Nice video, I also liked your "Anime Jump"

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die

#27 03/12/07 16:03

geyser
Website

Re: Movies

Woot, pre-beta footage on IGN: HERE and a little bit HERE
(missing levels, missing enemies, missing music... the works)
I came upon it by sheer accident: there might be more elsewhere.

Last edited by geyser (03/12/07 16:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#28 03/12/07 21:03

EdT
Website

geyser: nice find.  There was one movie that had some scenes using the fixed camera, page 6 "Gameplay footage"

#29 03/13/07 01:03

Mango

Those levels look nice! Oh, sorry. It was the reflection on the screen.

Bite off more than you can chew... then chew like hell!!!

oniuserbaren4.png

#30 03/13/07 13:03

Loser

Nice job, geySer, it is almost unbeliveable what can be found on the Intranet...has anybody here tried to find ONI's source code somewhere in the one of the Intranet's dark aisles, lying there on the ground near dustbin ??? ^_^
Anyway, those beta-stage levels were more colourful, but still had no moving furniture.....maybe it was cutted out even earlier??? Also I've noticed enemies (if they are not dummies for video, of course) don't tend to dodge gunfire ( disabled or unfinished as far?).
Keep on, maybe you will find some Iron Demon footage. ^_-

Last edited by Loser (03/13/07 13:03)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#31 03/13/07 14:03

Tosh
Website

Loser wrote:

Nice job, geySer, it is almost unbeliveable what can be found on the Intranet...has anybody here tried to find ONI's source code somewhere in the one of the Intranet's dark aisles, lying there on the ground near dustbin ??? ^_^

I've looked for rips of the E3 demo to no avail. sad I will continue the search though! Someone must've stolen one.

Also those movies were very nice; got my hopes up with the one saying you could ride motorcycles then those just being from the cutscene where she rides one. roll

#32 03/13/07 15:03

Fluffy

Brilliant find, geyser!

EdT wrote:

There was one movie that had some scenes using the fixed camera, page 6 "Gameplay footage"

That "gameplay footage" is actually the "New Mini-Trailer" available on Rockstar's Oni site. I'd forgotten how awful the intro was...

Last edited by Fluffy (03/13/07 15:03)

#33 03/13/07 17:03

dez_zt

Any of you played the ps2 version?

#34 03/13/07 20:03

geyser
Website

@dez_zt: Not many, but some did, yeah. I can't name anyone for sure though.
@Loser: "Intranet"? smile  Moveable furniture might have been a myth. Gunfire dodging was implemented as a feature, but since it requires some fine-tuning, I guess they set up the 3 weapons you know, as proof-of-concept, and never actually had the chance to set up the rest...
@Tosh: Keep looking wink  as for the motorcycle, I already said it's feasible, but since Oni has no vehicles, the bike would be a character, with rather awkward collision. Same for cars and trucks, only worse. Glider would be mostly OK. Don't ask me to do any of that though tongue

Last edited by geyser (03/13/07 20:03)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#35 03/13/07 23:03

Loser

Errr....I meant this: ^_^

00_01_107 Shinatama: It's broken out of the Musashi intranet, and is trying to gain access to the local TCTF Public Security Node.

aka it starts hacking, digging for stuff (passwords), etc... Any similarity with us is pure coinsidence.

#36 03/15/07 16:03

Jon God

I own, both the PS2, and Mac version of the game.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#37 03/17/07 21:03

Saga Boy

i used to have them both. but somone broke in and stole them. and my laptop which the game was in... sad

#38 04/05/07 21:04

geyser
Website

In case anyone is interested, THIS ONE is still available on FilePlanet
It requires a registration to download, and it's nothing special, really.
It's not really directed as a usual prom video is.
Single-player. Retail content. Average gameplay.
In the same genre, I'd recommend Ian's page
There's the noteworthy Japanese trailer there smile

#39 04/07/07 03:04

ZDLO

Beating glass, throw enemy over obstacles, Konoko with ally... All this is really great! How mutch stuff I missed since this time. Work with animations/AI is new for me. Can I find some samples somewhere? I have to search on WIKI/SSG_site, rigth? Only then I will start my work...
@ Loser: the third link doesn't work.

