Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 07/06/07 16:07

paradox-01

Re: I made scripted mod...

I tried to integrate your code into my but it missed. Hmpf.. Now I will work with your last file only.

#77 07/06/07 19:07

geyser
Website

The link to Jesus is in post #8 and it takes you here: http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … #post_2238
The script is called Jesus because Jesus Saves smile : it's a demonstration of good savepoint management.
It also has a few anim overrides including throws and "thrown" animations (overrides backbreaker).

In order to override a throw, you need to do two things:
1) watch the thrower for the throwing anim and override it.
2) watch all the enemies for the thrown anim and override it.

The tricky point is that if there only one or two SWATs out of 3 who can do the modified throw, you won't know if the victim is being thrown by an "enhanced" SWAT or by a normal one. So you won't know whether to override the thrown anim.
That means that if you give a modified throw to the SWAT, then all three SWAT should be able to do it.

As for the crazy scientist; this won't work, obviously:

chr_wait_animation B_N2 TCTCOMthrow_fw_p

Why would a scientist do that animation?

I assume the many typos in your code samples are due to typing them from scratch instead of copying actual code. That's usually a bad idea smile

As for your near-final script, I may have a look at it soon, but if you haven't changed anything, then you probably still have a few (unnoticed) bugs with save points wink

Last edited by geyser (07/06/07 19:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#78 07/07/07 05:07

Tantir

As for the crazy scientist; this won't work, obviously:

chr_wait_animation B_N2 TCTCOMthrow_fw_p

Why would a scientist do that animation?

it work, obviously:
che che, when you play script you see why sincetist is crazy. wink
B_N2 is not spawn in my script so he can`t do "TCTCOMthrow_fw_p" but (i don`t know how") ONI think "B_N2 doing animete" and order B_N1 do REDCOMthrow_fw_p
Effect is sincetist all time doing REDCOMthrow_fw_p  and he block 90%  fists. He "dancing" ;P.
Bugs with savepoints  - agrr, i can`t do anything with this because i don`t understand wink.

Paradox: When you trying integration (if you want add crazy sincetist to th script) set him healt 50)
Tctf trops can atacking him shoting to them plasma rifle and almost always hit other tctf wink.

And some times berserk mode isn`t off. (mayby it`s my foult)

Last edited by Tantir (07/07/07 07:07)

#79 07/07/07 10:07

geyser
Website

B_N2 is not spawn in my script so he can`t do "TCTCOMthrow_fw_p" but (i don`t know how") ONI think "B_N2 doing animete" and order B_N1 do REDCOMthrow_fw_p

A non-spawned char... Well, then, why chr_wait_animation B_N2 TCTCOMthrow_fw_p?
You could as well use chr_wait_animation SantaClaus SANTAho_ho_ho or dmsg "" roll
Your crazy scientist ( sic! ) will work the same if you remove that statement completely.

Bugs with savepoints  - agrr, i can`t do anything with this because i don`t understand

Maybe tonight I'll do a little demo script that you can use.

Last edited by geyser (07/07/07 10:07)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#80 07/07/07 11:07

paradox-01

Okay geyser, here's my last (more or less cleaned up) version.
Hm.. good luck fixing the "sic" thing geyser smile

Edit: why did I type "by" in last sentence? .. I don't know. tongue
But you seem happy .. big smile .. you will (maybe) test it .. What happen to "aus Prinzip" wink ?

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/07/07 15:07)

#81 07/07/07 11:07

geyser
Website

Hm.. good luck by fixing the "sic" thing geyser

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm smile
You're not calling them "sincetists", paradox, but sometimes I have trouble reading you as well wink
Will have a look at that script, maybe even try it ingame.... big_smile

#82 07/08/07 03:07

Tantir

OK.
To repair "tctf_berserker.bsl" you must do (if you want):
1. after

SpawnNameFlagUltraHealthReset GrifOps02 23 1 129

add

fork tctf2berserker

1a. 1. after

SpawnNameFlagUltraHealthReset GrifOps03 23 1 129

add

fork tctf3berserker

func pre(void) {

# fork om_core_3
    fork super_kick
    fork super_punch
    fork forking_tctf # in forking_tctf is all forks abaut GrifOpss combos
    #fork berserker
    fork butterfly_berserker
    chr_weapon_auto_aim = 0
    # last lines are used in tests sometimes
    # ai2_shownames = 1
     # ai2_showhealth = 1
    #fork test_heli
}

3. Dopwnload Attachment
And abaut heli:
You want animete it after first wave?

And I have question (simple)
Is there any way to write this funcion:
"chr_wait_animtype 0 Punch" + Punch2 ...
I try, without effects.
here is write  http://www6.fh-eberswalde.de/user/dkrie … mmands.htm"you can type maximal 16 anim types after the command"
so i think "it is possible....

