Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/10/09 11:10

Shade

Halloween mod anyone?

Hey guys. Halloween is near and I was thinking there should be a Halloween mod for Oni. Wouldnt this be a good idea to make? I could make it my self but I dont have another Oni CD yet, I'll probably be making a Christmas mod *If I'm still around* and I'm not keeping any promisis also. If anyone needs ideas for a Holiday mod I'll be happy to help big_smile Seriously though this sounds sweet for a mod.

#2 10/10/09 12:10

Samer
Website

Re: Halloween mod anyone?

what do u have in mind  smile ?  a Griffin with a pumpkin head tongue ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 10/10/09 12:10

Leus
Website

I always thought Oni would be the perfect engine for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer game.  Just replace Konoko with a Buffy model and enemies with vamps...  Or just say the enemies ARE vamps....  And say Konoko is Buffy....  And then just play Oni.........

....Vampires are related to halloween.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#4 10/10/09 12:10

Mukade

hhehe, good idea :3

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#5 10/10/09 12:10

Iritscen

Well, there *was* that mod where Konoko "bites" enemies to turn them to her side.  Except the "biting" was just beating them up.  And that would make *her* a vampire.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#6 10/10/09 12:10

Samer
Website

Interesting big_smile !! mmm some texturizing on Konoko and maybe some TRBS modification can make her look a lot like Buffy smile ! and also a little texturizing on the faces can add teeth and yellow eyes tongue  !!

that is doable if I get some time :S

I love Buffy as u can see in my signature smile

#7 10/10/09 12:10

Mukade

ah yes, i know that mod

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#8 10/10/09 12:10

Shade

Samoko wrote:

Interesting big_smile !! mmm some texturizing on Konoko and maybe some TRBS modification can make her look a lot like Buffy smile ! and also a little texturizing on the faces can add teeth and yellow eyes tongue  !!

that is doable if I get some time :S

I love Buffy as u can see in my signature smile

Make Konoko's eyes red big_smile Make it like she got turned into a vampire O_O

#9 10/10/09 12:10

Samer
Website

hehe I have a different evil konoko in mind wink u'll see in a couple of weeks what i mean tongue

but the buffy thing is really doable smile

#10 10/10/09 12:10

Mukade

yessss... and when they die, they do the flashy animation except a light brown color instead of purple tongue

#11 10/10/09 13:10

Shade

Yes this will be good. Also we could make Barabas look like a zombie by editing his textures seeking revenge for Konoko.

Every enemy Konoko killed comes back as Zombies. She'll have to fight them once again in her new outfit. Make Muro the king of hell. As in you'll have to fight mutant Muro in the end. But the fight wont be pretty. Retexture normal Muro's clothes white and retexture the lines grey. Let Muro have white hair and red eyes. Sound cool to anyone?

#12 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

How about simply making a zombie survival game?? maybe in the compound, a big open space, and just give yourself a pistol with super ammo and you have zombies pouring in from all sides that only take one or two shots to kill, in fact, if someone would make the characters for it, i would be willing to do BSL

#13 10/10/09 13:10

dream996

i think there was a christmas tctf building  big_smile

PunBB bbcode test

#14 10/10/09 13:10

Shade

dream996 wrote:

i think there was a christmas tctf building  big_smile

I knew there was one tongue And Mukade the survival sounds great. But keep the Muro idea. It sounds like a win.

#15 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

yeah sure, there would be boss zombies too :3 and just generally harder to kill zombies, faster zombies etc...

#16 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

In fact, here, ill even take a shot right now at retexturing muro :3

#17 10/10/09 13:10

Shade

Mukade wrote:

In fact, here, ill even take a shot right now at retexturing muro :3

Awesome! I wish I had a laptop and a new Oni CD right now :'( Then I would help participate in the modding. But for now I'll give out all the ideas I can.

EDIT

By the way, With Muro wearing a white outfit, I think the Doadan glow will look AWESOME on him.

Last edited by Shade (10/10/09 13:10)

#18 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

tru dat :3

ummmmm.... if im right character textures are under TRMA right? so how do i extract those :-/

#19 10/10/09 13:10

Shade

Mukade wrote:

tru dat :3

ummmmm.... if im right character textures are under TRMA right? so how do i extract those :-/

I'm not quite sure, I'm quite of a noob at modding textures my self sad You can try asking Samoko, Iritscen, Gumby, or Edt.

#20 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

well, im waiting for one of their responses wink

#21 10/10/09 13:10

Samer
Website

extract using oni split the trma .. into xml that will give u the links to the txmp .. then convert the txmps mentioned to tga .. edit them in photoshop or a similar program then save in the same format as tga ... rename the tga convert back to txmp ...change the links in the trma to link to the new txmps .. they must be in order ... then edit the ONCC in xml and make it link to the new TRMA and rename the oncc to have a new muro or else it will overwrite the current muro.

use severed txmps for the faces they look much better smile

#22 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

ok, i think i undertand :3

#23 10/10/09 14:10

Mukade

awww, why couldnt there just be one texture to edit, it would be soo much easier :-/

#24 10/10/09 14:10

Samer
Website

I'll probably make a buffy model smile and textures

#25 10/10/09 14:10

Shade

Samoko wrote:

extract using oni split the trma .. into xml that will give u the links to the txmp .. then convert the txmps mentioned to tga .. edit them in photoshop or a similar program then save in the same format as tga ... rename the tga convert back to txmp ...change the links in the trma to link to the new txmps .. they must be in order ... then edit the ONCC in xml and make it link to the new TRMA and rename the oncc to have a new muro or else it will overwrite the current muro.

use severed txmps for the faces they look much better smile

Samoko I have a question, How did you learn all of this stuff so fast? O_O Your amazing at this stuff.

Board footer