Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/14/07 12:05

EL

Konoko vs Rayne

onivsbloodrayneoy9.th.jpg
I've been thinking of this for awhile. Bloodrayne happens to be one of my other favorite games. So who would win in this all out chick fight! Would Konoko do some crazy combo and finish her off in one move? Would Rayne just suck the blood out of Konoko?

I know the majority here are gonna say Konoko would win tongue but I felt like making a vs thread.
Also, you know my photoshop skills are awesome...

Next thread...
Shinatama vs Tachikoma

Last edited by EL (05/14/07 12:05)

elgamercarduj3.jpg

#2 05/14/07 13:05

SektorZ
Website

Re: Konoko vs Rayne

Shinatama will lose against anyone.

But this.. They're both kick ass girls, or women. Rayne should be in her middle 20's, when Konoko's about 30. At least judging by voices and looks (although that's not really sure). They both kill zillions of people in their games, so I guess it's a tie-ish situaation. Rayne has blades. Konoko has marital arts. Or something. I can't really decide, but of course I'd bet on Konoko, if they make Oni2 with today's technologies, she'll look much cooler and hotter than Rayne :3
But with no Oni 2, who can compare both when they're so very different. And yet similar in idea.

#3 05/14/07 13:05

geyser
Website

Shinatama - not sure. She's survived self-nuking. So as a kamikaze, she'd rock...

Konoko's supposed to be no older than 20. My opinion. Although the original voice artist is more "mature".
Not sure what would happen if Rayne attempts to vampirize Mai (Mai is not 100% human, remember?)
I have a grudge against most vampire chicks out there: they usually suck (pun intended).
Never played Blood Rayne. Have seen some cool "vamps" in Blade and Underworld.

Actually, one would have trouble making the two fight. Rayne and BR is largely bloody.
Oni is a much more larger-public fighter (blunt hits, no blood, more like wrestling). Flashes and all that.
If the two are to fight each other, either Konoko will have to bleed, or Rayne will have to do without blood.
The revision is more dramatic for Rayne (she needs blood "by core design"). Konoko is more flexible smile

BTW... Why is this "off-topic"?

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 05/14/07 14:05

SektorZ
Website

As Geyser said, Konoko's supposed to be really young, but Amanda Winn Lee's voice sounds really mature, as me said, pretty much around 30 smile
Konoko's armored, Rayne will break her jaw, not to mention she'll suck the daodan and become even more vampirized. It's fun to think about it =P

Last edited by SektorZ (05/14/07 14:05)

#5 05/14/07 14:05

geyser
Website

Thanks, sektor smile

That's the whole point. Vampirization works if the victim is subdued by Rayne and doesn't shake her away. And I'm not sure Konoko is human enough to be wiled by vampires in the first place.
As for Konoko's blood sample (the little Rayne manages to suck in before Konoko's wounds close up), there might be some blood group issues. What kind of blood does Konoko have, and is Rayne ready for it?
Anyway, how Konoko's "hyperevolved clone" would interact with the body of someone who's not Konoko is far from obvious. The Chrysalis is one with the host (originally at least), so upgrading someone else... not sure.

big_smile

Also, you know my photoshop skills are awesome...

Impressive indeed. How does one manage to squeeze one pic and stretch the other?
And after another look, no, Rayne is not my idea of hot. Way too much of a bimbo.

Last edited by geyser (05/14/07 14:05)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#6 05/14/07 14:05

SektorZ
Website

Let's compare guns. In BR2, Rayne gets to shoot with some lame blood-powered gun, can this beat the guns from the Oni world? Meee thinks not. Actually if we think deeeeeeeply which I love to do, Rayne will suck nothing (heh), because there's no blood in Oni.

In Oni's world, Rayne will have a round shadow, be able to do all kinds of cool karate (or some other scary word) moves and beat up people in more pretty ways, because she's sort of limited in her game.
In BloodRayne's word, Konoko will be an ultra detailed hot chick with the lastest shaders including bumpmapping, she'll actually be able to kill people instead of just knocking them out or whatever's the excuse in Oni.

It's always sweet to mix games. Let's look even deeper underground - they're both ALTERED chicks, Konoko has her daodan, Rayne has her dampire thing. Konoko will do a devil spin kick, Rayne will jump with the blades, Konoko will lose a leg, Rayne will lose a toof... Actually let's give Konoko a sniper rifle (how I call the bow thing), Konoko will shoot, Rayne will do a triple backflip and never move again. Now give Rayne the first attack - she'll start sucking Konoko's blood, Konoko will suddenly have a daodan blast thing and rayne will do a triple side flip in pieces. I guess it's all about the fantasy :3

Maybe if we get them to fight in mud..

Last edited by SektorZ (05/14/07 14:05)

#7 05/14/07 14:05

geyser
Website

can this beat the guns from the Oni world?

Wait till you see the new ones... I'll be giving you half a dozen more weapons Very Soon(TM).

because there's no blood in Oni.