Last edited by Tantir (07/08/07 05:07)

#83 07/08/07 05:07

paradox-01

Condition "chr_wait_animtype 0 [...]" is fulfilled by first punch or system cannot differ ..
Did you wrote a great P? Perhaps .. you should try it with "chr_wait_animtype 0 punch punch".

An other way should be "chr_wait_animation 0 KONCOMcomb_p KONCOMcomb_p_p" (attack overview here again)

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

It seems that he does sometimes attacks out of the blue and move away.  O_o / ^_^  Don't know exactly.

TCTF_not_on_field.jpg

test_heli_talk.jpg

And abaut heli:
You want animete it after first wave?

Not after the first wave but when Konoko lose the first time.

Problems so far:
- I cannot choose the chars. Only IDs (and those work in order of spawning AFAK because I test it -_-).
- Haven't found commands making the cam move free. (So I spawn Konoko invisible and temporary on heli for showing how it will look like a bit..)
- And the "chr_kill_all_ai" have no effect. When "func test_heli" come to end wave0 start but enemies of last wave still exist.

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/08/07 06:07)

#84 07/08/07 11:07

Tantir

"- I cannot choose the chars. Only IDs (and those work in order of spawning AFAK because I test it -_-)."
With characters do you want??? If I right you can use only: Konoko, grifin, swat, elite, stricker, ninja, womenninja, muro.
If i understood you, you don`t know witch ID`s is to charcter. It`s simple.
Konoko always spawned first so her ID is 0.
When you spawn shoter_dummy after konoko he got "1" ID.

aai2_spawn stricker - in this function he have 1 ID
i2_spawn thug - 2 ID.
ai2_spawn ninja 3 ID.
If I bad understood you....

Abaut camera: o_O

And  I have offftop question.
Why it isn`t working?

NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount lobby_striker_01 lobby_victim06 w1_tap shield 50

func NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount (string n, string m, string a, string w, string p, int a){
    if(m) ai2_setmovementmode (n, m)
    if(a) ai2_attack(n, a)
    if(w) chr_giveweapon(n, w)
    if(p) chr_givepowerup(n, p, a)
    }

#85 07/08/07 13:07

paradox-01

For "heli talk" I would like a BlackOps (Tamatsu), a Fury (Lynn), and a Thug (Dakosta).
If you think you can do: do it. smile
If it's not working my next idea would be: deleting all AIs by "chr_kill_all_ai" or separate by "chr_delete", so we can simple spawn 3 new chars (Tamatsu, Lynn, Dakosta - ID 1; 2; 3).
(Or changing the char model, "shapeshifter"-like.)

Camera... "Maybe using "chr_focus" (also with ID) and orbit mode and a few switches.

----------------------

Variable "a" is listed two times, cause maybe trouble.
Main problem: don't use level 8 (TCTF HQ) characters for level 19 (compound). They will not get loaded.
It is on your favourite site written. smile

You may try this:

NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount Muro run char_0 w1_tap shield 50
# Muro will get a pistol, shield of 50 "units" and he will run towards Konoko.

func NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount (string n, string m, string a1, string w, string p, int a2){
    if(a1) ai2_attack(n, a1)
    if(p) chr_givepowerup(n, p, a2)
    }

But I don't think that "ai2_setmovementmode" is necessary because you already use "ai2_attack" ..
.. unless you want a ninja creeping towards you or something.

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/08/07 13:07)

#86 07/08/07 13:07

geyser
Website

Tantir, may I ask you to spend some time proofreading your posts before you submit them? THERE ARE TOO MANY TYPOS.
More generally, folks, express yourselves. That goes for you too, paradox... say too much rather than too little.
Make an effort to formulate what's on your mind clearly, so that it's clear not only to you, but to the one who reads you.
(of course every one of your problems makes sense to you, but for someone who isn't you it's not that easy...)

