Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/06/09 14:10

Iritscen

Re: Modified final battle Team Konoko vs Team Muro **2ND VERSION**

Guys, we have 12 year olds on this board.  Do you talk that way around your little brothers?  Besides, there are more mature ways to communicate.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 10/06/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Sorry, man.  Yeah it's just how I talk sometimes.  My little brother is 10 times worse for the record tongue

I'll try to keep it in check.

But the reason I asked about the packages was because I was considering trying to make a package that would modify all the BINACJBOCharacter files to include all cool guys to be spawnable.  But then any other package that modified a BINACJBOCharacter file wouldn't work or would overwrite my hypothetical one.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#28 10/07/09 13:10

Leus
Website

I just played it.  It's pretty sweet, although I forgot to notice Mukade teleporting.  He did cloak and use his weapon though, which was cool.  Also I never noticed Barabas regenerating, but I'm sure he does.

This fight is rad, but I think it might actually be a bit too easy.  Maybe it's just because I had too many hypos going into it, but I focused on everyone but Muro first cause I wanted to see Barabas and Mukade doin' stuff.  By the time Mutant Muro died, though, I still had Griffin, Casey AND Shinitama bot alive.

Maybe once Kojiro enters the mix it'll get tougher.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#29 10/07/09 15:10

Samer
Website

really ? when i play it ... 2 of them at least die :S
anywho i increased the bad guys' health ...& KOJIRO joined tongue download from first post ^_^  really hope u like it.
and i can't say i'm not a bit biased to make sh_bot and casey survive tongue I have no problem with killing Griffin though xP  try activating the reservoirdogs cheat tongue and moonshadow and watch everyone attacks everyone  lol  fun !!

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#30 10/07/09 22:10

Leus
Website

Dude, you know what I think the problem is...  It's always at least 4v3 favor team Konoko, assuming you keep your teammates alive.  Is there any way you can make it so the entire team Muro comes out at the beginning of the fight? (maybe except Mutant Muro)  That would be super intense I think.  I don't even know if the health boost on the enemies would be necessary at that point.  But as it stands, I still make it to the end with all three teammates alive.

And then also, is it possible to spawn Mutant Muro only when Muro dies?  I think that'd make most sense, rather than Muro and Mukade both dying before Mutant comes.

Just some suggestions.  Like I said, maybe it's because I have too many hypos but, it's a tad too easy.  Still, this is the kind of epic Oni fight situation I always dreamed of.  smile  Thanks for creating it, man.

#31 10/08/09 10:10

Leus
Website

Sweet, I made a BSL modification that spawned Barabas and Mukade in the fight at the beginning and it seemed a lot more balanced.  Although I'll admit that I accidentally got caught on Shinitama's blast and lost 3 hypos worth of health.  But by the end everyone except me was dead.  smile

#32 10/08/09 11:10

Samer
Website

the method I'm using which is simple editing for Bincharacter file of that level (which is easily made into a package) requires that 2 characters die for the final round to happen ( before, the 2 elites had to die for the red ninja to come out so i just switched things around)

and are u sure u're playing it on hard difficulty tongue ? I never make it with all of them alive :\ !

u can activate the killmequick cheat to make it harder ^_^ .

When I first joined I found any packages that had BSL and required me to backup the files .. etc to be a pain and I avoided them ... that's why I'm making these levels as simple, easily reversible, packages ^_^

I'm sure much more could be done by more complex methods smile

Any way I'm glad u enjoyed it big_smile I enjoyed it  too big_smile It's gonna be much more enjoyable and harder wink once I make the new melee profiles

right now : motoko fights like a fury which leaves a lot of her moves out ... and kojiro like a hard ninja, while shinatama bot and casey like brutal konoko which gives them an advantage. especially sh_bot since her moves are very similar to konoko's and with konoko's melee profile she can utilize all her moves - except ppkk- which sh_bot has and konoko doesn't)

(by that i don't mean the moves ... I mean the use of these moves . ex : a ninja always uses his super kick attack after he knocks u down ... while konoko uses it when she's at a certain proximity ...  furies don't have a static forward kick throw while motoko does when motko is given the melee profile of fury she no longer uses the kick throw or the 4 punches or ppk... )

Last edited by Samer (10/08/09 11:10)

#33 10/08/09 11:10

Leus
Website

Oh awesome, so once they have new melee profiles they will have more efficient use of their moves?  Should be cool.

