Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/11/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Survival (Alpha)

So I guess I probably won't be submitting this to the fair since I'm not really creating it privately...  I want to know what you guys think of this, see if you find any features or bugs to be frustrating or seriously dampening to gameplay.

The BSL should be the ONLY one in the compound folder.  Also, don't install the Survival package at the same time as Samoko's Final Battle package.  smile

Anyway, it's only 11 rounds + round 30 so far, but I'm planning to have obviously a lot more.  I just don't want to invest too much into this script structure if it's fundamentally flawed.

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/m … download=1 <--Download from post below.

Last edited by Leus (10/12/09 17:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/11/09 14:10

Samer
Website

Re: Survival (Alpha)

where is it smile ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 10/11/09 14:10

Unit 2

Seems like you forgot the link XD

#4 10/11/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Whaaaaat.  Son of a bitch I tried the whole attaching it to the post thing for the first time, and I even totally was going to double check that it worked right before I went to work but then I was being rushed....  sad

Sigh.  Whatev.

Here it is...  Hopefully...

Edit:  Updated version in later post.

Last edited by Leus (10/12/09 08:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#5 10/11/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Man.  I totally shouldn't have effed that ess up earlier.  Now I'm checkin' back a bunch.

#6 10/12/09 00:10

Leus
Website

Man, I think this is gonna be a badass mod when it's all said and done.

#7 10/12/09 01:10

Stevinlewis

wow LEus youve become more vurgal these days what heppened? tongue

#8 10/12/09 01:10

Leus
Website

Actually, I've become LESS vurgal believe it or not.  Assuming that's supposed to be vulgar.

...I mean...  Bottomuming...

/tired-ass-nonsensical-joke

ANYWAY, I totally improved the mod.  Check out the updated version in this post and ignore the OUTdated version in THAT post.  Yo.

Edit:  And, yeah, tell me what I should improve about how it runs before I get too far into scripting it.  Right now I'm just busying myself planning out the order of dudes and adding dudes to the BINADUDE...  But sooner or later I'm gonna have to start scripting it all.

Last edited by Leus (10/12/09 01:10)

#9 10/12/09 02:10

Samer
Website

I just finished trying the first one, and u posted a new one while i was playing  tongue Leus u can edit the previous post and remove the old zip and put the new one ... ppl tend to download the first file big_smile

I'll try the second tongue don't post a third till I'm done  lol

P.S : so glad u included Kojiro tongue what melee id u gave him ? hard ninja works best for him ...

loved the helicopter idea but totally missed it the first time I played maybe u can make the player face the helicopter ?

and also maybe allow a limited times of death ... like 3 or 10 tongue I died a lot XD

#10 10/12/09 03:10

Samer
Website

ok Just tried the second and u already fixed the copter issue looks great now big_smile !!!!

really enjoyed it Leus smile can hardly wait for round 100 tongue !!  I hope u include all the custom characters too ^_^ !! white-black chiefs- motoko - shn bot- casey in different combos like 3 shn_bots O_o that would be scary,  and maybe some bgi's tongue

good job so far ^_^ well balanced and not too chaotic ... keep it up smile

m going to play it as casey now big_smile

#11 10/12/09 08:10

Leus
Website

Awesome, glad you like it.  smile  I only have 70 rounds planned at the moment, but that's assuming some "story consistency" if you can call it that.  If I really wanted to get more ridiculous I could have it go past that with tons more ridiculous battles.  Thing is, I don't really know what the chiefs and BGI are like so I feel like I wouldn't be able to assess where I should put them.  But maybe I'll figure it out.  smile

Also I'll add save points so you won't have to re-load at the beginning every time you want to play.  smile

#12 10/12/09 10:10

Mukade

i thought we hadn't figured out how to do that yet :-/

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#13 10/12/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Well I can do it but it doesn't save the state I was at when I hit the save; when I load one of my save points, it just sets me to full health no inventory, but otherwise works fine.

#14 10/13/09 00:10

Leus
Website

Man.  I just accepted defeat on trying to get Barabas to fly away with his jetpack after being defeated.  The animation of him flying just isn't long enough, and when I try to make him just jump a bunch and let the Barabas Jetpack mod do all the work...  Well, I just can't get that to work for some reason.  Maybe I'm using the wrong animations, but I tried a few.

Anyway, I've got over half the intended number of rounds scripted now.  I tired out the red syndicate baddies so now I'm gonna move into the BGI and hope that works out.  smile  Hope some of you mofos will actually play this thing once it's all said and done.  big_smile

#15 10/13/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Nnnnoooooooo!  I dunno what happened!  I've been working with this custom flag (flag 988) and it's been working FINE, I didn't change anything in the flag file and suddenly it's saying "flag 988" doesn't exist all over the place.  Furthermore, it won't spawn any of my characters....  I've been working SO hard on this!  sad

#16 10/13/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Okay....  So I deleted all the BGI characters from my BINACJBOCharacter file and it works again now.

That sucks though too 'cause now I've got like 30 rounds to script and no new enemies...  Hrm...  Maybe I'll just make it end up being less rounds.

#17 10/13/09 13:10

Mukade

that sux hmm

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#18 10/13/09 15:10

Gumby

Maybe you put too many characters in? That could lead to some sort of memory corruption...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#19 10/13/09 16:10

Samer
Website

do u have the bgi installed smile ? ... u can always include motoko casey and shini ^_^ ! I just updated casey btw big_smile

u can always come up with new combinations ... mutant muro and mini strikers ... barabus and mukade ... mini Barabus and Huge Barabus big_smile

3 mukades...

Shini-Bot and mad bomber

kojiro and muro

etc ... if u run out of ideas maybe I can help if it just involves editing the BIN .. thingy

Last edited by Samer (10/13/09 17:10)

#20 10/13/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Oh yeah I have over 100 characters, maybe that's the problem.

Edit:  I could delete unused flags, maybe that would help.

Edit edit:  Yeah, Samoko, I'mma have to get even more creative.  Trust me, I've got what I feel are some fairly creative boss rounds, but I gotta figure out some more creative stuff for regular rounds.

Last edited by Leus (10/13/09 19:10)

#21 10/13/09 19:10

Gumby

Yeah, having that many might be a problem. You can always reuse some old ones. tongue

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#22 10/13/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Yeah believe me I've made as few as possible.  All of them are CanSpawnMultiple and I do that as often as possible while still setting up the game how I want it to play out.  smile

#23 10/13/09 21:10

EdT
Website

Leus, I don't think the number of Characters in your BINACHAR file is the issue.  Your file has 4123 lines, the BINACHAR for the TCTF level has over 9800 lines.

Sometimes, its the one typo that can cause the game to crash.

#24 10/13/09 21:10

Mukade

is like going through a string of christmas lights to find the burnt bulb  yikes

#25 10/13/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Lol I have added a significant amount of stuff since I posted this.  My BINACHAR file is now....  Oh, only 7673 lines and counting.  Not bad, I guess.  smile

Edit:  P.S. BGI characters AND the Grey Fury are all working now.

I dunno what the hell my problem is, lol.

Last edited by Leus (10/13/09 21:10)

Board footer