Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/30/09 15:10

Gumby

Re: Zombie Mod

Or you can add "force" to the functions.

...like "ai2_spawn Mukade force".

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#52 10/30/09 15:10

Leus
Website

Never heard of that one.  Hmm...  I wonder what the point is; why would you not want a line to execute if called?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#53 10/30/09 16:10

Gumby

No, the thing is, ai2_spawn will fail if there is a character with the same name already spawned.

#54 10/30/09 16:10

Leus
Website

Yeah but apparently if you add "force" to it then it does it anyway, right?  So why would the engine include the inherent ability to have ai2_spawn work multiple times but have it not work by default?

Just seems weird.  I guess lots of Oni stuff is weird.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#55 10/30/09 16:10

Gumby

In all cases in the original scripts, only one of each character was wanted.

#56 10/30/09 17:10

paradox-01

@ fog particle :

For example, the dream level BSL use "particle fog_floor1 do start".
Now you know the name and can search it in level13_Final/BINACJBOParticle.oni
Copy your wanted particle block to your level1_Final/BINACJBOParticle.oni and change the position (x y z).
The following command shows you your coordinates: "chr_debug_characters = 1"
I have the feeling they will be flat on the floor so adjust the height of the particle by increasing the y value around 5 (more or less) units.

#57 10/31/09 00:10

Mukade

that actually makes sense, ill give it a try ASAP smile

----hmm, okay so i look in dream level logic and i get

particle room2 do start

i assume room2 is a grouping of these particles, but a grouping where? i havent been able to find where it states this

cause see, in the BINAParticles, i get a whole bunch of fog_floor1, then a bunch of fog_floor2a and fog_floor2b but no room1 or room2.... so like i said, i think they are rooms are groupings of these particles, but like i said, i dont know how to make one or where to find them sad

@Gumby, okay thatll be good to know smile although i may not have to use that, i have 16 different instances of zombie_muro in the BINACJBO, i will probly do only about 8 at one time or sumthin :-/ although if i do more that will be very helpful, thx for giving me this in advance big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (10/31/09 01:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#58 10/31/09 04:10

paradox-01

In case dream lab you got fooled by obsolent commands - as I see it myself now, the whole "particle_scripts.bsl" is useless.

You have to make sure that your command actully works - like "particle fog_floor1 start" or "particle fog_room2 start". (Of course you must be at the right place to see the effect.)

To cut a long story short: take this block and change the position. Use "particle fog_room2 start" in your BSL.

<Object Id="9201" Type="PART">
            <Header>
                <Flags>0</Flags>
                <Position>915.3107 182.018 -357.4749</Position>
                <Rotation>178.999954 0 180.000015</Rotation>
            </Header>
            <OSD>
                <Class>env_fog_e01</Class>
                <Tag>fog_room2</Tag>
                <Flags>13</Flags>
                <Decal>
                    <XScale>1</XScale>
                    <YScale>1</YScale>
                </Decal>
            </OSD>
        </Object>

By the way: env_fog_e01 is static fog and env_fog_e02 is pushable fog.

#59 10/31/09 12:10

Mukade

wait...... so change the tag??

cause for me it says

<Tag>fog_floor1</Tag>

but okay, ill try that and use

particle fog_floor1 start

and if that doesnt work ill change the tag and try again hmm

YAY.jpg

YAYYYY!!! Thank you so much smile
if you hadn't told me that those commands were useless i probly wouldnt have done it,

particle fog_floor1 do start worked smile

Last edited by Mukade (10/31/09 12:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#60 10/31/09 14:10

paradox-01

I'm glad you figured it out. smile

New stuff might be always a bit confusing.
You can write whatever name into the <Tag> as long as you use the same name also in the BSL command.
And "particle fog_floor1 start" should work as well as "particle fog_floor1 do start".