For example, I understand that Tantir can't understand this: "Problems so far: - I cannot choose the chars."
I don't get it either. "I cannot choose the chars". Perfect spelling, perfect grammar, but... no information sad

If i understood you, you don`t know witch ID`s is to charcter.

No, Tantir, paradox knows what IDs the character have and he said it:

and those work in order of spawning AFAK because I test it

(which means "and the character IDs are attributed in the order in which the characters are spawned As Far As I Know, and I know that because I've tested it")

And  I have offftop question.
Why it isn`t working?

NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount lobby_striker_01 lobby_victim06 w1_tap shield 50

func NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount (string n, string m, string a, string w, string p, int a){
    if(a) ai2_attack(n, a)
    if(p) chr_givepowerup(n, p, a)
}

1) it's "weapon" not "waepon" (etc, etc, etc) smile
2) you've missed the 2nd argument (movement mode) when calling the function, so you'd be asking Oni to do this:

ai2_setmovementmode lobby_striker_01 lobby_victim06
ai2_attack lobby_striker_01 w1_tap
chr_giveweapon lobby_striker_01 shield
chr_givepowerup lobby_striker_01 50 0

3) As paradox says, you have two arguments called "a", which is illegal.

EDIT: @ paradox : you should use ai2_kill rather than chr_kill_all_ai, but I recommend chr_delete anyway.

EDIT2: @ everybody, especially paradox : the character ID (the one that depends on the spawning order) has nothing to do with the "script_ID" taken by ai2 functions.
The only functions that work with character IDs are chr_health, chr_weapon, give_powerup, chr_focus, sc_focus, chr_location and chr_locationsettocamera (I may be forgetting some).
In order to create a custom camera, chr_location/chr_focus/cm_orbit is indeed a good solution, but as a result your script won't be playable on the Mac.

Last edited by geyser (07/08/07 13:07)

#87 07/08/07 14:07

Tantir

k.o.
Now I don`t understand anything above.
I repair test heli. But it is one question: It should be before game, when konoko die, when we win?? wink
To make it before game this should be:

if (save_point eq 0)
    {
    #fork wave0
    }
And  atachment.
Ps. Why we must kill or delete their??? If we teleported them away everything will be allright.

geyser you right. I must do best my posts.
I was  thinking abaut my misteake more then 2 hours and didn`t see double "a" x_X

And this:

func NameMoveAttackWeaponPowerupAmount(string n, string m, string a1, string w, string p, int a2){
    if(m) ai2_setmovementmode(n, m)
    if(a1) ai2_attack(n, a1)
    if(p) chr_givepowerup(n, p, a2)
    }
NameMoveAttackWeaponPowerupAmount lobby_striker_01 run lobby_victim06 w1_tap shield 50

I fixed bugs (double a, missed second arrgument). And game tell me " Func "null" ... sematic error"
I don`t idea what`s wrong.

Last edited by Tantir (07/08/07 15:07)

#88 07/08/07 15:07

paradox-01

paradox... say too much rather than too little.

There’re always so much ideas and so less time...
Ok, I will try harder. -- How about getting a new rank, geyser? From member to back-seat moderator wink wink

-------

I going to test your (attachment's) teleport flags (111; 77) now, Tantir.
Edit: What the.. Why teleporting the characters into the complex?

------

Again: Don't use lobby guys in compound level smile

PS: About the "a": this I meant:

func NameMoveAttackWaeponPowerupAmount (string n, string m, string a, string w, string p, int a)

But if geyser don't commit on it, it might be ok. smile

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/08/07 16:07)

#89 07/08/07 15:07

geyser
Website

@ paradox: I already am a backseat moderator smile  And what I ask you is not to throw more ideas at me/us, but to detail every idea/sentence more.
Your problems make perfect sense to you, but if you express them in literal German-to-English and in very short sentences... what do you expect?

