Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/13/09 21:10

Mukade

Zombie Mod

This is sorta a branch off of Haloween Mod, but i figured this deserved it's own post.
Thank you Samoko for your patience, lesson learnt caps matter :3
But i got it to work thanks to you, now i can go on tweaking him (this was a very quick job) with sounds and better textures. Also i hope to get to the BSL soon smile
Here's what i got...
muro_zombie.jpg
Like i said, the textures need improving, i just wanted to get it loaded, ill improve it tomorrow, then i'll upload it.

For the other zombies, i will simply modify the characters and you can install and uninstall to you're content :3 i just figured this was a good a time as any to find out how to add characters.

muro_zombie-1.jpg

Last edited by Mukade (11/01/09 12:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 10/13/09 23:10

Gumby

Re: Zombie Mod

019_MrStayPuft.gif

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 10/14/09 07:10

Mukade

oookay.... >_>

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#4 10/14/09 07:10

paradox-01

caution, he will eat you  lol

i hope this turns out as ypu plan, mukade

#5 10/14/09 07:10

Samer
Website

may i suggest ... maybe keep the clothes texture the same ... or add some color in there green, purple u know slimy scary colors big_smile  and maybe some stitches to the face and red blood spots here and there ^_^ ... he looks more like a ghost than a zombie now tongue

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 10/14/09 13:10

myplea1

I was thinking Black streaks along the face, A little more red eyes and maybe some red blood beneath the mouth.

Awol

#7 10/14/09 16:10

Mukade

yup, like i said, this was just my first attempt i was focusing on makinghim compatible, my computer is bein scrwey right now, so i don't know how much ill be able to work on him, but yes, i was planning on more zombie stuff ill probly end up taking online textures for slime an stuff, i have a feeling using Paint to splatter on color would look ugly  big_smile

#8 10/14/09 17:10

Samer
Website

hehe paint tongue yeah that would look ugly & not in a good way (besides u have to save it as tga i don't think paint supports that)  .. if u have photoshop use the color brush, experiment with overlay and normal coloring, smudge, blur, burn, dodge  etc  ... or Gimp is also a good program for that ...

anyway I know u'll make it look good eventually smile gd luck

ALSO ... are u using severed textures for the face ?? or not .. if not please do ... the old ones are very hideous even for a zombie :S

Last edited by Samer (10/14/09 17:10)

#9 10/14/09 17:10

Mukade

what do you mean by "severed textures" ? How do i apply this?

#10 10/15/09 12:10

Shade

Mukade wrote:

what do you mean by "severed textures" ? How do i apply this?

Really awesome work there Mukade! Just remember who came up with the idea! big_smile And the rest of the credit goes for you and Samoko for making this happen! Really awesome work on Muro! Can't wait to see him in action big_smile

#11 10/15/09 13:10

Samer
Website

Severed textures O_O !!! they are great looking textures that replace konoko's muro's shinatama, the furies, griffin and Barabus faces with new high resolution more realistic ones  ... I thought every one had them :\

here's are screen-shots and discussion and the package
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1047   post 2

all the characters I make I use these textures as basis ... smile Check it out u won't regret it
when i made shinibot I modified severed version of shinatama and when i made casey i used muro a bit tongue

and to use Severed textures extract the muro face TXMP that u get from the package as TGA and edit this one.

look at the difference before and after applying the Severed textures package
beforeafter.png

#12 10/15/09 13:10

Samer
Website

shade what does the part u quoted have to do with what u said tongue ?

and it's all mukade I've done nothing smile

#13 10/15/09 13:10

Shade

Samoko wrote:

shade what does the part u quoted have to do with what u said tongue ?

and it's all mukade I've done nothing smile

Oh. I thought you helped him with it. Nvm tongue.

#14 10/15/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Damn, I don't have Severed Textures either...

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#15 10/15/09 19:10

Mukade

*slaps Shade
but yeah thx smile and Samoko DID help me out a great deal by telling me what to do, but i did the grunt work smile
@ Samoko, lol, i overthought it, i thought that was some sort of advanced texture setting or sumthin big_smile

Last edited by Mukade (10/15/09 19:10)

#16 10/15/09 22:10

Shade

Mukade wrote:

*slaps Shade
but yeah thx smile and Samoko DID help me out a great deal by telling me what to do, but i did the grunt work smile
@ Samoko, lol, i overthought it, i thought that was some sort of advanced texture setting or sumthin big_smile

lol why'd you had to slap me? sad XD

#17 10/15/09 22:10

Mukade

giving Samer all the credit  sad  lol

anyways, i finished with the face severed textures, my computer is giving me hell afteri put in a new graphics card so Oni is running at -5 fps tongue so until i get it succesfully installed i cant upolad a screenie.

#18 10/16/09 01:10

Shade

Mukade wrote:

giving Samer all the credit  sad  lol

anyways, i finished with the face severed textures, my computer is giving me hell afteri put in a new graphics card so Oni is running at -5 fps tongue so until i get it succesfully installed i cant upolad a screenie.

I wasn't giving him all the credit lol, I was giving you all the credit for retexturing the textures on Muro tongue And I was giving Samoko credit for helping you out big_smile

#19 10/16/09 11:10

kreshnikk

wow

tanker

#20 10/16/09 17:10

Mukade

wow??

anyways, at school today i tried to play with the fog settings, but it screws up horribly, theres
blue, green and red fog settings, changing those doesnt have any apparant effect, but theres one more fog setting that if i change it at all, it turns on a black fog that you cant see anything, but as Mukade, i become white instead of black tongue

anyone every succesfully played with fog settings?

#21 10/16/09 17:10

Samer
Website

yeah hmm  using dev mode ... but it just changed the color of the fog what else do u expect it to change ?

#22 10/16/09 17:10

Mukade

lolz, anyways, i edited the first post, i now also have the muro with severed textures head, and actually put more work into it :3

#23 10/16/09 17:10

Samer
Website

he scared me yikes !

too much blood if u ask me tongue but then again he is a zombie xD much better than first ... keep going smile

#24 10/16/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Whoa.  Looks cool from here.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#25 10/17/09 00:10

Mukade

Why thank you all smile

I've started considering some BSL now,

YAY!!! FLAG TROUBLES!!!

Importing the flag file, you just gotta let the packaging do the work??
it goes Package>oni>level0_final>level0_final>BINAJFlag.oni

but i get in and it says, no such flags, ill take a peek at your own flag problems

heres an example of one of my flags

<Object Id="10003" Type="FLAG">
            <Header>
                <Flags>0</Flags>
                <Position>-558 0 -654</Position>
                <Rotation>0 90 0</Rotation>
            </Header>
            <OSD>
                <Color>0 255 0</Color>
                <Prefix>19800</Prefix>
                <FlagId>1003</FlagId>
                <Notes></Notes>
            </OSD>
        </Object>

Nope. According to Leus's flag problems i should be doin everything right >.> i have flag ID'd changed the object ID's created a package and imassuming the path is correct?

Oh boy im tired tnite, i checked the wiki, and i realized that it has to be level1_final but it was still level0_final>level1_final, took me awhile to realize this xD so now level0_final and level1_final are two seperate directories and see how that works

*GROANS!!!

Im on a mad editing spree, it still doesnt work.... RAWR!!
ummmmmm...

hope no one minds my 100th edit on this post in 10 minutes smile im extremely tired but its the weekend and im behaving quite weirdly....

soz i re-looked at the wiki and it's now telling me level1_final>level1_final>BINACJBOFlag.oni
if this doesnt work, i turning in

YAY! it works! thanks all for ALLLL the tips big_smile, ill start messin around with a little intro cutscene of me running in a getting trapped in a room tongue

Last edit of the night, im gonna crash, im doin it in the warehouse, but i have my little BSL file an it tells me that basicall i havent learned how to move... how do i avoid this, is there one function to learn all moves?

Last edited by Mukade (10/17/09 01:10)

Board footer