Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/23/08 18:07

ONIrules

Just Curious about some Sounds

Hello guys!!! Long time never been here till now. I was just making "contrail" in some TRAM files. Glad to see that the Anniversary Edition have out. Just curious about some sounds I have export from Onisplit. It looks like these sounds is never been heard in ONI. The sounds are like came from a robot (Not sure is it the IRON DEMON just a guess). Export it from level0_Final.dat

Oh yeah speaking on IRON DEMON I type the word IRON_DEMON in ONIUNPACKER (yeh is old but still useful) and found a few files. Why don't you modders check out the file to see if it is useful.

Last edited by ONIrules (07/23/08 18:07)

#2 07/23/08 19:07

Gumby

Re: Just Curious about some Sounds

O_o Hmm. You sure that isnt Shinny on steroids? tongue

I'm not sure where those are from.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#3 07/23/08 19:07

ONIrules

Gumby: I don't know.

Last edited by ONIrules (07/23/08 19:07)

#4 07/23/08 19:07

Iritscen

Gumby is being silly.  Yeah, that is in fact the Iron Demon's walking sounds (the hydraulics of the legs lifting, and then the feet coming down).  I know that some of the modders were already aware of those resources, but I never got to hear them before, so thanks.  I have an interesting idea as to how to use them in something I'm working on....

P.S.: The Edition isn't officially out yet.  Last I heard geyser was aiming for August as the release date, but even after that, I suspect much more new content will come down the pipeline in the months to come.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 07/24/08 10:07

Loser

Last I heard geyser was aiming for August as the release date, but even after that, I suspect much more new content will come down the pipeline in the months to come.

Yea, yea, I know I am lazy, no need to remind me that ^_^

P.S.: Sounds belonged to Iron Demon as Iritscen wrote. They are unused in current official Oni, waiting for us to make our own Iron Demon.

Last edited by Loser (07/24/08 10:07)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#6 07/24/08 11:07

Iritscen

P.S.: Sounds belonged to Iron Demon as Iritscen wrote. They are unused in current official Oni, waiting for us to make our own Iron Demon.

You may have noticed, I put the sounds in the trailer draft at the end, as a hint.  It's not the same as when Bungie said with their trailer, "Look, here's a mech that will be in the final game"; it's just the sounds, as if to say, "Maybe we will, maybe we won't."  That way we're not making any promises ^_^

#7 07/24/08 17:07

ONIrules

Iritscen: Is it the Anniversary Edition trailer that you guys that are going to make?

#8 07/24/08 17:07

Iritscen

Yep.  There's a rough mockup in the other thread that you might have seen.  The text is going to get gussied up similar to the 1999 trailer, and of course it will come to life once there's actual in-game footage in there.

Board footer