Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/01/09 14:10

Mukade

Mod Fair

Okay, so this is now the official Mod Fair discussion forum, you ay ask questions and stuff here.

Oct 31st - Mukade
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1300
Nov 1st - N/A

2nd - N/A

3rd - EdT
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 050#p21050
4th- ItemfinderDeluxe
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 097#p21097
5th- Leus
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 168#p21168
6th-

7th-

Last edited by Mukade (11/05/09 23:11)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#2 10/07/09 21:10

Mukade

Re: Mod Fair

Yeah I wasn't expecting alot of posts, I'm thinking presentation should be from November 1st until 8th

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#3 10/07/09 21:10

Iritscen

I seem to recall you said people weren't supposed to say if they were doing anything ^_^

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 10/07/09 21:10

Mukade

Well yeah, but this is just for little Q&A if needed, but as of yet there hasnt been any, which im gonna take as a good sign

#5 10/07/09 22:10

Iritscen

As long as people remember it's going on  cool

#6 10/08/09 13:10

Mukade

yeah, thats sorta why i posted here tongue
with it being so quiet i was wondering whther ppl had forgotten or not...

#7 10/09/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Damnit, I was planning on submitting this "Survival" project of mine to the mod fair, but I just realized I asked the SH** out of for help...  sad

Well it'll be badass regardless.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#8 10/10/09 12:10

Mukade

well, now that you know all this new stuff, you could always make sumtin else :3

#9 10/10/09 13:10

Samer
Website

I think u have put too many strict rules mukade tongue
I mean let them ask tongue and still present it in the fair, sure we get an idea what it is about and less surprise, but until we see the final result does it really matter ^_^ ? and the objective is to be motivated to learn new skills isn't it ...

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#10 10/10/09 13:10

Iritscen

Yeah, it could be that the rules might be doing more harm than good.

#11 10/10/09 13:10

Mukade

yeah, i have been feeling a bit bad about telling ppl "do this and don't do this" your right, it isnt a very formal thing if ppl want to hand someting in that they've already done or got lots of help on feel free

#12 10/10/09 21:10

Leus
Website

Man I'm running myself ragged on this mod.  I've literally been working on it for like the last 48 hours whenever I'm home.  And the sad thing is I think I'm finally conceding that I can't make it as cool as I wanted...

I want to have it so that the enemies all run out of the door and all reinforcements jump out of helicopters at the end of Compound.  Now, this works generally...  But occasionally guys can get stuck in the room if you're standing in the wrong place, and I can't get the reinforcements to run to me properly, despite using ai2_setmovementmode XXX run and ai2_comehere XXX...

Who thinks I should just abandon this fancy stuff and just have everyone appear in the middle?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#13 10/10/09 21:10

Mukade

i say keep at it, even if we do have to help you along, you will learn something new. Stat thinking of other different ways you could imrpove it. If it's getting closer to november and still no luck, try those new ways out.

#14 10/10/09 21:10

Leus
Website

I've tried a bunch of stuff...  It's gettin' weird and overly complicated, I feel.

I have it take control of the player and wait for three seconds plus an additional second for every bad guy over one that come out the door before the fight starts, spawning each guy one second apart so they hopefully don't run into each other...  It works mostly...  Hell, I guess it just pretty much works.  I just wish I could make the player face the flag I want so you don't end up with your back to the door as the enemies are coming out.

#15 10/10/09 21:10

Iritscen

BSL tends to be fairly hacky by nature; it's not as robust as most programming languages.  For instance, it's not uncommon to have to space out a rapid sequence of commands with "sleep" commands to make sure they go through.

P.S.: Have you tried using "chr_facetoflag" to get Konoko to face a flag?

#16 10/11/09 05:10

ItemfinderDeluxe

I'm late as always to the party. Can someone fill me in here?

TCTF SWAT: Striker, you're under arrest.
Striker: H4h, y0u c4n'7 570p m3!!!
TCTF SWAT: Damn it, learn to spell!!!
CURRENT PROJECT - 'Nemesis' V1.0 Released

#17 10/11/09 10:10

Leus
Website

#18 10/22/09 23:10

Leus
Website

When can we start submitting stuff?

#19 10/23/09 13:10

Mukade

I set the deadline betweem October 31st and november 7th

I know thats one wide line smile but i suggest not everyone submit there mod on the first day, one or two mods submitted at a time so we can check them out, comment etc.. then move on to the next, i don't want to have to download 10 mods all in one day. Like, a fair doesn't usually last jsut one day right?

Last edited by Mukade (10/23/09 13:10)

#20 10/23/09 14:10

Leus
Website

Well I'm ready.  *Resists posting latest mod.*

#21 10/23/09 14:10

Mukade

i know i know hang in there Leus smile
you still have about a week, look through it, find ways to improve or make a second thing, idk.
There's really nothin saying you can't submit multiple things

#22 10/23/09 19:10

Leus
Website

Good call, man.  I think I can think of some ways to make it a lot cooler, although it's gonna take a lot of work...  Hrm.  I should finish up some school ahead of time first.  smile

#23 10/23/09 20:10

Mukade

but the good thing is you don't really have to worry about gettign the improvements done on time smile

You can make a backup of the version u got now, and work on improving it. If it's not done by the end of the mod fair, put your original mod up and keep working on it. Post the update when you finish it

#24 10/26/09 00:10

Leus
Website

Son of a balls.....  I totally just spent all evening perfecting the script structure of my mod, and then I finally went and did the tedious work of replicating it and changing the variables...  And now it doesn't work.  It just says Func "main", File "(called from engine)", Line 0: semantic error, function "main" does not exist.

The BSL is 61kb now, however, which is significantly larger than any of the others.  When I take out all the replicated stuff I just added so the filesize becomes normal and the file is the same as it was earlier when everything was working, suddenly nothing's working...  WTF Oni.

Damnit.  This will be/was going to be cool whenever it gets/got finished.

#25 10/26/09 00:10

Gumby

Send me the BSL file privately. You probably just made a typo. It should say above that what line the mistake was at. If not, I'll happily find it for you.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer