Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 03/19/10 21:03

Mukade

Re: My drawings

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I do understand it though, but you don't tell me it doesn't give you satisfaction when you finish a painting of that quality. Hell I couldn't draw something a quarter that good if my life depended on it.

@Northero  cool

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#152 03/19/10 21:03

northero
Website

haha I agree with Mukade since my art got 40/100 when I *TRIED* to draw the only surviving seven wonders of the world. Hey btw guys, I'm back to active form now after focusing more on my studies big_smile and to T_W_D, UR WORK ARE BRILLIANT big_smile

Last edited by northero (03/19/10 21:03)

You can fool some of the people all the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time

#153 03/19/10 22:03

Mukade

yeah, and T_W_D, you say you did all that with a round brush i photoshop?
a) how long did it take you?
b) Did you have a point of reference (a picture) or was it from your head

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#154 03/20/10 11:03

T_W_D

you don't tell me it doesn't give you satisfaction when you finish a painting of that quality

Actually, no. So far I wasn't fully satisfied with any of my pics.

you say you did all that with a round brush i photoshop?

Yes.

how long did it take you?

Have no idea. I can't just sit and draw, I distract constantly on movies, interweb, phone calls, sudden guests, chatting with roommates and the like. All in all, it's about 6 or 7 hours (and trying to understand what exactly to draw takes the most of it).

Did you have a point of reference (a picture) or was it from your head

What do you take me for? I don't do rip offs.

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#155 03/20/10 11:03

3llense'g

T_W_D wrote:

What do you take me for? I don't do rip offs.

Quote of the day, that. smile

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#156 03/20/10 11:03

Iritscen

Many artists use photos and models for references.  Although I do think it's cooler to produce something without looking at a reference, even great artists will acknowledge the need for models when trying to paint humans in the highest detail.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#157 03/20/10 12:03

T_W_D

I prefer not to cheat. I sometimes use references, but only to understand, how the object should look like, and I never make these sketches the actual drawings.

#158 03/31/10 22:03

Mukade

I don't mind drawing things like vehicles, weapons and such, because they have no rules or boundries of which you have to follow, things like people and animals i find VERY difficult because they all have set proportions, which I've never been able to truely duplicate, espcially facial features, nose, mouth head shape etc...

#159 04/01/10 04:04

T_W_D

because they have no rules or boundries of which you have to follow

Wrong. Everything has, especially complicated things like vehicles and weapons. To draw a good gun, even a non-existant one, you must know the details a general gun consists of. Actually, that's a rule of drawing everything else. To know what details make an object, their function and their general shape.

#160 04/01/10 23:04

Mukade

still, ALL humans beings need to follow exact constraints, for a weapon or vehicle, they may need certain elements, but I get to make a lot of those up myself, or change them as I please. I do know that they need to have details, but those can be twisted big_smile
If you draw a nose for example a bit off, it looks terrible, if I draw a trigger a little off, people have never seen anything like that drawn before so they can't pick it out smile

#161 04/02/10 12:04

T_W_D

Of course. The most difficult things to draw are those you see every day. It's in our genes to recognise faces. That's why uglyness repels.

#162 04/02/10 13:04

Mukade

You've hit the nail on the head big_smile

Board footer