Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/08/09 12:10

Leus
Website

Final Battle Script (to be used with Samoko's package)

While Samoko's final battle package is pretty damn cool, somehow I found it a little too easy (maybe because I had too many hypos, but oh well...  It's cooler that way  tongue ).  In my investigation into how to make it more balanced, I found out that Shinitama Bot and Casey have at least 350 health each while nobody on Muro's team has health over 300.  So I had Barabas and Mukade join the fight right from the start, and I gave everyone (including team Konoko) 500 health, except Muro and Konoko because Konoko will have whatever you got to the save with and Muro was set to 800 health to begin with...  Lol.

So now all of these mofos start the battle in daodan overpower mode--and half of them have the animations to go with it, so that's pretty cool--and the ones with lower standard health should actually take LONGER to come down from overpower mode as a result, making Team Muro a lot more fierce...  I mean manly...  Also, when Muro is killed, he will "transform" into Mutant Muro with a half-assed cinematic.  I haven't actually quite beaten this battle yet, but I've come close so I know it's doable.  Also other people are better players than me.  smile

If this is well-received, I'll update it as needed if I get any better ideas or if Samoko makes any modifications to his package that affect this script.

So without further junk,

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmeyzddyzdj

Just replace (but first back up, of course) the original compound.bsl file with this one, compound_fullfight.bsl

Enjoy, hopefully.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 10/08/09 19:10

EdT
Website

Re: Final Battle Script (to be used with Samoko's package)

Great script! I'm not even close to beating this script.  Too much time spent in modding.  smile

#3 10/08/09 22:10

Leus
Website

smile  Thanks.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#4 10/09/09 00:10

Samer
Website

ok I tested it smile there are things I really liked and things that I didn't

I loved that the daodan glow is back ^_^ !! especially muro's and with motoko casey and kojiro each with a different color glow it looked pretty cool .

I liked the cinematic idea big_smile even though muro didn't appear tongue there was just light but I like it ^_^

It did feel more balanced to have mukade and Barabus there too ... but it felt shorter tongue and a bit unfair to have motoko, barabus and mukade attack griffin and casey (3 on 2) while shinatama bot just fought kojiro.

However at one point Barabus just disappeared :s (this happened several times) and reappeared near the door and just stood there even when u attacked him. I think he was trying to do the stronger and stronger thing . which he can do in my package

the fight with mutant muro was too long and it bored me tongue I really dislike that part in the original it's so repetitive,  so can u make it a bit shorter ? give him less health or take away his supershield  ?

Can u make me a custom one ^_^ tongue ? with just the daodan glows ? and the cinematic ^_^ ?
and keeping the order of appearances that i had tongue ? and less health for  the big ugly tongue

or teach me how ^_^ please :$

Last edited by Samer (10/09/09 00:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 10/09/09 00:10

Leus
Website

Hmmmmmmmm...  I dunno what's up with that.  Technically you don't even have to rename it, but it shouldn't make any difference that you did...

Showing up at the beginning with nothing going on is a sign that something in the script failed and therefore the whole thing is apparently just voided or something...  The only thing I can try and suggest is to redownload the file and just keep it how it is, and don't rename it.  Since that seems to be the only thing you did differently from me...

Hang on, I'mma rename mine and see what happens.

It still works.  I tried naming it compound.bsl and compound.bsl.bsl, just in case you ended up doing that by accident, but both work fine.  Shit, I have no idea.  sad

I guess I'll just tell you how to do it even though you did it exactly right so it will be kind of redundant, but sometimes going through the simple steps somehow ends up solving the problem.

You go to Oni\Edition\GameDataFolder\IGMD\compound and back up the original compound.bsl then remove it from the folder.  Then you put my file compound_fullfight.bsl in the folder.  Keep all the other original files (compound_cutscene, compound_main and particle_scripts), so in total there should be four files...

Ok that really didn't seem helpful, but hopefully somehow this long-ass post ends up somehow fixing it.  smile

#6 10/09/09 00:10

Samer
Website

yeah i fixed it, thank u for taking the time to answer smile I made a copy of it but kept it in the same folder which made 5 total files ^_^ once i moved the copy it worked .