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/31/09 14:10)

#61 10/31/09 14:10

Mukade

yeah, and having the same tag for each one kinda makes it easier.... you're right tho, im pretty sure if you deleted the Paritcle.bsl file in dream lab irt wouldnt make a difference, i looked through the level logic more and found

particle fog_floor1 do start

just like i thought, i guess they figured it would be easier to do it by floors instead of rooms but forgot to delete it smile

#62 10/31/09 21:10

Mukade

OKAAY, its up on the first page here, rdy to download smile

#63 10/31/09 23:10

Gumby

A few problems.

1. In main() you have "fork mukade" with no function named mukade
2. In Zombie_Rounds.bsl you have two functions named round9 and round10 without the "func" token before them
3. You put your BINACHAR, BINAFlag, and BINAParticles in level0, instead of level1.
4. You are missing a you_lose function

Edit: Also, why did you make Konoko "unstoppable"?
Also, also...if you didnt want people to go to the second level, why leave the door unlocked?

I do think this mod has promise, just work out the bugs. wink

#64 11/01/09 00:11

EdT
Website

Gumby:  That was a quick debug.  I was wondering why it wasn't working for me.
In the Zombie_Rounds.bsl it was round 10 and 11 that was missing the func.

#65 11/01/09 00:11

Gumby

Right.

A bit of gameplay feedback:

1. I liked the Zombie Karens ^_^
2. Please, put less characters on screen. Or the problem might be that I wasn't killing enemies fast enough...regardless, if your mod can easily get to the point where there are 20 characters on screen, you might have a problem. wink You risk blamming computers, or at least slowing them down a lot.
3. I felt like I was using a peashooter with just having a puny TCTF pistol. Heavy weapons would be great, even if the Zombies got more health
4. Hypos are good, too. ^_^ One hypo to last 50 enemies isn't going to cut it, even with nigh infinite ammo. I felt like I was limited to spamming my pistol, which gets a bit boring after a while.
5. Please, give your characters glass_break in their ONCC. It is spamming up my console. :\
6. Does the mod even have an ending? Lol. Some sort of measurement of progress would be great.
7. Allies would be nice, too, maybe. tongue
8. Where is that sexy fog I saw in the screenshot? sad
9. The music was a nice touch

#66 11/01/09 00:11

Leus
Website

1. In main() you have "fork mukade" with no function named mukade
2. In Zombie_Rounds.bsl you have two functions named round9 and round10 without the "func" token before them
3. You put your BINACHAR, BINAFlag, and BINAParticles in level0, instead of level1.
4. You are missing a you_lose function

Nice, Gumby.  I was gonna point out the round10 and 11 thing and the mukade thing since it told me about it in the console messages and I fixed 'em, but I didn't realize the level0/level1 thing.  I'll re-install now that I've fixed it and give it a test.

#67 11/01/09 12:11

Leus
Website

I now have carpel tunnel.  smile

#68 11/01/09 12:11

Mukade

okay, clearly i have some stuff to answer

@Gumby's first post
1. that "fork mukade" function just refers to my own little global function so i don't have to shapeshift into mukade every time i restart :-/ i forgot to take it out
2. yeah i didnt actually test those rounds out lol, theyre basically copies tongue i always do that lol
3. Okay yeah, i recompiled the Package and put an actual description an stuff, but i forgot that when you package everything it sends everything into level0_final, i forgot you had to make new folders for em  wink
4. Really? i thought i had it in there..... maybe i did it wrong...
Edit-- Well the unstoppable is for balancing purposes. You are mainly supposed to use your gun, and this prevented you from being knocked down and disarmed and losing your weapon smile if you find that it isn't helpnig much, feel free to erase it tongue

