Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/02/08 07:07

tamaru

How can I extract files from LevelXX_Final.dat in .oni format ?

How can I extract files from LevelXX_Final.dat in .oni format ? I´ve created some textures but in order to use reflection on them, I have to put an alpha channel into them and after that I must create .oni file from that. But with LevelRecombine I always get only my file compiled since this is the only file in folder. But the program doesn´t simply add this new .oni file to the levelXX_final.dat, while replace the old one in it, but it creates whole new .dat file from my .oni file only and the rest of the files isn´t in there. SO I´ll need to recompile all the .oni files including my file among them in specific level file, but I cannot do so, because I don´t know, how to get the rest of the .oni files form the LevelXX_Final.dat file. Any suggestions ?? :'(

#2 07/02/08 08:07

paradox-01

Re: How can I extract files from LevelXX_Final.dat in .oni format ?

How can I extract files from LevelXX_Final.dat in .oni format ?
I always get only my file compiled since this is the only file in folder

There is not need to create new folders or to extract a single file.

When you install AE then OniSplit create levelXX_Final folders which contains the same content as the dat/raw/sep archieves but in separate form as oni files.
Note that AE has much more global files than normal Oni. If you are searching for an oni file and cannot find it in the actual level folder then search in the global level (level0_Final).
By the way, you can find most TXMP there. And when you have a modified TXMP oni file then place it back into the source folder. Level 0, right?
Now use Gumby's level recombiner (select level 0, browse correct path, hit the button).  smile

Last edited by paradox-01 (07/02/08 08:07)

Board footer