As for me I still make normal ONI movies without any cheats(except shapeshifter) and without changes in dat/raw (with rare exception).
So, there are some new movies:
Many times ago here was a topick (in screenshots) about longest MB shot. It was "not so exciting", I must say tongue. So here (1.23 Mb) new more interesting theme about longest shots. Shot from SBG, what can be better? wink. Yes, this isn't "the longest shot from SBG" (I shot from the highest degree) and it's even not perfect shot, (you can see 2 shrapnels blasting at the ground, but guy is dead, so you need something another?). Yes, I'm "cheating" when I make this movie. It's very easy, I just calculate distance for shot with highest degree using slabs lying on the ground. So you can make shot from the highest building (in TCTF level, maybe) on 45 degree for best results.

OFS still die like a project, but one or two years ago I make new movie about it.
You can see it here (11.3 Mb). It's doesn't show best or exciting battles, it's stuff for "new" players. At the last time I think thet OFS is useless... In the end of movie you'll see:

to be continued

So my question: to be or not to be? If you like it, if you can read my posts with my english - it mean YES! If OFS is useful I will make and place descriptions of combat tipes (what you can see in that movie and some others) on the WIKI.
Also this is my first video with very small footage, so don't criticize it as a low quality and most stupid movie, please ,) I already know it, I just started... smile

Unfortunately I become offline at last time.
My english still bad. I'm sorry for it...

#40 04/07/07 09:04

s10k
Website

ZDLO wrote:

Beating glass, throw enemy over obstacles, Konoko with ally... All this is really great! How mutch stuff I missed since this time. Work with animations/AI is new for me. Can I find some samples somewhere? I have to search on WIKI/SSG_site, rigth? Only then I will start my work...
@ Loser: the third link doesn't work.

As for me I still make normal ONI movies without any cheats(except shapeshifter) and without changes in dat/raw (with rare exception).
So, there are some new movies:
Many times ago here was a topick (in screenshots) about longest MB shot. It was "not so exciting", I must say tongue. So here (1.23 Mb) new more interesting theme about longest shots. Shot from SBG, what can be better? wink. Yes, this isn't "the longest shot from SBG" (I shot from the highest degree) and it's even not perfect shot, (you can see 2 shrapnels blasting at the ground, but guy is dead, so you need something another?). Yes, I'm "cheating" when I make this movie. It's very easy, I just calculate distance for shot with highest degree using slabs lying on the ground. So you can make shot from the highest building (in TCTF level, maybe) on 45 degree for best results.

OFS still die like a project, but one or two years ago I make new movie about it.
You can see it here (11.3 Mb). It's doesn't show best or exciting battles, it's stuff for "new" players. At the last time I think thet OFS is useless... In the end of movie you'll see:

to be continued

So my question: to be or not to be? If you like it, if you can read my posts with my english - it mean YES! If OFS is useful I will make and place descriptions of combat tipes (what you can see in that movie and some others) on the WIKI.
Also this is my first video with very small footage, so don't criticize it as a low quality and most stupid movie, please ,) I already know it, I just started... smile

Your are the man of movies. tongue

The 2 are very good. Post them in youtube.com

#41 04/07/07 11:04

EdT
Website

ZDLO: Great movies!  And YES post more movies and info!

As Script_10k says, post them on youtube.

Here are his movies:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Script10k

These are my movies:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=edt1701

Last edited by EdT (04/07/07 11:04)

#42 04/07/07 11:04

ZDLO

Thanks for comments.
So many movies... watch later, from different location (my internet is very slow here).
to Script_10k and EdT: Why I have to post my movies on youtube? Yes, I specially search a place for it, because oni2.net created not for big movies, so thanks for that. But I can't see the third Losers movie, that located exactly on youtube... Also I read youtube rights and found this:

Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.

YouTube is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies and stuff like that. This includes war footage if it's intended to shock or disgust.

But my movies is really brutal with blood, dead shinatamas tongue , shocking and of cource with graphis... Did they mean that thay can move it away?
And what the main thing to post movies exactly on youtube? (I don't found information on the site that I need)

Unfortunately I become offline at last time.
My english still bad. I'm sorry for it...

#43 04/07/07 13:04

Tracker

Your two movies are awesome.
I have liked particularly the OFS very much, because you use fight techniques, which I don't master in this way.
It would be great if you would post links to further movies of you.
I know, YouTube is preferred in the forum, but I personally like WMV movies more than streamed movies, because I can download them and watch them any time in leisure without interruptions in streams.
Great work. :-)

Last edited by Tracker (04/07/07 13:04)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#44 04/08/07 16:04

EL

Yeah, OFS was really good. I play Oni on the PS2 so I can't do a lot of the combos (controls are clumsy). I have to rely on the Screaming Canon for most of my battles lol

elgamercarduj3.jpg

#45 04/08/07 18:04

Alloc
Website

Nice movie ... Counted the successful hits of enemies on you ... only noticed 2. Awesome smile

ZDLO wrote:

... because oni2.net created not for big movies ...

