Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/10/09 23:10

EdT
Website

Re: Halloween mod anyone?

mukade: before converting the tga to .oni file, remove the % character from the file name. For example TXMPIteration%2FMO_rev_sho change it to TXMPIteration2FMO_rev_sho

then after it has been converted, add the % back to the name:
TXMPIteration%2FMO_rev_sho.oni

#52 10/11/09 01:10

Samer
Website

I should have told u about that  '^_^ ! sorry ... yeah i usually copy them and rename them then convert . but are u trying to replace Muro's textures .. meaning anywhere muro appears he will have the zombie textures (like severed textures replace the old ones)
or are u trying to make a new muro who has zombie textures and u put him in as a new character later maybe replacing muro ... if that's the case ... u don't have to name the textures the same as they were ... u can call it murozombie_foot for example rather than TXMPIteration%2FMO_rev_sho  (TXMP will be automatically added once u convert it to oni)

Last edited by Samer (10/11/09 02:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#53 10/11/09 02:10

Samer
Website

To make a new character : u need these things

TRBS : the model the 3D shape ... u'll be using Muro's so no worry there

TRMA : the file that has links to the textures TXMPs ... this one u'll edit in xml and link to the new TXMPs u make

TRAC : the moves set that links to the TRAMs u'll be also using Muro's I suppose

Now the ONCC will gather all these infos and more ... example the jump height, links to the sounds, the daodan ability and links  to the TRBS, TRAC and TRMA ... u'll need to change these once u make new ones and name the ONCC a new name like zombiemuro.

to give him a new character variant ... that is to prevent normal muro from spawning instead of him and vice versa ... u need to make an ONCV ... I'll make this for u once u're done with everything else ... so it's compatible with the other custom characters ... ( u'll need to add a link to the ONVL variant list but if u don't add links to all the other custom characters and provide their ONCVs they'll stop working ...  so leave that to me ^_^ )

btw how about just using mutant muro tongue with smaller size (edit the ONCC) and muro's trac he looks like a zombie already maybe color his face green or something tongue

also a tip use batch conversion once u're done with making the tga to convert them back to TXMP.  and if u want to edit all faces  ... convert TXMP*_face to tga

It takes more time than u expected I know tongue

Last edited by Samer (10/11/09 02:10)

#54 10/11/09 11:10

Mukade

naw, editing the textures was a breeze smile
i've edited a few of the files but i wasn't sure of all the stuff you needed to recompile.
I will probly edit Mutant Muro also, im planning on having 6 or 7 different characters, each with different health, muro is just my first test smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#55 10/11/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Are you gonna have all the zombies be stuck in walk-mode?  That'd be classic zombie...  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#56 10/11/09 12:10

Mukade

d'oh, i got a brief look at him before it blammed me D:

@Leus naw, im making em run, but they will be easier to kill, honestly, do you want to be stuck shooting at slow moving target that u can run from? Or running zombies that you gotta hit quick? If they moved slow, there would have to lots of em, which im guessing Oni can't support, is it possible to speed characters up? cause i want to have really fast weaker ones have like mini-strikers zipping at you :3

so whats the deal with this ONCV? i converted to xml, and all i saw was a few lines on parent ONCVany and the name which i changed to muro_zombie :-/ i probly did it wrong, ill need you to do that samer. Other than that what i have in my folders:

Textures: All of em, im not worried about this

Characters: ONCC, TRMA and an ONCV that i did myself, but all i did to it was chage the name in it to zombie_muro tongue i think that's my problem

Animations: TRACONCC and TRAC, im not sure which is necssary... i chanced their names and linked them thru the ONCC

What else do i need to do hmm

Last edited by Mukade (10/11/09 12:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#57 10/11/09 12:10

Samer
Website

do u want them to have custom moves or use the moves of the original characters ? if the same moves keep the trac link as is ...

the ONCV, well once u finish it completely copy any ONCV edit in xml change the class to whatever u named the ONCC ... and in the ONCC link it to the ONCV ... then convert the ONVL list to xml ... but use the one that came with kojiro package if u have it  or the one that is in my latest character variant fix ... or else it won't support my characters and any one who has them and installs ur character will blam ... anyway edit that ONVL in xml and add the ONCV to the bottom of the list ...

that is a final step until then just keep the ONCV as is in the ONCC ... till u'e done with everything else ... and if u want once u finish the package i'll edit them & give them new ONCV's u can keep the original ones. meaning in the oncc of zombie muro keep the link of ONCV to muro_generic

the trac is the one u need the oncctrac is created whenever u convert oncc.oni to xml  it's unescessary.

but other than different textures what will distinguish them ?  form the original characters ^_^ ?

#58 10/11/09 14:10

Mukade

that wuz like a tongue twister.... okay, ill try

do i have to change all the ONCV's in my folder??

