Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 08/16/09 03:08

T_W_D

Where was Griffin?

I wonder, where was he when Syndicate raided the TCTF HQ? Retreated to Omega bunker or what? Why didn't he lead the building defence? Maybe he thought his person is too valuable, but it didn't stop him from going after Muro himself at the end of the game.

Fanfiction should be viewed as a property damage.

#2 08/16/09 04:08

Gumby

Re: Where was Griffin?

It showed in the opening cutscene, his elevator-desk-thing let him get away from Konoko. Her target was him, and revenge for Shinatama. He knows that if he lets her get close, she will kick his ass. So he retreats into the safest part of the base, where he can use the TCTF computer to monitor the building. He does seem to order some sort defense, given that there was at least one point where a trap was laid for Konoko.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 08/16/09 04:08

dream996

i don't really get i sentence.....you saw to that ????what does that really mean =[

PunBB bbcode test

#4 08/16/09 04:08

T_W_D

It showed in the opening cutscene

I mean when Syndicate attacked the HQ, not when Konoko came "searching for answers".

#5 08/16/09 04:08

dream996

i bet giffin will be in somewhere like the last bit of the level 13 of or in the level one opening cutsence stand in front of the computer with kerr .....or maybe in the opening cutsence of level 7......well .....it never menition anything so ....somewhere hidden places

PunBB bbcode test

#6 08/16/09 08:08

Iritscen

Weird, I never thought about that before.  Griffin should have been leading the defense of the HQ, but he's nowhere to be seen.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 08/16/09 08:08

dream996

i think he is the one who left the tctf first instead of leading the defense  maybe shinatama is doing it as well .....

PunBB bbcode test

#8 08/16/09 08:08

T_W_D

maybe shinatama is doing it as well

I can only imagine how  lol

#9 08/16/09 08:08

dream996

it would be quite cool when shiny is leading  =]]]

PunBB bbcode test

#10 08/16/09 08:08

T_W_D

Shinatama surely could track what was going on, but I don't think she had tactical and/or commanding skills.

#11 08/16/09 09:08

adorage

Yeah Griffin probably thought he was too important to risk his life in that fight. He clearly thinks his position in the TCTF hierarchy gives him the right to use "his" soldiers in whatever way he wants. Whether it's cutting back the funding of vital programs to build a bunker for himself or sacrificing dozens of people to stop Konoko when he knows that he's actually the only one who has anything to fear from her (other than the syndicate).

In the end he did fight Muro but... well, that was after Konoko kicked him in the face and threatened to shoot him ^^

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#12 08/16/09 10:08

Iritscen

Yeah, it doesn't mean that Griffin and Konoko would have been buddies after that point, just that he saw an opportunity to take down Muro by fighting at the same time as Konoko.

#13 08/16/09 10:08

EdT
Website

Of course, there is the simple answer.  He was not working at the time of the attack.  You can't expect him to be at headquarters 24/7 365 days a year! :-)

#14 08/16/09 10:08

Iritscen

Hmm, somehow I never imagined Griffin punching out, going home, and relaxing in front of the television.  I sorta assumed that he lives in the HQ building.  But there's not really any evidence for that, I just never thought about it before.

#15 08/16/09 10:08

dream996

Of course, there is the simple answer.  He was not working at the time of the attack.  You can't expect him to be at headquarters 24/7 365 days a year! :-)

tctf hq is his home already ...i think  tongue  anyway.....it never mention anything about it .....maybe he think konoko will be able to handle it

PunBB bbcode test

#16 08/16/09 11:08

Leus
Website

Hmm...  This inspires a pretty much unrelated wonder.  Are those rooms in the cutscenes actually somewhere in the level or are the cutscenes prerecorded?  Like could you fly around level 7 and somehow find that office in which Konoko and Griffin are talking at the beginning?

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#17 08/16/09 11:08

Lithium

well there was no way he could've been in that room. Because, in chapter 13, it says that they finished installing that elevator thing. And theres no way he could make it from all the way up there to the room. And when u go up on the roof the desk is still here. So just my thoughts. Hmm any one ever just press up at the beggining of chapter 13? cuz as soon after that cutscene, i always press up on accident and die

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#18 08/16/09 11:08

adorage

EdT wrote:

Now that you mention it, I think Knoko mentions in her diary that the attack came when the HQ was understaffed. I would look it up but my installation is broken and only shows half the words in the game.

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#19 08/16/09 12:08

T_W_D

I think Knoko mentions in her diary that the attack came when the HQ was understaffed

I've checked. It's never told, in the diary at least. Besides, it could be understaffed, but the head commandment must've stayed. And she mentions the attack began from the top, "which explans the helicopters", because the command center was on the top.

#20 08/16/09 14:08

3llense'g

Leus wrote:

Hmm...  This inspires a pretty much unrelated wonder.  Are those rooms in the cutscenes actually somewhere in the level or are the cutscenes prerecorded?  Like could you fly around level 7 and somehow find that office in which Konoko and Griffin are talking at the beginning?

Aren't those part of a different level? I think someone mentioned it with screenshots in another thread.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#21 08/16/09 15:08

Lithium

it says graveyard shift. Means the place is pretty dead without anything important goiung on

#22 08/16/09 15:08

Gumby

All cutscene rooms are in the level somewhere.

#23 08/17/09 10:08

Lithium

where are those rooms in particular?

(being stuck in a hospital where only OCF and google is avaivable is no fun)

#24 08/17/09 14:08

Gumby

It depends on the level.

#25 08/17/09 17:08

Lithium