Just to make that clear: As long as I don't tell you anything else such movies aren't a prob with me wink
(There's still plenty of space which is not used atm)

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#46 04/09/07 16:04

geyser
Website

WMVs (for Windows-based vidmasters) and MOVs (for Mac-based vidmasters) have one undeniable advantage over YouTube videos: image quality.
And as Alloc says oni2.net won't be saturated by the videos of a few motivated members/vidmasters, as long as it's a reasonably compact format.

To EdT and Script I suggest this: feel free to be our "YouTube ambassadors". Anything released here you can upload onto YouTube with due credits.
Additionally, be sure to provide (in the comments) a link to the higher-quality versions on oni2.net if available, and maybe to this thread as well.

For instance, EdT, you take my tribute to ZDLO HERE and upload it on YT saying something like: "that's geyser parkouring" and "more, better, later".
You can also take all the available videos of non-conventional/impressive environment traversal, put that to music of your choice and make a compilation.
If you'd prefer different resolutions or sampling rates for optimal YT conversion, tell us so and we'll give you something you can use.

ZDLO wrote:

But my movies is really brutal with blood, dead shinatamas  , shocking and of cource with graphis... Did they mean that thay can move it away?
And what the main thing to post movies exactly on youtube? (I don't found information on the site that I need)

There's a lot of killing in most video games, not to mention action movies smile
As compared to the lots of FPS footage out there, Oni (with its nice color flashes instead of blood and "Teen" rating) doesn't really qualify as violent.
As for the uploading procedure, I'd really leave it to people like EdT. You just keep the cool WMVs coming, ZDLO. That's what you're good at smile

#47 04/15/07 21:04

EdT
Website

Ok, the movies are on YouTube you can see them here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=edt1701

If you want me to change the description or title let me know.

ZDLO: I post the movies to YouTube just to show the cool stuff we're able to do with Oni. Hopefully, this will get more people interested in Oni again.

Last edited by EdT (04/15/07 21:04)

#48 04/15/07 22:04

geyser
Website

Great. Description for zipline bypass should be just "geyser parkouring" smile
as for "more, better, later (never)" it's usually applicable to Loser's stuff wink
Whatever happened to "glass"? it's completely messed up at the end... hmm

I'll try to dig up videos of ZDLO parkouring and hand them over ASAP.

EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT. Add more "cross-discipline" labels to the videos.
Zipline bypass needs "parkour" as a label. And OFS... "kung fu" or something smile
Whatever labels they have in clips from Matrix or kung fu movies.
You're only going to attract new people if you add those labels.
(it's not too likely that they'll stumble upon "oni" and "konoko")
As for Oni Universe, you should add "inner" and "universe".

I'd also systematically add links to the forum in the details.
I'd also provide links to the higher-quality videos.
(e.g. HERE, just link to the 1998 page on OG)

Erm. "More, better, later" is actually relevant for the zipline bypass.
But only if you cooperate on Stamina Rose... are you ready? wink

Last edited by geyser (04/16/07 11:04)

#49 04/16/07 21:04

EdT
Website

geyser: I re-uploaded the breaking glass movie, hopefully it will be fine this time.  (It takes awhile before it's available)

Will add more tags to the movies.

If you have the movies for Stamina Rose, post them, then I'll work on it.

#50 04/19/07 23:04

Loser

HERE you can see my latest ONI related actions.

Weapon can be obtained HERE.(upload it with OUP).

Dangerous falling bodies™ cannot be extracted, as I had to create extra TRAM attack parts for them and these ones are only at the end of my *level0.raw* file. If somebody wants, geyser (or me) can post tutorial how to achieve falling bodies effect.

About little thing for geyser: everyone try it out, too. It seems that SKY proprieties deped on farclipping range.

EdT, thank you for posting community videos on YouTube. Try to find *andrashi* (without stars) on YouTube. You will see some of my other videos.
Now I am going to school to write History test (20th century; I. W.W. ; Bolshevik revolution; Versailles conference; creation of Czechoslovakia). Please wish me good luck -_-
                                               Loser

Last edited by Loser (04/19/07 23:04)

Board footer