Last edited by Mukade (10/11/09 21:10)

#59 10/12/09 02:10

Samer
Website

mukade downolad my character variant fix the latest one from the depot ... u'll find ONCV's in it and ONVL list copy ALL I repeat ALL these files to the specified folder in the readme and OVERWRITE the old ones with the new ones ... now add to this  folder the new ONCV u've made EXAMPLE ONCVmurozombie IN THIS ONCV u should link it to the ONCC of murozombie and in the ONCC link it to the ONCV  (link them together tongue )  then open as xml the ONVL list u downloaded which u now have in the folder u'll see it's a list of all ONCVs including kojiro, casey, motoko, bgi etc ... add to the bottom the name of the ONCV u made, save convert back to oni and put in that folder.

Last edited by Samer (10/12/09 02:10)

#60 10/12/09 02:10

Samer
Website

I'm sorry D: I know I'm not the best tutor out there i TEND TO COMPLICATE THINGS hmm

#61 10/12/09 10:10

Mukade

yeah that's what i did sorta... at the top it says parent" ONCVany does that matter at all?

and would i have to uninstall my mod, replace all the character varients and the ONVL then re-install?

#62 10/12/09 16:10

Phydur

i havent realy read any of this thread, but i wanted to suggest that i think it wouldbe cool to have this as a character...
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Avatar_of_Sweetness

if you want i could make better pictures of better angles, but its just a wishful sugestion. i dont expect anything to actualy come from it.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#63 10/12/09 16:10

Mukade

hmmm, Samer, how exactly do i "link" them together, i don't think i understood you correctly, it may be what im doing wrong

#64 10/12/09 20:10

Mukade

by "link" do you mean go into the ONCV and change Classname and in the ONCC and change the variant?

#65 10/13/09 07:10

Samer
Website

yes that's it  ... but don't forget to edit the ONVL list and add the name of that ONCV to it ... then put the ONCV and The ONVL into the globalization folder ( the one i mention in the readme )

if it keeps not working out upload the ONCC, and I'll make it smile

Last edited by Samer (10/13/09 07:10)

#66 10/13/09 08:10

Mukade

ill upload it later :-/ it's still not working

#67 10/13/09 14:10

Mukade

Kay, here it is, and for your convinience all in XML format, i include ONCC, ONCV and ONVL, change them as far as necessary, and maybe tell me what im doing wrong to avoid it in the future tongue

Last edited by Mukade (10/13/09 14:10)

#68 10/13/09 17:10

Samer
Website

The ONCV is capital lettered tongue it should be called muro_zombie not Muro_zombie since in the ONCC u put muro not Muro and in the ONCV it is linked to class Muro_zombie while the ONCC is called muro_zombie ^_^ correct the ONCV file name and the link in it.

that should work ... also did u use the correct TRAC ? urs says TRACONCC... it's better to use the TRAC ... I don't know try it ...

also for future u don't have to name it like it was TRMAmuro_high_texture_zombie that's a big name tongue  u can simply call it TRMAmuro_zombie .. it doesn't hurt though smile

let me know what happens

P.S : I hope u give casey another shot tongue I improved his moves smile

Last edited by Samer (10/13/09 17:10)

#69 10/13/09 20:10

Mukade

ahh, so it IS case sensitive, i thought of it but i didn't think that was it

EDIT: Well i tweaked it and it no longer blams which is great, all i need now is to fix the animations its giving me NULL animation, but i fixed that before.

Last edited by Mukade (10/13/09 21:10)

#70 10/15/09 13:10

Shade

Let all the Zombies walk at once. After that. If you walk too far away from them. They will run about a half inch to you and slow down.

#71 10/15/09 13:10

Phydur

could you maybe modify the way they move so they shamble? like give a few a broken leg or something?
... nah. too much work. nvm.

I intentionally spell dang, dange, FYI.

#72 10/15/09 19:10

Mukade

well, i would be willing to take a shot at animating, i have tried in the past, but failed to extrcact an animation to see how it's done tongue

@Shade i dunno, for one thing, im not sure theres a command for that, and it would jsut mess things up, what I CAN do is slow some down to a slow run and speed others up to a fast sprint, the slower ones would have more health, i dunno, maybe ill make two versions if i have time later... one can have varied speeds but lower health and one can be very slow with lots of health. But the problem with slow like ive already said is that you can still run away easy, and to make it any challenge at all, i would have to put LOTS of them, and i don't think Oni can take that

#73 10/16/09 03:10

Leus
Website

The TRAM files seem to be the ones that set up the animations.  I can't tell if you'd be able to create new ones just using those files...  If so, it'd take a lot of experimentation, trial and error.  But once you realized what all the variables did, it actually might become easier and cool.

That's assuming it's anything like what I think it looks like in this file....

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#74 10/16/09 03:10

Gumby

We _can_ export animations to normal file formats now...though the real kicker is converting it back to .oni...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#75 10/16/09 04:10

Samer
Website

editing Tram's is kinda sensitive smile I had may trials and errors whenever I tied to make a new combo or adjust the heights for certain moves. ( that is editing in xml, sometimes it won't accept the changes and wouldn't convert) haven't dared to try it as actual animation big_smile 

and mukade i don't think oni will have a problem with many characters at same time ... u can make each character teleport when it dies and get respawned ... instead of using many characters

Board footer