Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 10/03/09 08:10

Samer
Website

Re: NEW CHARACTER: * Casey * =Version 6= updated on 24/04/2022

and EdT u're the greatest guy here smile

and btw I did notice that motoko sometimes has her pelvis chest and wrists backwards tongue is that it ?

Last edited by Samer (10/03/09 08:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#77 10/03/09 10:10

EdT
Website

Yes, that's the problem with Motoko.  It has to do with the LOD or level of detail for the characters.  The TRBS can contain up to 5 versions of the AI with different poly counts.  When you shapeshift to a character, you get the highest poly count AI, but now I learned a spawned AI uses a lower poly count version.

There was an earlier problem with Motoko, during some moves, Dev mode was showing a sorting buffer overflow error.  So I used a lower poly count version of Konoko, using Motoko's head to see if that would eliminate the problem.  It did, but now Oni uses that version for the spawned Motoko.  Thus the problems with the textures not matching the body parts. So I need to correct that issue.  See we learn something all the time.

Also, don't be discouraged by the problems with ONLV and ONCV, you are the first to venture into that area.  So now that we are aware of the problem, we can figure out a solution for it.

So I say, restore your mods, and include or a link to the needed ONLV and ONCV.

Last edited by EdT (10/03/09 10:10)

#78 10/03/09 13:10

Samer
Website

I restored them and included all the ONCVS smile hope that solves it

so the solution for motoko would be lowering the polycount of the head and increasing the body's ? or lowering the textures resolution ?

Last edited by Samer (10/03/09 13:10)

#79 10/03/09 18:10

EdT
Website

I need to lower the poly count on the entire model of Motoko, on my to do liet :-)

Wow, if you've done this much in 3 weeks, I wonder what amazing things you'll develop in the future!

EDIT: After playing with Casey some more, there is one thing I would like to see changed.  That is his idle pose.  Currently, Casey uses Muro's idle pose, but, Muro should be the only one to use that pose.  Just my thought.

Last edited by EdT (10/03/09 23:10)

#80 10/04/09 07:10

Leus
Website

You should def replace one of Griffin's backup dudes with Casey in your all-stars dream level.

Anyway, I'm at a hotel right now but I'll test him out when I get home.  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#81 10/04/09 08:10

Samer
Website

ok EdT u do have a point smile muro should stay unique

I'll give him a normal cop's pose smile as soon as i have some time ... uni stuff sad i also want to give him jump flips and a static and running kick throw i want them to be new so I'm trying to change some punch throws from other characters to kick throws.

for example : his running punch throw is muro's running neck breaker,  his running kick throw is running lariat

and a static kick throw ... i'm trying to modify tanker's kick throw and make it just one hit with a willow kick effect, instead of 3 ... or maybe some modified disarm move.

@ Leus : will definitely do that as soon as more ppl download him smile and once i finish the melee profiles

#82 10/04/09 11:10

Iritscen

Should Casey be given the "secret" Radio Saber attack?  Just throwing that thought out there.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#83 10/04/09 11:10

Gumby

Iritscen wrote:

Should Casey be given the "secret" Radio Saber attack?  Just throwing that thought out there.

No such thing. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#84 10/04/09 11:10

Samer
Website

O_O ohh i like the sound of that ... what is it ? 

No such thing because there really is no such thing tongue ? or because u want to keep it a secret wink ?

#85 10/04/09 11:10

Samer
Website

mmm tanker's rifle attack and "radio saber" sound form com guy tongue ? yeah interesting idea smile or even just the sound big_smile

#86 10/04/09 21:10

Gumby

Samoko wrote:

mmm tanker's rifle attack and "radio saber" sound form com guy tongue ? yeah interesting idea smile or even just the sound big_smile

You stole my idea!

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#87 10/04/09 21:10

EdT
Website

Poor Casey...  In a fight between Casey and ShinBot with equal health and same melee profile, Casey loses 2 out of 3 times.

