Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/17/09 01:10

Samer
Website

Re: Zombie Mod

did u finish the texture work ^_^ ? aren't u gonna do something with the body tongue ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 10/17/09 02:10

Leus
Website

You haven't learned how to move?  WHaaat?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#28 10/17/09 10:10

Iritscen

Try using lock_keys.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#29 10/17/09 17:10

Mukade

Samoko wrote:

did u finish the texture work ^_^ ? aren't u gonna do something with the body tongue ?

yeeess, but im thinking of what it would look like still, and if i wantto get this done in time, i want to start on the actual program cause im going to have lots of trouble with that and work out the details after, bt if i get good inspirating for sumthin ill do it

Leus wrote:

You haven't learned how to move?  WHaaat?

well, you know at the beginning of training you cant even move your mosue to look? thats what im stuck at since i deleted all the other BSL files in the folder tongue

@Iritscen, so, in my coding i just put in lock_keys? or is that a dev mode cmd?

LOLZ!! even f1 key wont work to open a console >.>

*Slaps himself in the face...* i feel REALLY stupid, i forgot that i put ai2_takecontrol in my coding xD

okay, i took that out, i can move my camera and myself around but i still cant open a console with f1 or move around. It's giving me func train_movement doesnt exist. it makes sense, but i had done some scripting earlier in the training level, and it never gave me problem bfore

Last edited by Mukade (10/17/09 17:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#30 10/17/09 17:10

Iritscen

Actually, it's "lock_keys keys_all".  If keys are already locked apparently it unlocks them.  And yeah, it would have to be in your script, not entered in the console.  Although I don't get why it would be locking keys without the training room BSL files being present.

Edit: Haha, okay.  Stuff like that happens.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#31 10/17/09 17:10

Mukade

Aite, now it's giving me the stupidest problem, and i can't figure it out...

dmsg [c. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH]

but it's giving me blahblahblah Illigal Token got "[" expected ";"
i get this alot when i mess up the command somehow, but i just can't see how i did it...

Last edited by Mukade (10/17/09 19:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#32 10/17/09 19:10

Leus
Website

It should look like this.

dmsg ("[c.BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH]")

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#33 10/17/09 21:10

Mukade

Okay, by all respects, the intro is done smile
Ima go back later and make it cooler, but i want to focus more on the actual game scripting

First post edited, i put in the package of what i got so far smile
y'all know what to do -
put all the stuff in character varient into packages>Globalaize>oni>level0_final>Characters>Globalization and replace as needed
package goes into package place, then install it (after putting in varients)
BSL goes into IGMD>EnvWarehouse, delete and back up everything else in there

only 1 guy comes out, but thats just for effect, i also havent edited his health to lower so he still has 250, tell me whatcha think

Last edited by Mukade (10/17/09 23:10)

#34 10/18/09 03:10

Samer
Website

Mukade it's not working for me tried 3 times and it blammed :\
don't know what's up with that ... 

are u sure about the ONVL file ?

@muakde there is an easier way for the ONCV that i recently became aware of

in the ONCC put the variant as ONCVany ... then u don't need to change anything in the globalization folder ...

for me i give my characters new ONCV cz i plan latr to do other outfits for them (like i did for casey) hence these 2 classes casey & casey_b belong to 1 ONCV

but since u don't plan on making another muro zombie outfit tongue just use ONCVany and restore the same files that com with my kojiro package

this will also make it easier for me for later ... cz u haven't finished all possible ONCV's and I'm going to release new character packages soon ... if I don't include ur ONCV's they won't work

so try the ONCVany ... ^_^

Last edited by Samer (10/18/09 03:10)

#35 10/18/09 04:10

paradox-01

It's the bsl. "fork spawn1" vs "func round1".
Anyway, nice intro.

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/18/09 04:10)

#36 10/18/09 12:10

Mukade

ah, yes i remember renaming that, but i guess i missed the other one ^-^

aite, that'll be the last of the stuff you guys will see on this (as much as i want to show you guys xD ) but i figure since this is coming out on october 31st, and Mod Fair begins november 1st i figure... hey why not jsut submit it for the fair? im honestly out of a loss of ideas otherwise.

@samer, yeah, its already at ONCVany smile isnt it?

#37 10/20/09 20:10

Mukade

hmmm... thats strange, my ONWC's seem to have disappeared.... they're supposed to be in lvl0_final but they just arent... i remember i had trouble finding em before, but now im just lost :-/

could someone help me out? or at least tell me TCTF auto pistol damage?

and hell, while im at it, this is actually a seperate thing, but what is the TXMP file for phase cloak? or is it particles?

Last edited by Mukade (10/20/09 20:10)

#38 10/20/09 20:10

Gumby

Um, try packages\VanillaDats\level0_Final\level0_Final.

I think the TXMP is TXMPinvis. I could be wrong.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#39 10/20/09 20:10

Mukade

yes to the first, ill ill try to answer your second tip in a bit, right now im trying to troubleshoot another muro zombie blam problem after modifying him.