Last edited by geyser (07/08/07 16:07)

#90 07/08/07 16:07

paradox-01

"what do you expect?" Whatever I expected, that is past - I also said in my last post "Ok, I will try harder. " -- Sometimes we read to fast, aren't we?
[ This was typed with a grin on my face. I just want you knowing this geyser: It was no criticisms and this also. smile ]

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/08/07 16:07)

#91 07/08/07 17:07

geyser
Website

smile as long as there's a smiley in everybody's post, we're on the safe side

I read and understood everything you said. I just wanted to make my point perfectly clear (i.e. I said too much rather than too little smile )
Summarizing it again (spamming, me? smile ): approximations accumulate; approximate expression has a bad effect on communication.

But if geyser don't commit on it, it might be ok.

We all need to edit our posts less and to scan the others' posts for edits wink  Not-too-BTW, "commit"?

@ Tantir:
Sorry for not seeing it earlier but: you cannot test a string variable with "if".
The message you should be getting is that "if needs an integer or boolean".

Last edited by geyser (07/08/07 17:07)

#92 07/09/07 03:07

Tantir

Ok i have another offtop question.
func ammo {
if(chr_has_empty_weapon(char_0))
give_ammo
}
func give_ammo {
chr_givepowerup 0 ammo 1
}
what with this is wrong? Game don`t see any bugs. But I see. When konoko has empty weapon she hasn`t get ammo.
And abaut holdkey. It is working??
I wrote:
chr_holdkey lobby_fodder01  mousebutton1 2222 or
chr_holdkey 0 jump 2222
and it isn`t working, is there any other way to force character start fire??

;/
@paradox:1. why not teleport them away into campound?? Next wave 3 when " ai2_spawn GrifOps03 chr_teleport GrifOps03 23" he will be in right pleace, ready to fight.
2. Who says: I work on campound level? wink I think in this script is enought features. wink))
3. When you will be finishing script, add chr_unstoppable in tctf berserkers.
4. -II- add chr_freeze TCTF when player waiting for next wave. It should not be a  TCTF attacks out of the blue and move away.

Last edited by Tantir (07/09/07 08:07)

#93 07/09/07 09:07

geyser
Website

chr_holdkey is one of the commands I never got to work. Maybe forget it smile
The only way to make a character fire is with playback or chr_playback.
However, there has to be a FILM in the level that includes a "fire" event.
In level19 there are 2 such FILMs, called "MutantMuroEnd01" and "MutantMuroEnd02"
Try playback 0 MutantMuroEnd01 or playback 0 MutantMuroEnd02 while holding a gun.
You will be teleported to Mutant Muro's location in the final arena. You can avoid it with "fromhere".
Try playback 0 MutantMuroEnd01 fromhere and playback 0 MutantMuroEnd02 fromhere
As you can see, your facing is still modified to match Mutant Muro's. There is no way to fix that.

what with this is wrong? Game don`t see any bugs. But I see. When konoko has empty weapon she hasn`t get ammo.

I don't have enough information to help you. Or wait, maybe I do...
chr_has_empty_weapon is not a chr_wait_... thing. So what does your ammo function do? (BTW, not a good idea to give such a name to a function... confusing)
At the moment when you call ammo, Konoko doesn't have an empty weapon, so chr_has_empty_weapon(char_0) returns "false" and give_ammo is not called.
If you want to keep testing, you have to fork ammo "forever", so that give_ammo has a chance to be called every few frames (with a new test every time).

Last edited by geyser (07/09/07 09:07)

#94 07/09/07 11:07

Tantir

Thenks geyser.
I`m sorry.
I have another stupid question.
1.is there any way to respawn character if he die?
example.
I spawn lobbyvictim and i killed. I want spawn them again and ... wink
2. can I do it with char_0??? Example.
I fight with strickers. I die.  I have control on "tctf agents standing near"(chr_focus) , and I kill strickers. And want play konoko (chr_focus to respawned char_0.
I work on level 8 - TCTF HQ. smile
Like I says: this mode have enought improvments.

#95 07/09/07 12:07

Your_Mom
Website

force spawn the character again.
I did it a LOT when i used to make my levels, there just weren't enough characters to go around... (ai2_spawn lobbyvictim force) Works for the player character too...there was a demonstration somewhere, if memory served me right.

droid803sig.jpg

#96 07/09/07 18:07

geyser
Website

@ Tantir: random "typos"... Thanks; Striker; Mod; Enough; Improvement.
I won't complain about grammar, but I don't like stuff like "and ... wink"...
Is the ";)" supposed to make me understand what you intend to do?
Or do you mean to say you're not finishing the sentence because it's a secret? smile

Like I says: this mode have enought improvments.