But when he wins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvolkJmdSis

Note: I used a modified Brutal Konoko profile that added the 4 punch combo.

#88 10/04/09 21:10

Mukade

ill try it tomorrow, i haven't toched my computer all weekend until about 10 minute ago
im sure u did great

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#89 10/05/09 08:10

Samer
Website

EdT !!!!!  YAYYYYYYYYYYY !!! my 2 babies battling it out  !!! thank u so so much big_smile big_smile !! LOVED IT .. I feel like a proud father ^_^ !!! I can't favor any of them of course tongue

that's so great smile !!! I'm so glad I found this forum and learnt how to do all this !

btw casey has the odds against him i think bec he lacks the kick throws which Shn-Bot has& I plan to give him new throw kicks ... and also don't think i forgot the melee profile tongue they're still on my to do list.

Gumby tongue I read it in the wiki ... don't worry though ...I won't use it tongue nice idea though

mukade casey will be waiting wink

Edt man thanks again so much and thanks for mentioning my real name in the video description smile

P.S : in about a month or maybe less (depends on uni) tongue they'll be having a third playmate wink

#90 10/05/09 08:10

Leus
Website

Rofl that was an emotional post.

I gotta remember to check that vid out when I get back.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#91 10/05/09 08:10

Samer
Website

I'm an emotional person tongue if u haven't guessed already tongue

#92 10/05/09 08:10

Samer
Website

also I just got an idea big_smile that i'll excute immediately ... in the final level the final fight .. instead of the black tctf's as support .. who better support konoko than shinatama bot and her partner casey tongue ?

EDIT: and who better to backup muro than motoko barabus and mukade tongue

http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1279 ^_^

Last edited by Samer (10/05/09 10:10)

#93 10/05/09 15:10

Leus
Website

^ Oh shit yes, I'm stoked for that mod.

#94 10/05/09 16:10

Mukade

i just tried him out and he's an excellent, very well done character. Not my playing type, but well built. The one thing that i noticed was his last punch is very delayed. I know you can't change this, stuff to do with animations etc. but otherwise, well done.

(im not going to do this myself, but maybe one of the more experienced members can make a thread if they want, and we can all try to figure out how to edit/create animations?)

Last edited by Mukade (10/05/09 16:10)

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#95 10/05/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Dude, Casey ran away when he killed Shinitama.  Are the AI scripted to know to run from bombs?  I did not know that...

#96 10/05/09 20:10

Mukade

well, with AE they are made to dodge bullets, i guess this is the same?

#97 10/05/09 20:10

Leus
Website

Hm, sweet.  smile

Man I'm stoked to try that new final battle mod.  Gotta wait 'til my computer is free though.   hmm

#98 10/05/09 21:10

Leus
Website

You should totes make an official Kojiro character.  Wouldn't have to do much/anything on the modeling aspect, but having yet another badass character would be cool and then you could throw him in your final fight at Muro's side.  smile

#99 10/05/09 21:10

EdT
Website

Mukade: You're right, Casey running away from the bomb is from the particle dodging patch of the Oni engine. The Mad bomber's particle was modified to alert the AI.

#100 10/05/09 22:10

Samer
Website

Mukade wrote:

The one thing that i noticed was his last punch is very delayed. I know you can't change this, stuff to do with animations etc. but otherwise, well done.

Actually i think i can ... the first 3 punches came from striker and the 4th from elite .. there is in the TRAM xml this line
<Pause>
            <Hard>0</Hard>
            <Soft>0</Soft>
</Pause>

It determined how much time he pauses after the animation i had to increase this for his forward kick since it came from ninja's PPK and was very fast. he could keep doing 5 of them in 1 sec tongue

in the punches i kept the pause 0 ... but I haven't thought of giving it a negative value like -1  that might increase it's speed and open many other doors for linking animations big_smile i'll let u know once i have time to test that theory ^_^

Board footer