A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/26/09 01:10

Leus
Website

Re: Mod Fair

Well, I really appreciate it Gumby.  Hope you don't regret that offer.  smile

I'll send it in a sec.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#27 10/26/09 02:10

Gumby

Every time you make a 4000+ line BSL file, God blams! a scripting engine. Please, think of the poor engines.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#28 10/26/09 02:10

Leus
Website

Blams the engine?  Does that explain why it won't work now even with files small enough?

Edit:  So if I somehow get any of this to start remotely working again, I should be able to get it to work as long as I break it up into BSL files under 4000 lines?

Last edited by Leus (10/26/09 02:10)

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#29 10/26/09 02:10

Gumby

I sent you a PM with a link to a fixed version.

I don't know what the upper limit is, but 4000 is too much. Try no more than 2000. Really, if it even gets that far, you have a problem. wink

#30 10/26/09 02:10

Leus
Website

By "I sent" do you mean "I'm about to send?"   big_smile

#31 10/26/09 02:10

Gumby

No, by "I sent" I mean "I sent". Check your inbox. The PM is in my outbox.

#32 10/26/09 02:10

Leus
Website

T'aint there.  I've been refreshing anxiously like a giddy nerdy schoolgirl.  I even checked my e-mail inbox for some reason, rofl.

#33 10/26/09 02:10

Leus
Website

It finally showed up.  Thanks, man.  smile  Gonna try it now.

(I wanted to make a new post so you weren't still trying to figure out how to get it to me or something, just incase)

#34 10/26/09 02:10

Leus
Website

Okay, I'm sorry but I feel this new post is necessary too...  I don't expect Gumby to just be checking this thread a bunch to see if I've edited my post, and I've got another question.  Speaking of which, sorry about spamming up your thread Mukade; I'm almost done I promise, and I should have something cool to show for it when it's all said and done.  smile

So, Gumby, it seems to be working fine from the brief test I just gave it.   big_smile   Thanks a ton, I really didn't expect you to figure it out so swiftly.  So, is all you did make the BSL files small enough?  Also, I noticed that you put the co_display = 0 thing in front of a #, making it not work...  Oh, you probably did that to see error messages.  Nvm about that, I assume I can just change it back safely.

But more importantly:  Is all you did make the BSL files small enough?

#35 10/26/09 02:10

Gumby

You also had a few duplicate functions. Search the original file for Sniper3(void). Did I break your script somehow? sad

Also, my fault on the PM, I accidentally hit "save as draft"

#36 10/26/09 03:10

Leus
Website

No man my script works perfectly.  I actually took the old version I sent you and broke that up into more managable parts in what I thought was a logical fashion, I know you were just trying to make them small enough to see if they worked.  Also I took out the Sniper 3 bit, but besides that and the breaking-up of BSL files, I didn't change a damn thing and everything seems to be working.  Are those the only two things you noticed?

In any case, thanks man.  I am really digging this script, I'm not gonna lie.  I hope other people like it too.  Also I hope the AE with the BSL package support comes out soon so I can release it like that.  smile  Dude, I'm stoked on Oni life right now.  I should probably go to bed.

big_smile

#37 10/26/09 17:10

Mukade

yeah that's what it looks like from the error :-/

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#38 10/27/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Man this timeframe thing is really working out...  Since I can't release it yet I keep adding things to make it cooler.   big_smile

#39 10/27/09 22:10

Mukade

good to hear it smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#40 10/29/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Dude I just realized.  I've been stoked for the mod fair so I could release mine, but there's also probably gonna be a ton of other ones from you guys.  Now I'm SUPER stoked.  smile  Lol.  Who all is planning on submitting something?

P.S. I'm gonna win the fair.

#41 10/29/09 19:10

Mukade

It's not about winning, like i said, it isn't a competition as such smile

Hopefully, I'll be submitting mine on saturday, as i have decided to release the halloween mod for the fair as it falls on the same day... im stoke too for all you guy's smile

btw, we should prolly assign days for each person or persons to go, i'd say maximum 2 per day, i don't want 9 mods on the first day, and then after that, it's just nothin... it's meant to be one week of trying out new things

like i said, ill be going the 31st, ill edit the first post with who's going when

#42 10/29/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Lol, I know.  I'm still gonna win.   tongue

I like the idea of assigned showcase days.  I'm down to go the last day, or whatever.  I don't care.  Put me down for anytime.   smile

#43 10/29/09 19:10

Mukade

Well, if you wanna wait that long, i can put you down for last, although i suppose you'll be caught up with all our mods, you wont notice. i guess we can save the best for last eh?  lol

#44 10/29/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Lol I'm not really saying it's gonna be the best.  I'm just bein' silly ol' Leus.

But yeah, whatev.  If you've got enough people showcasing to take up the whole week.  I keep thinking of ways to make mine hopefully cooler, and I plan on continuing to add updates to it even after the fair release, so going late might end up being for the better.  smile

#45 10/29/09 20:10

Mukade

yeah, my personality kicked in tho, and i havent really worked on it in awhile, i have two days to finish smile

#46 10/29/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Rofl, I feel ya.  I have to do a sh--ton of homework tomorrow, so I probably won't be Oni-ing.  So I'mma Oni all NOIGHT tonight.

#47 10/29/09 20:10

Mukade

lulz big_smile
i don't have hwk today lucky me smile
but i have to sleep in about an hour but until then, ill be working

im up only to 2 waves so far... but it's still fun just shooting up the few that come out

Last edited by Mukade (10/29/09 20:10)

#48 10/30/09 15:10

Mukade

Okay, against my will i am being forced to hang out with ppl today when i planned on workin on my mod, but i cant say no.... since tomorrow is saturday i have tomorrow to work on it, and i will release what i have at about 10:00 EST which i believe is also server time smile
anyways, from then, ill keep on releasing updates every once in awhile, containing new rounds, and improved details (textures, sounds etc...)

#49 10/30/09 15:10

Leus
Website

Maybe you don't necessarily need to have the first day of the fair if you've still got work to do on it.  If someone else is ready to release, perhaps let them have the first day?

Hey, people, speak up.  Who is ready to release, who wants what day?  smile

Last edited by Leus (10/30/09 15:10)

#50 10/30/09 16:10

EdT
Website

I'll probably release my mod in the later part of the fair, it has bugs that needs to be fixed.

Board footer