Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/08/09 12:07

Shade

Oni PS2 Errors.

I really don't know what caused this error to occur. But I remembered back when I was living in my old town. They had a Blockbuster up the road miles away from where I used to live. They had Oni there for rent and I rented Oni for the Ps2. It had the disk and everything. Well here's what happened. I have the fat Playstation 2 and I tried running and playing Oni on it. It brought me to the TCTF training sequence level and I tried playing it on there to go to the first level. Well what irritated me was when I was playing threw that level. My PS2 started burning up and the fan went really high and it was making allot of weird noises which caused Oni to crashed.

Which I find weird because it always worked for my regular Ps2 Games but when I put Oni in there it wasn't working at all and it was giving me problems. Does anyone know what could cause Oni not to work on my Ps2? My other Ps2 games work fine on it but some how my Ps2 didn't liked the Oni game I rented at Blockbuster. I know I like to play Oni on the PC but I would like to play Oni on the PS2 for once to show my friends how much of an awesome game it is.

Last edited by Shade (07/08/09 12:07)

#2 07/08/09 12:07

Iritscen

Re: Oni PS2 Errors.

That sounds like a bad disc (scratched, smudged, etc.).  I am pretty sure that normally never happens to Oni players on the PS2 smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

That sounds like a bad disc (scratched, smudged, etc.).  I am pretty sure that normally never happens to Oni players on the PS2 smile

Yeah that's what I figured. Hopefully if I ever decide to get a bran new Oni disk for my Ps2. It wont cause any problems. Some how when Blockbuster lets people rent their DVDs, Movies, etc. The people never take care of the disks.

#4 07/08/09 14:07

Iritscen

Is there something you find more enjoyable about Oni on the PS2 compared to the PC?  I'm just curious because most people prefer the PC version, and it's moddable, as opposed to the console port.

#5 07/08/09 14:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:

Is there something you find more enjoyable about Oni on the PS2 compared to the PC?  I'm just curious because most people prefer the PC version, and it's moddable, as opposed to the console port.

Well true, But sometimes I like to play my games on the PS2 for once. And I can show my friends what the game looks like from School also so they wont have to watch me play it over my head. They can just sit on the couch and watch me play it. Sometimes playing the games on the TV is better big_smile I do play Oni on the PC though. And I'm still learning how to mod Oni. Sometimes playing games on TV is relaxing.

Last edited by Shade (07/08/09 14:07)

#6 07/08/09 14:07

Iritscen

Shade wrote:

Sometimes playing the games on the TV is better.

No argument here!  And I guess it is a better way to show Oni to someone.  You could easily take a rented disc over to their house, for instance.  Not so easy with a computer game that is going to take up HD space if they want to install it.

#7 07/08/09 14:07

Gumby

*Considers looking for the cord to hook up his computer to his TV*

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#8 07/08/09 15:07

Shade

Iritscen wrote:
Shade wrote:

Sometimes playing the games on the TV is better.

No argument here!  And I guess it is a better way to show Oni to someone.  You could easily take a rented disc over to their house, for instance.  Not so easy with a computer game that is going to take up HD space if they want to install it.

Yeah, What the problem is if your going to show Oni to a friend, You wont have to intall the game on their parents computer. Because parents always question stuff asking where they got the game from, etc. That's why I always show my friends the games on the consoles.  Once I wanted to show my friend my game so I brought it over to his house once I stayed the night there. And he really liked it and got into it. Plus I don't have a computer of my very own yet. If I want to play Oni, I can just get the PS2 version and sit back and chill while my parents or brothers are using the computer. It's pretty sad being 18 and being jobless at the same time.

Last edited by Shade (07/08/09 15:07)

#9 07/08/09 15:07

Gumby

Better than 19 and jobless.

Anyways, you can copy Oni to a flash drive and run it from there, no problem.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#10 07/08/09 15:07

Iritscen

Better than 27 and jobless!

#11 07/08/09 15:07

Shade

I agree with both of you smile Being 18 and trying to get a job is hard if your shy. I saw my self spelled install wrong.

#12 07/08/09 23:07

3llense'g

Better than 24, and PS2less! tongue

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

Board footer