all those high tech crappy tools? Cuz im not good at those

#71 10/18/09 08:10

northero
Website

Ok I give up wad is BGI  -_- I'm not really good in such things =X

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#72 10/18/09 09:10

Iritscen

#73 10/18/09 12:10

Mukade

Iritscen wrote:

AFAIK they only jump to attack, or occasionally to dodge an incoming low-flying attack.  Is this an on-topic question?

yes.... people were talking about making a character with lots of kciks and jump kicks an stuff smile

@Stevenlewis, i can help draw some vehciles and such too, and maybe build lego ones, in fact i already have noe here thats pretty cool, if i get the time, ill draw a picture

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#74 10/18/09 22:10

Stevinlewis

Ok here is my dropship design. tell me what you think : http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57 … 300015.jpg

Mukade how bout u draw and show us ur idea of a BGI ground vehicle. Btw wad colour represents BGI?

Last edited by Stevinlewis (10/18/09 22:10)

#75 10/18/09 23:10

Mukade

black... hmm i dunno

for those of you too lazy to click on links (like me)

here is Stevens drawing
S6300015.jpg

im going to draw a "heavy assault" hover tank/troop transport type thing... ill post it tomorrow or the day after

Last edited by Mukade (10/18/09 23:10)

Board footer