Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/06/09 10:07

dream996

Barbas running with the gun? (swing on his hand)

Barbas running with the gun? how can we do that??
and one more thing .....the computer (AI) can run without aiming (if u knw wt i mean)
when i control i person (any) they will have to run with the gun aiming and the computer can run without aiming (runing really normal with the gun (swing his gun on his hand when he is running)) just like the green personhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3zCJNVk1Rc

Last edited by dream996 (08/05/09 01:08)

PunBB bbcode test

#2 07/06/09 10:07

Iritscen

Re: Barbas running with the gun? (swing on his hand)

To run with the WMC, use the WMC Lite in the Edition.  Use the Cycle Weapons cheat (F7) until you get the WMC with a blue edge on the bottom, not red.  It may be unrealistic, but you'll be able to run and gun with it.

The second question is trickier to answer.  AIs handle guns a bit differently than Konoko (for instance, they can't holster like she can).  It would be a nice touch if she swung the gun as she ran -- but only it was out of ammo.  I don't think it's possible, however.  Oni's devs probably set her to always point the gun as she runs, so that you could run and shoot at targets.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 07/06/09 11:07

TOCS

I'v been wondering the same for a long time, thanks for the question/answer.

#4 07/06/09 13:07

dream996

i sometime still aim when i run ,i just think it will be cooler !and what actually is the WMC Lite

PunBB bbcode test

#5 07/06/09 13:07

Iritscen

It's Barabas' Wave Motion Cannon, but hacked so you can run with it.  You'll see for yourself when you install the Edition, right? smile

#6 07/06/09 14:07

dream996

install what Edition? where? =]]thx 4 helping

PunBB bbcode test

#7 07/06/09 14:07

Iritscen

This is the newest release: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=676

But frankly I'd rather you wait a little longer before installing it, since a new release is coming very very soon, and it will be easier to install.

#8 08/05/09 01:08

dream996

i think i get it ... the ai cannot put their gun in to their trouser and disappear like konoko roll  they will have to swing on their hand like in the Konoko Payue ....  so peirre might can have a solution in the post  big_smile

PunBB bbcode test

#9 08/05/09 01:08

Gumby

It would suck if they did that, because I don't think killing someone makes them drop all their guns currently. wink

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#10 08/05/09 01:08

dream996

drop all their guns ??( i  think the ai is only allow one gun each)
by the way i don't really get what you talking about =[

PunBB bbcode test

#11 08/05/09 02:08

Gumby

If someone has a holstered gun and they are killed, the gun isn't dropped.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 08/05/09 02:08

dream996

i never said changing the way that wahtever the AI is doing... im talking about konoko

PunBB bbcode test

#13 08/05/09 16:08

Loser

Dream996:

You can swing the loaded gun by pressing secondary control for punch. I have it on "k" by default. No, you cannot run in "relaxed" pose with a loaded gun. But yes, you can perform running punch with loaded gun by pressing secondary control for punch while running with loaded gun.

Running with Wave Motion Cannon is originally allowed only for AI2s thanks to the flag in ONWC file of the WMC weapon. This flag restricts wielder of the WMC to walk, but somehow it does not affect AI2s, only player is affected ( bug? Only Barabus ONCC class should "ignore" effect this flag, rest AI2 powered classes should be restricted as well ).

Some experiments with AI2 holstering weapons have been made. Result: Until we can do something engine-wise, AI2s won't holster weapons like Konoko. Technically they can ( and you can even force them via *chr_forceholster* command to do it ), but problem is that you cannot make them "holster this particular weapon if enemy comes this specific range, unholster if distance is safe", which should be specific values for each weapon. Simply put: Another engine limitation.

Gumby:
When character is killed, the moment it finally "dies" ( shadow disappears ), holstered weapon is dropped. Looks a bit funny, but works nevertheless.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (08/05/09 16:08)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#14 08/05/09 23:08

love_Oni

Loser wrote:

Gumby:
When character is killed, the moment it finally "dies" ( shadow disappears ), holstered weapon is dropped. Looks a bit funny, but works nevertheless.

I just have tried it. Interesting, and funny too.   big_smile

By the way Loser, I'm glad that you've spent some of your time to the forum. I got some questions about modding TRAM, which I think can only be answered by you.