I assume you mean the compound one... It's "messy enough already", I would say smile

Mommy wrote:

force spawn the character again.

If you want the character to "live again", I recommend that you use chr_unkillable instead.
For the player character, ai2_spawn force-spawns a new char without the force tag.
It transfers the controls to the new one, but the camera stays focused on the old one.
So you'd have to use chr_focus (which won't work on the Mac).

there was a demonstration somewhere, if memory served me right.

Basic scripting demos and tuts are gathered here:
http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php?threadid=5
A coverage of "ai2_spawn ... force" is here:
http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … 202&p=3474
http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … t=5&p=2436
http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … &t=5&p=834
(forum search engines are your friends)

Last edited by geyser (07/09/07 20:07)

#97 07/09/07 19:07

geyser
Website

I'm looking at paradox's scripts and trying to make sense of your previous posts. Like this:

BTW: "Woahaaaaa..." You solved the "COMCOMlev13_death"-problem. What all one "chr_animate_block" is able to do, crazy...  big_smile big_smile big_smile

That's wrong. The chr_animate_block doesn't fix anything.
It's the ONCC (character class), or rather its ONCP (character particles).

If you tried your "fixed" TCTF berserker with other chars in the level, you'd see this:
NOT FOUND appears for Konoko, Muro, Comguys and the "casual" Griffin (no armor).
That's because only those characters have a "death" particle listed in their ONCP.
Konoko, Muro and Griffin are all supposed to die "that way" in the dream level.
As for Comguys, they have almost the same ONCP as Griffin. Kojiro, maybe? wink
Well, after all, the anim is initially a COMCOM one, so the Comguy makes sense.

(Kojiro is a comguy ninja, Mukade's apprentice; maybe Mai should dream of him)

More, later. Reading through your stuff, slowly but surely.

Last edited by geyser (07/09/07 20:07)

#98 07/10/07 08:07

paradox-01

"chr_animate_block"-solution was my next best suggestion because I didn't test it on other characters. I was happy that it work(ed .. at least for Black___ then).
An interesting point isn't that the picture appeared but Muro did some violet particle burst/novas which do not appear for BlackOps. On other hand: Nobody will more concentrate on that, I think we can close this case now.
"Kojiro is a comguy ninja, Mukade's apprentice" - that's what especially interest me now. I looked the name up in dream_lab scripts, dat und raw-files but don't found it. Where did you found it?
Edit: Ok, found it - a creation of either you or Loser. (Args, why did he name himself that way..)
Why should Konoko dream of Kojiro?

Old mistake: "But if geyser don't commit on it, it might be ok." Yes, it's a typo. Should mean: comment.  roll^^

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/10/07 09:07)

#99 07/10/07 12:07

geyser
Website

On other hand: Nobody will more concentrate on that, I think we can close this case now.

Well, investigating what you meant made me/us understand that "death" particle better, so it's all good. I actually find out stuff I didn't know by looking at you. And even if this case is closed, there are many others wink
The purple glow is one of the particles emitted by the death_e01 emitter. It turns out that all the textures needed by that glow are global, so any ONCC with a death/death_e01 entry in its ONCP will have that glow.
Another particle emitted by that death_e01 emitter are the skulls. The particle data is global, but the "skull" texture can only be found in the DreamLab. In other levelsn, the particle has to use the NOT FOUND texture.

Konoko would dream of Kojiro because she'd have encountered him in a few previous Chapters (Warehouse, TCTF HQ, ACC (interior), RSB, Rooftops)
He'd haunt her after the supposed death of Mukade (Kojiro himself may not have died in Rooftops: he could guard the main STURMANDERUNG console) smile

Last edited by geyser (07/10/07 12:07)

#100 07/10/07 12:07

Tantir

I made camera in cutscene. It working.:D (i think)

That's wrong. The chr_animate_block doesn't fix anything.

eh, I think " I do something good" but no. big_smile
Abaut focus - in animation is second function which don`t work in mac "chr_location"

Board footer