I edited my above post Leus i guess while u were making this .

#7 10/09/09 00:10

Samer
Website

btw the health of the characters with my package are:

Barabus 350 his original is 450
Motoko 275 her original is 200
Mukade 250 his original is 400

sh_bot and casey 350 tongue hehe I'm a little biased ^_^

muro and konoko unchanged.

Last edited by Samer (10/09/09 02:10)

#8 10/09/09 01:10

Leus
Website

I compared the ONCC files of each character to your "AdditionalHealth" modifications in your final fight package, and this is what I came up with...

griffin    100    +75    =175
shb    200    +150    =350
casey    210    +150    =360

konoko    200

muro    250    +0    =250
motoko    200    +75    =275
kojiro    100    +100    =200
barabas    300    -100    =200
mukade    400    -150    =250

Pretty similar to what you said except Barabas.

Also, Mukade and Barabas don't necessarily fight Casey and Griffin.  I make them come out from behind the satellite and I've had it where either one or both ends up fighting either me or Shinitama.

And yeah, I dunno why Barabas goes over by the door...  Maybe it's because he gets re-spawned when Motoko or whoever dies or something...  I dunno.

And also yes, Mutant Muro is annoying.  Although it's cool because Barabas' Earthquaker and Shinitama's explosion still hurt him AND knock him over through his shield, I think.  But yeah I should definitely make him weaker.

ALSO also, dude, if you want to know just how doable BSL scripting is, just do this real quick:

http://wiki.oni2.net/BSL:Tutorial/Scratch

It really just quickly shows you just how easy and versatile BSL can be, and knowing your creative spirit you'll be having insane levels in no time (school permitting) smile

#9 10/09/09 02:10

Samer
Website

in the ONCC I have of Barabus, his base health is 450 :s maybe i have some package that affect that ... I have the modified ONCCs package that came with the edition .

and I couldn't figure out how to add health to muro using my method when i added 125 to him he seemed to die quicker so the bsl method works for him better

I'm using ur script and modifying some stuff. once done I'll release it with my package on the depot as a collaboration between you and me smile 

and I'll try to finish the melee profile with it big_smile ;D IT WILL BE AWESOME big_smile !

Note : In ur bsl u set barabus health and mukade's health to 500 ... this adds health but it starts to drain ... by the time they are spawned they don't have 500 health but the same health i gave them in the package .. nor do they have supershield. i think there's a typo in the bsl for the health part
that's what u wrote
                        chr_boss_shield GrifElite04
            chr_boss_shield GrifElite05
            chr_set_health GrifElite02 500
            chr_set_health GrifElite03 500

the last 3 are the same tongue

for my version where they are spawned later it has to be added below in round2 section

Last edited by Samer (10/09/09 02:10)

#10 10/09/09 08:10

Leus
Website

Oh nuts, I didn't even notice that.  smile

I'm stoked for that collab package idea.  Glad you're dabblin' into the world of BSL.  You pick stuff up crazy fast.  smile

And yeah I forgot to mention in the first post that I (supposedly) gave all of Team Muro boss shields, too.  smile

Edit:  What kind of stuff are you changin' in the script, just out of curiosity?

Last edited by Leus (10/09/09 08:10)

#11 10/09/09 15:10

Samer
Website

I have been able to make him turn into mutant muro successfuly  cool  AND WITHOUT BSL modification tongue  I think u'll find this version a challenge Leus wink

I used part of ur BSL to give them that extra health to make them glow smile the transformation into mutant muro was done in BINACJBO character , so any one can still check it uncheck it whenever he wants ... the accompanied BSL doesn't change the game it just adds health to the characters and the package is fully playable with or without it.  and I moved some lines around to make Barabus and mukade get the extra health and boss shield at right time.
Check my thread to download smile  It's version 2

Last edited by Samer (10/10/09 00:10)

Board footer