if you wanna know someone....

if you wanna know someone or try to make him/her to be your firend
what is the first sentence or things you are going to say  neutral

PunBB bbcode test

#2 08/09/09 11:08

Leus
Website

Re: if you wanna know someone....

Just be yourself; if you find a friend by frontin' then you'll never feel free in the friendship.

Alliteration.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#3 08/09/09 13:08

Lithium

Threaten them with a gun er i mean be nice and dont use a gun, use a knife cuz everybody knows it takes a real man to go up and stab someone. No but seriously i always talk about stuff me and my friends like.  sometimes i get friends and most of the time enemies (whom i can stab)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 08/09/09 14:08

Ether

I make sure we get some time somewhere alone and try anything that might be interesting.

But, to have an advantage, it's good to get to know him/her a bit in a conversation with his/her and my mutual friends. Then I'm free to use any topic from the previous conversation to start my own.

#5 08/09/09 15:08

Lithium

thats good to. But theres sometimes people who are jerks anyway (to stab)

#6 08/09/09 15:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Leus wrote:

Just be yourself; if you find a friend by frontin' then you'll never feel free in the friendship.

Alliteration.

#7 08/09/09 16:08

Lithium

why did u do that

#8 08/09/09 16:08

Dirk Gently
Website

Because I am agreeing with what Leus said. I don't see the need to say more than what he had already said, so I just quoted his post.

#9 08/09/09 16:08

Lithium

well an amen could've worked

#10 08/09/09 19:08

Iritscen

Well, when you're moderator you'll be able to tell people how to do things, oxe161.  Like if I were to say, "Don't criticize the way people post".  See what I did there?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#11 08/09/09 19:08

Gumby

Iritscen, make me a burrito.

...Nope, not working. Blam.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 08/09/09 20:08

Iritscen

That's because our arcane moderator powers cancel each other out.

#13 08/09/09 20:08

Gumby

I figured as much.

#14 08/09/09 22:08

love_Oni

Just say what you like to say. You don't have to be too closed with everybody. For example, you can talk about your favorites, your likings... and if your friends have the same feelings, you can become closed with them. If not, then treat them nice and you still can have good relation with them.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#15 08/09/09 22:08

dream996

by the way guy im only asking the way you would do not teach me how to do it =]
feel free to share it =]]

PunBB bbcode test

#16 08/10/09 08:08

Iritscen

You should make an effort not to talk about just one interest of yours each time you're with them/their friends.  Keep mixing things up so you don't sound like you're only interested in one thing.  Sometimes just by engaging in small talk, rather than trying to guide the conversation, you can end up discovering that you have something in common that you didn't even think of.  I was chatting with someone I didn't know well, but who seemed kind of nerdy (like me), and so I had started the conversation on the topic of computers figuring we would find something in common there, but it turned out he isn't that "into" computers.  I let the conversation drift away from that by commenting on the weather (yes, really; we were standing outside), and eventually we started discussing sports, which led to the discovery that we both enjoy tennis.  See?  I didn't think we would have that in common, but by just drifting through different topics it worked out better than if I kept blathering about computers, or if I started the old, "So, what music do you like?" kind of questions, which I personally hate when others ask me.

Also -- and take this to heart with caution -- it's good to do stuff for other people.  So maybe it's as simple as lending them a DVD, or giving them a ride somewhere.  The danger is that some people overdo this, and use favors as a substitute for "meaningful interaction", and it makes people uncomfortable because it's obvious they're trying to become your friend.  But helping people out with things once in a while simply shows that you're a nice person, and being nice is sometimes the main thing somebody wants in a friend, even more than common interests.  That's how I met my best friend -- by wanting to be around somebody nice.  Finding common interests was almost just an excuse for us to hang out, ultimately.

#17 08/10/09 15:08

Lithium

thats a really nice theory there iritscen. and well i really didnt undertsand what he meant. Maybe he clud've meant to make us read that carefully. And that means i dont have to listen to gumby about using memes. Oh wait i do or i get banned silly me.

Last edited by Lithium (08/10/09 15:08)

#18 08/10/09 15:08

Gumby

oxe161 wrote:

thats a really nice theory there iritscen. and well i really didnt undertsand what he meant. Maybe he clud've meant to make us read that carefully. And that means i dont have to listen to gumby about using memes. Oh wait i do or i get banned silly me.

You aren't a spambot or posting warez, so I can't ban you, as tempting as it may be. wink Question: if you were a mod and I was posting spammy, meme filled posts, would you ban me?

If you don't read something carefully, how do you expect to understand it?

#19 08/10/09 17:08

Lithium

well no, cuz you cant control someones expressions. But then again i do have the power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 08/12/09 01:08

Shade

Who needs friends any way if someones going to stab you in the back the next day? I learned my lesson, you can't trust people.

Last edited by Shade (08/12/09 01:08)

#21 08/12/09 03:08

dream996

i kind of agree with you ..=](shade) it happened quite a few times but that doesn't apply to everyone to be honest =]

PunBB bbcode test

#22 08/12/09 09:08

Leus
Website

Give honesty to the world and you should get it in return.  Trust always and leave your heart open, and eventually something good will come in.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#23 08/12/09 09:08

love_Oni

So as Iritscen said, I think that a friend can come in two ways. First, friend in the same favorites, the same liking, the same feeling. You can talk with them about you, about life, so you can have ease time. Second, the friend in need, who helps you, who treats kind with you.

One must do both the two things to have good friends. A friend who only talks about favorite cannot become your true friend. A friend who only helps you cannot be understandable, and is easy to be taken advantage of naivety.

And I'm trying to be a good friend. I think I should do the both things  tongue

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#24 08/12/09 13:08

Lithium

Shade wrote:

Who needs friends any way if someones going to stab you in the back the next day? I learned my lesson, you can't trust people.

well its a thing that happens in life. Try not to remember the backstab but instead all the good times you had with that person.
(ah yes eleazar u were a good friend u low life mother-TRANSMISSION ENDED-)

Board footer