Also I think of BSL as way easier for some reason...  I think we're like reversed, I'm intimidated to delve into the world of XML/ONI editing and you into BSL.  smile

#34 10/08/09 13:10

Mukade

Leus wrote:

Dude, you know what I think the problem is...  It's always at least 4v3 favor team Konoko, assuming you keep your teammates alive.  Is there any way you can make it so the entire team Muro comes out at the beginning of the fight? (maybe except Mutant Muro)  That would be super intense I think.  I don't even know if the health boost on the enemies would be necessary at that point.  But as it stands, I still make it to the end with all three teammates alive.

And then also, is it possible to spawn Mutant Muro only when Muro dies?  I think that'd make most sense, rather than Muro and Mukade both dying before Mutant comes.

Just some suggestions.  Like I said, maybe it's because I have too many hypos but, it's a tad too easy.  Still, this is the kind of epic Oni fight situation I always dreamed of.  smile  Thanks for creating it, man.

yes i believe you could, you'd have to create a couple flags i imagine, spawn the extra characters there at the beginning, and make them run towards you. (im not sure whether or not this would work during the cutscene)

eg:

ai2_spawn Mukade
ai2_teleport (is that it?) Mukade <your created flag>
ai2_makeaware Mukade 0

or something along those lines, u get the picture

Last edited by Mukade (10/08/09 13:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#35 10/08/09 19:10

EdT
Website

Great job on the final battle!  This battle shows I spend too much time modding and not playing, I got killed.  big_smile

#36 10/09/09 16:10

Samer
Website

hehe that's what cheats are for tongue

#37 10/09/09 16:10

Samer
Website

2 new Versions available ^_^ first post

#38 10/10/09 02:10

Samer
Website

Guys if u test them tell me which version u like more ( with the cinematic and harder mutant muro ... or without the cinematic ) ... or maybe u like to see a combo of both ? a cinematic but with the easier mutant muro ^_^ ? that's doable too)  I'll make 1 official package eventually once i have more feedback ^_^

#39 10/10/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Samoko, I just tried to test...  It does the error where I appear at the beginning of the level when I have either of the BSLs in the Compound folder.  I made sure to install the proper package to go with it...  sad

#40 10/11/09 02:10

Samer
Website

sad :S damn :\ BSL isn't my thing ... are u sure there are only 4 files in the compound folder (using ur own advice tongue)
try it without the bsl . does it work ? ( everything should work including the cinematic but no glows)

the original bsl is found in Edition\install\packages\VanillaBSL restore this and give it a shot :S
i didn't change much in the bsl except give them boss shield and extra health like u did and set konoko's health to 400 once u load the save that's it . :S

#41 10/11/09 02:10

Leus
Website

Oh nuts I forgot to have all the other BSLs in there with yours.  smile  Hopefully that's what was wrong, I'mma go try it now.

#42 10/11/09 02:10

Leus
Website

Well that was like the most badass I've ever fought in Oni.  I would like punch Mukade as he was going into a shadow dash, then turn and hit him with the second punch as he came out of it.  And like...  I somehow beat the SH out of Mutant Muro whenever he went vulnerable.

My problem with the second version is that the music plays twice after the Mutant Muro cutscene, and also that whole cutscene is kind of excessive...  I've only tried the second version so far, but I'll try the first tomorrow.  Right now I'm tired.  smile

Gnight.

#43 10/11/09 11:10

Leus
Website

I dig it, man.  I think you should have Muro's death be the only condition to have Mutant Muro come out, though, in version 1.  smile

Board footer