Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 10/12/09 13:10

Leus
Website

Re: Anyone here bored besides me?

Are we talking about what languages we know?

Yo hablo un poco Espanol de mi viaje a Guatemala.

...That's all I got.  Probably not even proper grammar.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#52 10/12/09 13:10

Leus
Website

And you're right, there's lots of vocabulary, sometimes 4 or 5 different words for one thing. Which is great for expressing nuances but also a lot to learn.

Also great for lyrics.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#53 10/12/09 13:10

3llense'g

I only speak english and hungarian (native). I was somewhat good in german, but I forgot a lot. I can probably still understand some of it, but speaking...  roll

Though I'd love to learn latin, japanese, norwegian or maybe finnish, and some more european languages. I wish I had the time and the money for school.  hmm

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#54 10/12/09 13:10

Leus
Website

I'd love to learn more Spanish, and maybe some asian language that cool monks speak so I can go live in cool monastaries.

Cool.

#55 10/12/09 16:10

levka1

uru ahim? big_smile There is not such thing as Uru.. ахим блев самэах its like brothers in happy heart tongue sounds stupid..
ערב טוב וברוכים הבאים לאחד נגד מאה! big_smile!
lol.. just took it from tv show behind meh.. Good evening and welcome to 1 vs 100 tongue if someone knows..

#56 10/12/09 16:10

jackoverfull
Website

italian here…and english, of course…

i'd like to learn russian and german, but this isn't going to happen soon. roll

"To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past!"

#57 10/12/09 17:10

adorage

well levka, if you speak hebrew already that should make arabic much easier.

I speak german (native), english (obviously), french and latin (as I said - though I don't really *speak* latin), I know some norwegian and yeah as I said, some arabic recently.

But the greatest word ever is finnish: PERRRKELE!
I even have a cup that says that ^^

Last edited by adorage (10/12/09 17:10)

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#58 10/12/09 17:10

Lithium

vie gehts?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#59 10/13/09 08:10

levka1

Hebrew is nothing like arabic :OO what makes you think those languages are similar in any way?
and whats PERRRKELE! tongue mm wild guess.. Oni big_smile? nop.. whats that word anyway?..

#60 10/13/09 08:10

demos_kratos

levka, don't tell me that you don't know the Hava Nagila song.

@adorage

the best suominen folk song ever:

Ievan suu oli vehnasella
Ko immesit onne toevotti
Pea oli markana jokkaisella
Ja viulu se vunku ja voevotti
Ei tata poikoo markyys haitaa
Sillon ko laskoo laiasta laitaan
Sallivilli hipput tupput tappyt
Appyt tippyt hiljalleen...

Last edited by demos_kratos (10/13/09 08:10)

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#61 10/13/09 10:10

levka1

truly its a song just very religious people sing, i know it but never sang it. Only this Jews http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haredi_Judaism know and sings those songs. Here is Israeli Rap i used to hear several years ago, and now sometimes too.. when there was Intefada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZAE11MhKHI ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--0svVu5UMg&feature=related , there are a lot of genres just like in any other language.. i just like little the israeli rap, because it sings what is about here.. All this things that appear in The Simpsons or other Movies or serials is not always true.. Its like i would say that Sweden is full of wealth people and spoiled little girls Just because IKEA is there.
Look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljpEUA_ … e=related, and believe me its not only in Russia, Gop society is pretty well known here :l

Last edited by levka1 (10/13/09 10:10)

#62 10/13/09 10:10

levka1

Sorry for second post just check this video, i dont hate anyone but when you see this is true danger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFhj-dMlSok
here is something interesting too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeky9I5T9c

Last edited by levka1 (10/13/09 10:10)

#63 10/13/09 11:10

T_W_D

I know only English besides my home language. And those people in uni think they'll teach me German... once I'll start to attend lectures at least smile

levka1, are you from Israel?

Gop society is pretty well known here

Э пацанчик, ты че на чотких наехал big_smile

I believe it's "chavs" in USA.

Last edited by T_W_D (10/13/09 11:10)

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#64 10/13/09 11:10

demos_kratos

screw that, it sounds nazi... I mean really nazi... That film in few words: "There are too many Muslims and if we don't do anything their number will increase and european culture will disappear". Screw the creator of that film. really.

Jente, du er deilig, du er lekker, ihvertfall nå når jeg drikker.
Baby, du har det som trengs, hva er sannsynligheten for at vi to hopper til sengs?
Kan du si meg det? Jeg er ikke så stø i sannsynlighetsregning.

#65 10/13/09 11:10

3llense'g

@adorage One of the few words I know in finnish big_smile
@demos: lol@loituma big_smile

PS: Did I just recognize loituma by the lyrics? I'm such a nerd...  tongue

Last edited by 3llense'g (10/13/09 11:10)

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#66 10/13/09 12:10

Leus
Website

That's a good song.

#67 10/13/09 12:10

adorage

3llense'g wrote:

@adorage One of the few words I know in finnish big_smile
@demos: lol@loituma big_smile

PS: Did I just recognize loituma by the lyrics? I'm such a nerd...  tongue

I know, same here. I read the first words and thought 'hey - that's levan polka!' lol
Thanks for posting demon_kratos, you affirmed 3llense'g's and my self image  tongue

@levka: well, hebrew and arabic are both semitic languages, so they're related. I know they have different letters and all but apart from that, they're from the same "family".