1- How do you cut frames in TRAM? I remember seeing one of your movies before, which you shown the faster lariat performed by Konoko, which I think you cut some last frames in her move's animation.

2- In fact, it's very complicated to create a new animation. But is it possible to combine moves, by cutting a part of this animation and *stick* it with a part of another animation? If it is possible, then how?

I'm sorry if those 2 questions make you busy a bit, but feel free to answer them at anytime. If they're too hard, just leave them be.

Thanks in advance  smile

Last edited by love_Oni (08/05/09 23:08)

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#15 08/06/09 12:08

Loser

Love_Oni:

1.) You simply change number of frames and duration.

Whole process of making lariat ( I wanted to shorten all throws, to make them less punishing for thrower since they were planned to be semi-vulnerable... sigh, forget it... ) looks like this:

- pick the throw animation you want to mod.
- create simple function in BSL file of some level, should look like this:

func void ThrowCapture(void)
{
chr_debug_characters = 1
cm_canter_unarmed = 0
cm_orbit (90,90)
chr_wait_animtype 0 crouch
sleep 25
chr_animate 0 "name of animation"
sleep 100
fork ThrowCapture
}

- fork this function from some savepoint ( so some of your savepoints will contain "fork ThrowCapture" command )

- get into the game, pick your level and your savepoint. Activate developer mode. Press SHIFT + L. Oni will start taking screenshot every frame. Thanks to crouch command being binded on SHIFT by default, it will also trigger replay of wanted animation.

- Exit Oni, you will notice bunch of pictures. This is your animation, being broken into frame-by-frame sequence. Thanks to chr_debug_characters = 1 command, you can even see numbers of separate frames.

- Now you decide how much you want to short animation. Then simply write new length of animation as a "number of frames" and "duration in 1/60 seconds". Save and try it.

- If everything went OK, you will see that animation is shortened but it jerks a bit when it ends and character transits to some other animation. Use "end interpolation" so long that it smoothens transition.

- That is all. Now you can make it even more cool by adding "soft pause trick":

-- For example we have shortened Konoko's Lariat, but it allows us to do whatever we want quite quickly. Too quickly. Nevermind, put some "soft pause" into Lariat animation ( KONCOMrun_throw_fw ).

-- But now it is good for nothing that we shortened animation, when we artificially prolong it again. Not really. You can now add two link to some two moves ( direct link1, direct link2, it is used by combos originally ) which can be performed the moment Lariat animation ends, no need to wait until soft pause ends.

--So In the end we can have Lariat which ends sooner than original one, but still slows you down a bit. But for example we have direct links to kick back ( KONCOMkick_bk ) and cartwheel back ( KONCOMcrouch_bk ) animations. Then kick back and cartwheel left can be done instantly when Lariat animation ends, no need to wait for soft pause to fade away.

That is all. You can make quick rolls this way - shorten knockdown animations, then give them moderately long soft pause and then add direct link to appropriate getup rolls. that way if player reacts fast enough, she/he gains instant getup. Otherwise, she/he is forced to lay on the ground long enough for AI2s to stomp the player.

Plus this does not collide with fallen shooting system, so you can use guns on the ground while you are waiting for soft pause to fade away. That gives one reason to use fallen shooting system.

2.)

As far as I know, Neo added new feature for exporting animations from XSI mod tools. I will maybe look on it. Meanwhile, joining animations as you have described is work worth for masochists. Dead end.

Loser

Last edited by Loser (08/06/09 12:08)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#16 08/06/09 14:08

Iritscen

Yep, OniSplit exports animations now, I've seen it for myself.  You use "-extract:xml target_folder TRACblahblah.oni" and the resulting DAE will have animation data.

#17 08/06/09 19:08

dream996

well i don't really want them to  holstered weapon ....i just want konoko can do it as well ....( maybe by pressing soming else to hold the weapon *like the Ai* and *Q for the normal  holstered weapon * that is what i wanna do )

PunBB bbcode test

#18 08/06/09 19:08

Iritscen

It's probably not gonna happen, sorry dream996.  It's beyond our abilities at this point.

Board footer