Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/10/09 14:10

Samer
Website

Re: Halloween mod anyone?

hehe thanks tongue I'm a quick study .. kinda nerdy too tongue
I don't know i started with just editing the TRAC then I started experimenting and stuff, the wiki helped and EdT always pointed me in the right direction smile

Last edited by Samer (10/10/09 14:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 10/10/09 14:10

Samer
Website

Mukade some of the textures are 1 file like the White chief and the ninja bot smile

but u have to figure out how the texture will look tongue it will look weird at first when u edit it  ... imagine it as being folded into triangles to fit the face ...

#28 10/10/09 14:10

Shade

Samoko wrote:

hehe thanks tongue I'm a quick study .. kinda nerdy too tongue
I don't know i started with the just editing the TRAC then I started experimenting and stuff, the wiki helped and EdT always pointed me in the right direction smile

Awesome, Yeah I learned some of the scripts from the Wiki. I finally figured out how their done. I still need to figure some stuff out though. I wish I had the brains. Sucks to be in High School because you have to hide all of your stuff if you don't want to be made fun of, etc.

#29 10/10/09 14:10

Samer
Website

just for FYI  tongue uni isn't great either tongue so just be urself and don't try to fit in if u're meant to stand out smile u might find many ppl who have the same interests but are also too shy\afraid to show.

#30 10/10/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Why can't I feeeel?  My skin should crack and peeeel....

Hell, I never even noticed that before.  Awesome.   big_smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#31 10/10/09 14:10

Samer
Website

I want the fire back tongue yup Buffy and Oni and Charmed are my 3 fav things ^_^

#32 10/10/09 15:10

Mukade

yup, i noticed that a lttle while back, great show :3 and thats one of my fav episodes

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#33 10/10/09 15:10

Shade

Is Buffy the Vampire Slayer a anime or Live Action show? I know it sounds familiar.

#34 10/10/09 15:10

Mukade

Live Action

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#35 10/10/09 15:10

Shade

Mukade wrote:

Live Action

Cool I need to see it one day. Reminds me of Blood Plus.

#36 10/10/09 16:10

Mukade

:-/

anyways, Onisplit is giving me hell trying to convert from TGA back to Oni D:
i have no clue why

#37 10/10/09 16:10

Mukade

error.jpg

the whited out stuff is my name :3
I'm not paranoid, but im not just gonna dish it out unless i want to tongue
if anyone could help that'd be great, i havent a clue whats wrong

Last edited by Mukade (10/10/09 16:10)

#38 10/10/09 17:10

Gumby

what command are you entering?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#39 10/10/09 18:10

Mukade

im using OniSplit GUI, ive tried converting from tga and png into different paths and from all the different ways of going it (bgr32 and all that) but nothin..

#40 10/10/09 18:10

Leus
Website

Mukade I can try and make you some characters for your mod, what kind of characters would you want though?  And what map?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#41 10/10/09 19:10

Mukade

All i need right now are a few characters, im doing muro now, but things like Barabas strikers, furies, just chage the textures to greyscale and make them white/bright, although i'd rather show u what i had in mind before you do anything else smile

I'll post a screenshot once someone can help me out with reconverting back to .oni

Ill be using warehouse proly, is there any way to make a map darker??

#42 10/10/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Ooohhh you mean VISUALLY creating characters.....  Well nvm...  I'm not delved into that yet.  smile

#43 10/10/09 20:10

Iritscen

Mukade wrote:

Ill be using warehouse proly, is there any way to make a map darker??

You can't alter the lighting AFAIK, but you can always replace the textures with darker ones.  Also, don't overlook the fog settings in every level's main BSL file.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#44 10/10/09 20:10

myplea1

Lol what were you talking about?

Awol

#45 10/10/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Making like...  Character IDs...  Lol.

#46 10/10/09 21:10

Mukade

shouldn't be too hard, copy muro's stuff and rename them, change the textures and make a new character varient i guess... im gonna have to get samer with that one too :3

if i can get this $%^(^ texture to convert back to .oni i'll actually be getting somewhere..

srsly im stuckk!!! help me!

Last edited by Mukade (10/10/09 22:10)

#47 10/10/09 22:10

Mukade

Solved:

The name of the file was TXMPIteration%2FMO_rev_sho

Onisplit interpreted %2F as a backslash, which is what is is since filenames can't support a backslash. therefore it was determining the path of the file as .\TXMPIteration\MO_rev_sho

I may not know much about all this, but even tho i ask for help doesnt mean ive given up trying to find myself a solution  wink

Now, to successfully recompile this back into the game, what exactly do i need to modify? I have changed the texture names, changed the TRMA to match, changed the ONCC to match the rename TRMA, what else do i need to add?

Last edited by Mukade (10/10/09 23:10)

#48 10/10/09 22:10

Iritscen

Ah, that bug. We actually reported that to Neo a while ago, I should check in with him and see if it's going to get fixed.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#49 10/10/09 22:10

Leus
Website

I may not know much about all this, but even tho i ask for help doesnt mean ive given up trying to find myself a solution  wink

Yeah, same here...  It seems like it becomes more likely that I'll find a solution after I've asked for help with it.  smile

#50 10/10/09 23:10

Mukade

yeah, ive done that lots of times, but onthe offchance that i don't find out, it's good to have already asked, i've edited my above post, i need to know how to recompile

Board footer