Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/24/09 20:07

Leus
Website

At the risk of losing respect...

...anyone here smoke weed?  smile

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#2 07/24/09 22:07

love_Oni

Re: At the risk of losing respect...

"The risk of losing respect"? lol sorry I don't understand what you mean.

"...anyone here smoke weed?"
Thanks. I don't smoke. But I would be happy if you invite me a glass of beer.  big_smile

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#3 07/25/09 10:07

Leus
Website

I thought bringing up weed in a place like this might lose me some respect among the community, but I decided not to make any premature judgments.

Speaking of alcohol, man, it was terrible.  I had ONE drink the other night.  ONE!  I didn't even drink the whole thing, and I was like seriously so tipsy bordering on drunk, then I passed out for an hour then I puked.  I'm a huge alcohol bitch.  Drinking sucks.  I mean being buzzed/tipsy/drunk is cool but everything else that goes along with it sucks and is usually not worth it unless I smoke at the same time, which quells nausea and headaches and overall just makes for a better time.

P.S.:  This drunk-n-high part of my life is in the past; I don't smoke anymore and I don't really drink either (I've never really drank much) except the other night because the opportunity just presented itself.  However, I'm in full support; some of the best times of my life, back then.  smile  Just wondering if there are any other supporters possibly with a good story or two.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#4 07/25/09 11:07

Lithium

the only members here with respect are the loooooooooooongtiiiiiiiiiiime members, but most seem to be gone. And i wouldnt suggest talking about that here, HArry might be watching... o_.               ._o                     -_-
                                                                                            (looks left)     (looks right)      (safe for now)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#5 07/25/09 20:07

love_Oni

Just kidding. I don't even drink beer.  big_smile

I remember when I saw my father drinking beer, I ask him taste it. Guess it, my father agreed, I tried to drink it and I spat because it tasted bitter. Haha, then I asked my father: why so many people like this kind of bitter drink instead of soft drink 'cause it's even worse than a Coca-cola. Lol

And I remember when I saw my father smoking I told him that I want to have a try, then I choked. I was only 6 at that time.

#6 07/25/09 20:07

Leus
Website

Beer is terrible.  I'll only drink hard liquour.

#7 07/25/09 21:07

Lithium

love_Oni wrote:

Just kidding. I don't even drink beer.  big_smile

I remember when I saw my father drinking beer, I ask him taste it. Guess it, my father agreed, I tried to drink it and I spat because it tasted bitter. Haha, then I asked my father: why so many people like this kind of bitter drink instead of soft drink 'cause it's even worse than a Coca-cola. Lol

And I remember when I saw my father smoking I told him that I want to have a try, then I choked. I was only 6 at that time.

i was 4 i choked to. And my mom offers me a drink of beer. And i say no. But my sister shes barely 12 and drinks beer, margaritas and likes to taste everything. Im gonna be 15 in september and still dont like beer. And funny thing i drank when i was 1 cuz i thought it was sod or juice. This stupid country

#8 07/25/09 21:07

love_Oni

Whatever...

I used to ask my parents why people drinks beer. My parents said when I grow up, I have to learn to drink beer. Why? They said because of the social relation. I think it's true.

#9 07/25/09 21:07

Lithium

No literally this runs in the family. My grandma, my mom, my sis, my daughter probably, my grandaughter and on

#10 07/25/09 23:07

Leus
Website

I used to ask my parents why people drinks beer. My parents said when I grow up, I have to learn to drink beer. Why? They said because of the social relation. I think it's true.

That's so fucked up if you ask me, especially because of how accurate it is.  Those who don't drink are such a minority as I'm coming to find more and more increasingly every day; so many people will light heartedly discuss an evening of getting so drunk they puked and couldn't do shit for the next two days, but a ton of those same people will talk down on smoking weed, a substance regarding which nobody has a story involving puking or pain or anything like that.

And the whole prescription drugs world, don't even get me started.  I'm an American and my culture is so fucked up, and I'm only talking about one very small aspect of it too.

#11 07/25/09 23:07

Gumby

In my opinion, cheap beer exists for the sole purpose of getting completely wasted. smile

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 07/26/09 08:07

Leus
Website

^In my opinion, that's why liquor exists.  With beer you simply would have to drink too much to have it be worth it.  With liquor it's painful but quick.