@Gumby 2nd post
1. Why thank you smile
2. yeah... that happened at the end right? i looped the 3 rounds after the break, cause i wanted to have it out by yesterday night, its definatly not gonna stay that way tho smile i just needed it to continue,
3. Originally, i had you finding different weapons, first a Black Adder smg, then a plasma rifle, but they werent really all that much better, and pretty much all the other wepaons are greatly unbalanced (screaming cannon? that would make too easy, same with sbg, barabas, mercury bow is too slow, van de graf....well....) maybe for one of my updates, i may change some of the weapon damage/speeds to make it more balanced and then add different weapons
4. Thing is i knew it wasn't a very long game, at least if i hadnt looped it. I considered more hypos, but that would make it too easy, maybe when i make it longer i will smile
5. Yeah that is annyoing isnt it? i usually have dev mod turned off.. But i dunno how to do that lol...
6. Not yet.... it doesnt really have an ending, i was jsut trying to release what i had, like i said, hopefully it will later
7. Yes, i had thought of that and i will definatly put it in when i work on it more
8. That sexy fog is there, at least some if it, i didnt have the time to finish it and i figured, with all the stuff going on, you didnt need fog to make it that much slower tongue i had to take out muro's particles cause they werent playing nicely with my engine tongue - if you want to see what i've done so far type in the console: particle fog_floor1 do start
9. I was planning on putting in a different one, but while i was trying to figure out which one it was, i stumbled on that one and i just HAD to have it smile

Thank you very much for your input, i now have a better idea on how to improve it

EDIT: okay, i changed a few of the minor bugs
-now has a lose function
-took out the "fork mukade" thing
-you now get hypos periodically after the break
-the files and folders in the package are now in order
-round 10 and 11 are now stated as functions
-you now get a SMG somewhere around round6 or round 5 or sumthin, and a plasma rifle at the break (but honestly i think the tctf auto pistol works better, but for varieties sake and gumby's)

Last edited by Mukade (11/01/09 12:11)

#69 11/01/09 14:11

Gumby

You can use the AdditionalHealth option in the BINACHAR to make superzombies. smile

#70 11/01/09 14:11

Mukade

whats zat do? how is it different from just setting their health?

oh and i forgot to answer in your first post, how is the door to the second floor unlocked for you? it isnt for me.... it only opens when i give it the command to open... tongue

Last edited by Mukade (11/01/09 14:11)

#71 11/02/09 09:11

Samer
Website

Mukade for the glass breaking thing u have to add this to the ONCC

<ONCPParticle>
                <Name>glass_break</Name>
                <Type>glass_break</Type>
                <BodyPart>-1</BodyPart>
            </ONCPParticle>

in the particles section

in the future when u want to edit ONCC's use the ones found in the Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Characters\Glass
and when u want to edit TRAMS (moves) use the ones in Edition\install\packages\Globalize\oni\level0_Final\level0_Animations\Glass

both have the glass thing already smile

*the additional health thing

konoko has base health 200 right ?
if u assign her more health in bsl let's say 400 she'll be in overpower mode and health automatically decreases with time

but if u give her additional health 200 in the BINACHAR then her base health becomes 400 she won't be in overpower mode nor will it decrease automatically

u can always put additional health as a negative value so -150 her health becomes 50 then if u set at 100 in bsl she'll be in overpower mode ^_^

Last edited by Samer (11/02/09 09:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#72 11/02/09 14:11

Mukade

yes, i knoe that but in the ONCC you can set thei health level without actually triggering overpower can you not?

#73 11/02/09 15:11

Leus
Website

Yeah in the ONCC and the BINACHAR you can set their base health, but if you do it in BSL it just puts them at that health temporarily.

#74 11/02/09 15:11

Samer
Website

In the ONCC it's more general always used ... but the additional health can be used for specified levels ... In my custom dream level for example I wanted to change the health of Barabus .. if i changed the ONCC of Barabus it would affect him in any level he appears which I didn't want to do.

for example :

Muro of dream level and Muro of final fight have same health in ONCC
Muro of dream level has less additional health in the BINACHAR
Muro of final fight has also additonal overpowering health in bsl

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#75 11/02/09 15:11

Mukade

i know what your saying... i just dont understand why... wouldnt additional health ALSO affect all the different levels?

Board footer