Yup. See my note on blood VS flashes above.

Round shadow can be disabled for certain characters (vampires! wow!)

Fantasy...

Yeah, something like that smile
Bumpmapping Konoko... Not So Soon(TM).
But Eventually(TM). That's For Sure(TM).

Maybe if we get them to fight in mud...

Yeah, some sort of neutral fighting ground.
Or maybe they'd just do like... those two in that cool pic I can't find ATM...

Last edited by geyser (05/14/07 14:05)

#8 05/14/07 15:05

geyser
Website

#9 05/14/07 16:05

EL

SektorZ wrote:

Let's compare guns. In BR2, Rayne gets to shoot with some lame blood-powered gun, can this beat the guns from the Oni world? Meee thinks not. Actually if we think deeeeeeeply which I love to do, Rayne will suck nothing (heh), because there's no blood in Oni.

Ok, the guns in BR2 did suck. Only good thing about those weps is unlimited ammo, so long as you kept feeding. The guns in BR were better because WWII weapons are always fun to use and there was a larger variety. But Oni does have stronger and more creative weaponry.

No blood, hmm? Well feeding isn't Rayne's primary attack. But I guess she can't dismember Konoko with her blades either. It would still be an even match. Just Rayne wouldn't be able to heal. Can dhampires use hypos?

elgamercarduj3.jpg

#10 05/15/07 10:05

SektorZ
Website

Noes, I think only people with a crysalis inside them can..

#11 05/15/07 17:05

geyser
Website

Rayne = Sydney Bristow (Alias) on crack. Or Milla Jovovich (5th Element, ultraviolet). On crack smile

Well feeding isn't Rayne's primary attack.

But most of her others attacks are quite bloody anyway, right?

EL wrote:

Can dhampires use hypos?

SektorZ wrote:

Noes, I think only people with a crysalis inside them can..

That would explain why every second civilian has a hypo in store for Konoko smile
Story-wise, THESE TWO quotes seem to indicate that hypos are quite commonplace.
If you're bored, you're welcome to make a "Hypo spray" page on OG explaining that wink

#12 05/15/07 18:05

SektorZ
Website

Really? Hypos are drugs? Awww :f
That would mean every 2nd person in the Oni world is a drug addict, or just holds hypo-cocaine =P

#13 05/15/07 18:05

geyser
Website

Actually, a "hypo" is just the container: a foolproof, easy-to-use syringe.
You can put medicine in it (hence the red cross), or you can put drugs.
That leaves the question of why people walk about with pockets full of medicine.
My guess is: BioCrisis. The air condition makes people more likely to faint etc.
Or maybe they've just got used to hordes of Strikers bashing them up smile

#14 05/15/07 19:05

EL

I've always thought Griffin didn't want Konoko to know about the overpower because of the Chrysalis in her. But now I see it's because the overpower Konoko experiences with hypos is a high! It wouldn't look good if a member of the TCTF was using drugs. lol

elgamercarduj3.jpg

#15 05/16/07 03:05

SektorZ
Website

Maybe it's not the pizza why she's having nightmares...

#16 05/16/07 04:05

geyser
Website

It was certainly not the pizza... Those are Daodan Dreams.
And overpower is close enough to euphoria/ecstasy, yeah.

Last edited by geyser (05/16/07 04:05)

#17 05/16/07 09:05

SektorZ
Website

Sweetness! She's the better choice than Rayne =P

#18 05/16/07 16:05

Mango

EL wrote:

I've always thought Griffin didn't want Konoko to know about the overpower because of the Chrysalis in her. But now I see it's because the overpower Konoko experiences with hypos is a high! It wouldn't look good if a member of the TCTF was using drugs. lol

Well then... why would Shinatama tell her about drugs? Don't they think of each other as sisters? And why would the youngest get hooked first... hmmm...
"Here sis, try some of this shit!"

Shinatama wrote:

I'm not supposed to talk about this... but "data" suggests that hypos will work differently on you than on... other people

(When she says other, I think she means normal.)

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#19 05/25/07 14:05

WickedClown

Mango wrote:

(When she says other, I think she means normal.)

And since when is mass murder, having some unindentified thing inside your own body and ocasionaly beating the shit out of your own brother considered abnormal?

Rayne versus Konoko? My 100 euros goes on Rayne, it is really an art what that woman can do with her blades (I'm speaking of those on her hands, ofcourse).

Last edited by WickedClown (05/25/07 14:05)

#20 07/26/09 10:07

dream996

the outfit ,RAYNE is better !

Last edited by dream996 (07/26/09 18:07)

PunBB bbcode test

#21 07/26/09 10:07

3llense'g

dream996 wrote:

the outfit RAYNE is better !

The game Rayne is worse! But I can see you lean towards the undead, with this necro-topic and all.  tongue

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#22 07/26/09 10:07

Lithium

Wow how old is this topic?

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#23 07/26/09 11:07

love_Oni

One year and 2 months ago.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much tongue

#24 07/26/09 12:07