#13 07/26/09 09:07

dream996

anythingbutoni!!! ''At the risk oflosing respect... ''....it won't...whywould youloseanyrespect ....
OH... idon'tsmoke ....i don'tlikethe smellof it( when someoewalkpassme)

PunBB bbcode test

#14 07/26/09 10:07

Lithium

Get used to it. More than 60% of people smoke a joint everyday

#15 07/26/09 11:07

love_Oni

Luckily there aren't many people smoke 'round me.

#16 07/26/09 11:07

Iritscen

Myself, I'm all for clean living and not altering my mood for recreational purposes.  The only drug I take is aspirin, and only when my headaches prevent me from getting stuff done.  It's not others' respect I'm concerned about, but my own for myself.  But of course different people have different standards that they set for themselves, it's a personal thing.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#17 07/26/09 13:07

Ether

Various people asked me why I don't drink beer. I said it's because of its bitter taste. Every one of them said the same thing: 'Yeah, but you get used to it.' I still don't understand why (for the purposes of a good talk in a pub) beer is better than Coke or soda or whatever. Maybe one thing - beer is cheaper in our country.

Regarding all that, I agree with Iritscen. It makes me sad when I realize that people *think* they have to drink to have fun. Another thing is that drinking makes you legally incapable of driving and I prefer not to be wasted when something happens.

#18 07/26/09 14:07

Lithium

i like how beer smells but it tastes horrible. ANd i dont think ill ever get into beer, like the nerd.

#19 07/26/09 18:07

dream996

love_Oni wrote:

Luckily there aren't many people smoke 'round me.

same !!!!= =''i hate that smell !

PunBB bbcode test

#20 07/26/09 19:07

love_Oni

I don't know that beer is used to be cheaper. In my country a bottle of beer is threefold or fivefold more expensive than a bottle of Coca or any soft drink. They drink beer much.

But I think I'll drink beer someday. Of course I'm not going to drink beer much. I don't say I like its taste, but I admit that beer can give appetite.

#21 07/27/09 11:07

adorage

I don't like beer either. I think what makes the taste tolerable for many people is that they come to associate it with good memories. After going to a concert, I always even like the smell of cigarettes for a while, which I usually hate with a passion.

I love MEAD! *lol* of course as a metalhead I am legally required to like it.

And I tried weed, twice, but for some reason it didn't have an effect on me.

Last edited by adorage (07/27/09 12:07)

You're all like... like big fat failure turtles!

#22 07/27/09 15:07

Lithium

hey havent seen you in a while. We mexicans drink beer while listening to ranchera and we start to cry.

#23 07/27/09 19:07

Leus
Website

I don't like beer either. I think what makes the taste tolerable for many people is that they come to associate it with good memories. After going to a concert, I always even like the smell of cigarettes for a while, which I usually hate with a passion.

I think that's accurate.  I really have enjoyed being intoxicated on alcohol despite all the bad side effects that make it not worth it, so sometimes now when I smell that nasty smell or taste that harsh burn, it's somehow very slightly enjoyable.

And I tried weed, twice, but for some reason it didn't have an effect on me.

I didn't get high until my fourth time smoking, and when it hit me I knew immediately.  It was like I floated off into the sky, and during that night's experience I realized that I was seeing the world with the amazement of a child once again, and ever since then I knew I would always love weed.

Anyway, point being, sometimes it takes a couple tries to really feel it.  You get better about letting it take effect both mentally and physically the more experience you have.

#24 07/31/09 02:07

Stevinlewis

Over here beer is S$14.50 while coke is S$1.30. See the difference? and dream996. i dont wana insult u or anythin but are you sure ur 13? im 13 and i dont even act like that

#25 07/31/09 07:07

AdamBast

adorage wrote:

...And I tried weed, twice, but for some reason it didn't have an effect on me...

Same with me, 2 tries, no effect.
Sometimes I like beer, sometimes I don't, it really depends on my mood.
I prefer liquors (especially whisk(e)y) to beer.

My head is bangin'
You're killing me
Please don't stop

Board footer