The last links you posted me just gave me a headache. I can't believe that anyone would take this stuff seriously. Islam is not a race, so I won't call it racist but it comes pretty damn close.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#68 10/13/09 14:10

T_W_D

screw that, it sounds nazi... I mean really nazi...

And islam fanatics don't sound nazi. No, not at all. Especially when they blow up a bus full of "infidels". No, that's not nazi, and we should let them continue.

I understand Jews. One has a right to be "nazi", if he lives in a state of constant war.

#69 10/13/09 14:10

Mukade

It's not their fault everyone in the world hates them.... i would probly feel the same way

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#70 10/13/09 15:10

Gumby

T_W_D wrote:

screw that, it sounds nazi... I mean really nazi...

And islam fanatics don't sound nazi. No, not at all. Especially when they blow up a bus full of "infidels". No, that's not nazi, and we should let them continue.

I understand Jews. One has a right to be "nazi", if he lives in a state of constant war.

You are (again) confusing a small minority with the majority. Islam != Extremist.

If this sort of discussion (bordering on racism) continues, I will close the topic.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#71 10/13/09 16:10

levka1

ye sad sorry i brought that to topic, anyway people are different and thats all that matters, i used to talk to Muhamad from Rammalah. He was builder big_smile.. lol in Israel shows and staff when arab says on the shows that he is a builder, the Moderator that its so Expected..
Well sorry again, not racist or anything.. and TWD yes i live in Israel, and maybe it makes sometimes sense blow them up, but only when defeating ourselves, i am personally studding in IAF school, I am studding electricity ( wth tongue)
And TWD like in each country we have our different societies and racism here too. How stupid this is? I cant say, anyway the Russian people are usually smart people with diplomas,  or http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6620 … gopnik.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6740/googlegop.jpg
big_smile.. Well like any other country there is hated even within like between kids that were born in Morocco or Moscow :l well. What kind of discussion, from bored it came to racism just because of me  yikes  well sorry sad(((

#72 10/13/09 19:10

Leus
Website

T_W_D what are you DOIN.  ALL kinds of fanatics can be irrational and violent.  Christians are probably the broadest example of murder, deceit, destruction and enslavement under the guise of a religious symbol across history so far.  In fact, the cross is actually a false Christian symbol borne when an army commander won a battle that he thought god was supporting.  And furthermore, this lineage of rich white domination and our current ruthless oppression for our own frivolous gain are THE REASON so many people think we're the devil.  I'm not saying they should blow people up but they definitely have a reason to be angry.

Note, I am not saying anything bad about religion.  I think nearly all religions universally have solid moral codes and the state corrupts their image for their own personal gain.

Last edited by Leus (10/13/09 19:10)

#73 10/13/09 19:10

Gumby

Indeed, any group has its extremists. Take the popular (at least around here) trend of "going green" and not destroying the environment. There is a group of people who take it too far (called ecoterrorists) who blow up property of corporations they deem are harming the environment (sometimes causing environmental damage themselves, ironically). Does this mean doing things that are good for the environment are a bad thing? Of course not.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#74 10/13/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Good point Gumby, although I'll be honest, I think the only reason that that's a bad idea is because it makes people working for that cause LOOK crazy.  I've been tempted a couple times by the concept of just an all-out assault on the oppressive and destructive powers of the world, but I know that that won't work BECAUSE they are powers.  If someone is attacked, they have the political right to fight back, and if you attack someone bigger and stronger than you they will crush you.  That's how colonial nations justified taking land from indigenous people; they harassed them until the indigenous people attacked, then fought back and killed them and stole their land calling them "savages."  The same way, if people working for a good cause get violent and destructive against the dominators, the dominators will crush the people--though in this day and age it would be through persecution instead of genocide, of course.  Nonviolent resistance is largely the most effective tried and true practice for success against oppressive forces in the world so far because there are still the NEED for political consideration; in other words, you can't attack and crush someone who is not fighting you physically in the first place.  And change depends on the masses, so education about the issues is the most powerful tool for change, not destruction of the oppressing class and their destructive means.

Last edited by Leus (10/13/09 19:10)

#75 10/13/09 23:10

T_W_D

Christians are probably the broadest example of murder, deceit, destruction and enslavement under the guise of a religious symbol across history so far.

But Christianity gave a lot to the world. It basically formed our society. What did Islam give?

Murder, deceit and destruction, as we call it, were usual in the times you talk about, among Christians and heathens alike. Laws and morals change. Indigenous people you talk about weren't a bunch of innocent helpless victims as well. Probably you live now because their land was taken and colonised.

We can sit at home comfortably and discuss who began the conflict and whether fanatics are murderers or rebels who are just defending - but I doubt we will if the threat stops to be just TV news and touches our families or ourselves. I dunno how it is in USA, here in Russia we hear things like "Terrorists took hostages" or "A porch was mined" on daily basis. I'm not telling you that all Islam people are fanatics, I'm not a racist and I'm not interested in this kind of things, but, again, I understand people who are biased aganist Muslims. You can't tell a simple Muslim woman from a kamikaze with a bomb under her yashmak.

Board footer