Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/24/08 15:05

podervermelho

How to change animations?

Hi guys, i'm a newb here, i was reading aboutall the magic things who you are doing here, really nice work!
So, i was trying to edit my oni too, have a mode to give all konoko moves to all npcs, and put willow kick working on girls(i just wanna shut up my sister cool )? I was reading something like that/ editing a line of oncc using oniunpacker. I was trying to do it, but i saw just lot of numbers without a place saying "Hey, here is the number of this animation" LoL. Aw, and I don't know how to open the text files like this:

<ONCPElement>
<ParticleName>daodan</ParticleName>
<ParticleClass>h2h_powerup_e01</ParticleClass>
<BodyPartIndex>-1</BodyPartIndex>
    </ONCPElement>

<ONCPElement>
<ParticleName>daodan2</ParticleName>
<ParticleClass>h2h_powerup_e01a</ParticleClass>
<BodyPartIndex>-1</BodyPartIndex>
    </ONCPElement>

in fact, I am a little lost, ok ok ok, completely lost LoL, sorry for my ignrance, if an angel comes from heaven to help me to start it I would be grateful!!!

#2 05/24/08 16:05

paradox-01

Re: How to change animations?

I don't know what I could know... Well... Ok, I hope I can give you a better overview.

- I recommend to install Oni in English language. (Just to have a maximum of compatibility.)
- Then you should have downloaded the "daodan dll" (actually "vtuneapi.dll"). There are different versions.
- Next you want to install the edition. (PC retail) (PC demo) (Mac)
- And here are some upgrades http://loser.oni2.net/Anniversary/ONCC_ … 3_TXMP.rar
- Last but not least you will need to upgrade the edition core. It is the "OniSplit.exe". (version 0.9.14)
- Optional but recommended: If you want to use "plug-ins" then get a hacked "Oni.exe" as well. (Mac version) (PC retail version)

I recommend to copy the whole Oni folder now and to keep that one copy as back-up.
Now you will need to get familiar with onisplit.
- http://wiki.oni2.net/Onisplit (If you corrupt some files it won't hurt too much because you have back-up.)

=======================================================================================

How to use onisplit commandos.

Methods for PC.

Copy a onisplit.exe into your GameDataFolder, now do following (A or B).

A) Avoid to type long directories by extending your registry.
Open a clean txt file. Get the code from here, save the file as "something.reg", right-click it, install it.
Go to "Oni\edition", right-click GameDataFolder, click "Open Command Window Here"

B) Actually you don't really need the cmd but it can be easier that way.
You can also use open the GameDataFolder and use the address bar to type in commandos.
Delete the address. Just write the commando - for example:

onisplit -extract:xml xml_dir level0_Final\ONCCstriker_hard_3.oni

=======================================================================================

I don't know how to open the text files like this: (...)

It's from a *.xml file (a converted *.oni file).

That is the oni->xml converting commando for onisplit -- barabus (barabas) is here just an example:

onisplit -extract:xml xml_dir level0_Final\ONCCbarabus.oni

xml_dir is the target directory. level0_Final(.dat) is the archive which contains barabas' ONCC.

You can open xml files with any text editor. When you have finished your mod convert it back into a *.oni file.

onisplit -create oni_dir xml_dir\ONCCbarabus.xml

Put it back into a level folder you like and recompile the level. (level0_Final is for global use.)

Recompile your levels by using (the original or a modified) "step9999.bat" (see my next post). You can find "step9999.bat" in your onisplit install folder.

have a mod to give all konoko moves to all npcs

Hm. You would have to get npcs' TRAC files into xml format and change them. - Another method could be to change the links. Every character has a link in his ONCC (character main file) which leads to his TRAC (Animation Collection).

Last edited by paradox-01 (05/25/08 05:05)

#3 05/24/08 18:05

podervermelho

Wohoo! thank you so much paradox!!! It's not so hard using xml, looks like actool haha!
Now the fun starts!

#4 05/24/08 18:05

EdT
Website

Here's one more link you might be interested in: http://wiki.oni2.net/index.php/Gameplay/Combat_moves

One suggestion for all, you might want to test your mods in level1 or level2 or any other level except for level0.  Why? because the time it takes to recompile or rebuild level0.  I usually do my testing in level1, since it rebuilds quickly.  So you should modify Step9999.bat so it only updates the level you are working in, instead of rebuilding all the levels.

#5 05/25/08 01:05

paradox-01

I forgot to mention how to use onisplit actually. A PC user cannot double click it... (It goes via cmd or the window address bar.) (First post updated.)
Edt, or another Mac user, can you mention here how to do that on a Mac?

I somehow thought there was a commando to recompile a single level but I never cared. ^^
Okay, let's have a look into the bat. (For all the other who don't might know this like myself before: you can use a simple text editor.)

ECHO OFF
ECHO Recombining final level archives...
FOR %%L IN (0 1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 18 19) DO (
    FOR %%D IN (..\GameDataFolder\level%%L_Final) DO (
        IF EXIST %%D (
            OniSplit.exe -import:nosep %%D %%D.dat
        )
    )
)
XCOPY ..\..\GameDataFolder\IGMD ..\GameDataFolder\IGMD /S /I /Y
COPY ..\..\persist.dat ..\persist.dat
COPY ..\..\key_config.txt ..\key_config.txt

Ah.. So I'm taking out all numbers, except for the one I want to keep (level 19 in this case), save a copy as "step9999_on_level_19.bat" and put it into "Oni\edition\install".

ECHO OFF
ECHO Recombining final level archives...
FOR %%L IN (19) DO (
    FOR %%D IN (..\GameDataFolder\level%%L_Final) DO (
        IF EXIST %%D (
            OniSplit.exe -import:nosep %%D %%D.dat
        )
    )
)
XCOPY ..\..\GameDataFolder\IGMD ..\GameDataFolder\IGMD /S /I /Y
COPY ..\..\persist.dat ..\persist.dat
COPY ..\..\key_config.txt ..\key_config.txt

Woo, it works. ^^

Last edited by paradox-01 (05/25/08 04:05)

#6 05/25/08 09:05

EdT
Website

Actually, you can make the code much simpler (Using Level19 as an example):

PC:

OniSplit.exe -import:nosep ..\GameDataFolder\level19_Final ..\GameDataFolder\level19_Final.dat

Mac:

mono OniSplit.exe -import:sep ../GameDataFolder/level19_Final ../GameDataFolder/level19_Final.dat

Board footer