Okay... thats odd... he himself doesnt have a problem, jsut seeing him does.... i made it so the door doesnt open in the intro, and it goes fine, until i get really close to the door so i can sorta peek around it and it blammed, when i shapeshifted to him it gave me : Failed to get by OSrV_Varient_GetByVarient or sumthin like this... do i have to put the ONCV back in or sumthin?

@Gumby again, sharp as ever smile it was *i think* but all it is is a white little square, my guess is they just made a white thing and somehow changed the transparency, any idea on hgow to do that? im trying to make the phase cloaking a bit cooler tongue

Last edited by Mukade (10/20/09 20:10)

#40 10/20/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Okay... thats odd... he himself doesnt have a problem, jsut seeing him does.... i made it so the door doesnt open in the intro, and it goes fine, until i get really close to the door so i can sorta peek around it and it blammed

Sounds creepy, like...  An Oni ghost or somethin.  It'd be intense to like have him chase you and try to avoid seeing him lol.

#41 10/20/09 22:10

Mukade

well i know that the problem lies within the varient, but i guess Samer would know more aboutthat, so ima wait for his advice :-/

#42 10/20/09 23:10

Gumby

You gave him a varient that isn't in the Varient List, I think. Or it doesn't have an ONCV.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#43 10/21/09 13:10

Mukade

well no, it does, it worked fine before... now i just don' tget it, i didn't do anything to the ONCV

well w/e, ill just download the file from the zip that i uploaded and see if it still works, if not, then i got a problem :-/

Last edited by Mukade (10/21/09 13:10)

#44 10/29/09 19:10

Mukade

soz where in the ONWC can you find the damage that a weapon does?? or is it in the ONWC or another file?

---on another note, and i don't expect ppl to know this but on the off chance someone does, how would i put all that fog on the floor like in dream lab, that would be a great effect big_smile

LOL WEEEE im having so much fun just shooting down the first 3 waves of zombie muro's  lol
i think you guys r gonna love this

Last edited by Mukade (10/29/09 21:10)

#45 10/30/09 14:10

Mukade

Okay, run into a bit of a road block here...... my problem being that after i kill a muro_zombie for instance, i can't spawn the same one again D:
the roundabout way to fix this weould simply make about 200 different muro_zombies in the BINACJBOCharacter file, but i would have to go through them all and change object numbers and the name... i dont think Oni would like me for doing that with several different characters...so my finishing this mod will depend on this question:

How do i respawn an already dead character?
---theres one solution that i don't really think will work, i believe ive tried this on a different script before, is resetting the characters health, they pop back up, but they just stand there  yikes
if someone could figure out how to make en active again (ai2_active doesnt work)

EDIT: okay, thats interesting, apparantly, when commands are issued, he stops them right after. I hit ai2_comehere zombie_muro 0 and he took one step and stopped, so i spammed it and he kept on tkaing steps towards me...

Last edited by Mukade (10/30/09 14:10)

#46 10/30/09 14:10

Samer
Website

maybe u can set him as defeated instead of dead meaning when his health becomes 1 instead of 0 ... he teleports somewhere else re-set his health and u can use him several times

I'm not good at Bsl like others here but it's just a thought

#47 10/30/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Mukade:  Add the tag "CanSpawnMultiple" to their flag in the BINACHAR.  EXAMPLE:

<Object Id="8564" Type="CHAR">
            <Header>
                <Flags>0</Flags>
                <Position>1871.07141 675.0 -2975.91821</Position>
                <Rotation>0 -135 0</Rotation>
            </Header>
            <OSD>
                <Flags>RandomCostume NotInitiallyPresent CanSpawnMultiple</Flags>
                <Class>comguy_1</Class>
                <Name>ComGuy</Name>
etc...

Hope you see this before you go on doing all sorts of crazy elaborate stuff.   smile

Edit:  The only thing with this is, if you need to have more than one active in-game at a time AND be issuing BSL commands to them, make sure to create different BINACHARS for them because the BSL commands directed at their ai_name will only affect one of them at a time.

Last edited by Leus (10/30/09 14:10)

#48 10/30/09 14:10

Mukade

---kisses Leus multiple times on the cheek

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!

@Samoko, thank you for offering you're help too smile
ill admit it would have cut down on the dying effect tongue but it woulve worked until i found out sumthin else  big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (10/30/09 14:10)

#49 10/30/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Rofl no prob.  I was lucky to have randomly seen that tag on one of the drones in the training room BINACHAR; I'm pretty sure it's not often used, but I use the sh out of it.  smile

#50 10/30/09 14:10

Mukade

well yeah, there isnt enough enemies in the game to have the need to spawn multiple

btw, i reverted body textures back to normal muro... cept head smile it looks better

and as i said before, im not sure who saw, but if someone knows how to put little clouds of fog on the ground like in dream lab,  it would be a good added effect

Last edited by Mukade (10/30/09 15:10)

Board footer