Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/18/08 16:02

Ghalion

Respawn mod without titanmode/triplicate slam?

Hey guys, I'm curious if it's possible to grab the respawn feature you see in titanmode for example without actually playing titanmode or any other seperate mod that changes the game other than by adding the respawn feature. I've been looking all over for one but no luck so far. I would like to have the respawn feature enabled when playing certain mods without making them titan modeified for example >=P.

Anyway this is my first post on these forums and I have to say that progress with oni has come a long way since I last was in the mood for this game. The people working on projects, scripts, and mods are doing an exceptional job given the lack of tools they are given to work with in regards to modding oni.

Oh yes, and is there a "no guns" mod too? As much as I like the guns in the game occasionally sometimes it's a pain... I recall one spot in titan mode where there were 6 strikers all with stunguns in one room.

#2 02/18/08 16:02

geyser
Website

Re: Respawn mod without titanmode/triplicate slam?

To your main question: I'm not sure why you guys call it "respawn".
But I did a "You lose! Continue?" kind of thing on the previous forum.
Here's the script: http://geyser.oni2.net/scripts/compound … d_main.bsl
Here's the post: http://oni.bungie.org/forums/index.php? … #post_1446
You basically have to look up "func you_lose" and replace it with this:

var int continue_secs;
var int not_resumed;
######################################### CONTINUE?
func you_lose {
    gs_show_ui= 0; p3_removedangerous
    continue_secs= 10; ai2_allpassive 1
    not_resumed= 1; chr_full_health 0
    fork resume(); continue
}
func continue {
    dmsg "[y.HAPPY EASTER!!!]"
    dmsg "[y.YOU LOSE!!!]"
    dmsg "[g.CONTINUE???]"
    if(continue_secs eq 10) dmsg "10"
    if(continue_secs eq  9) dmsg "9"
    if(continue_secs eq  8) dmsg "8"
    if(continue_secs eq  7) dmsg "7"
    if(continue_secs eq  6) dmsg "6"
    if(continue_secs eq  5) dmsg "5"
    if(continue_secs eq  4) dmsg "4"
    if(continue_secs eq  3) dmsg "3"
    if(continue_secs eq  2) dmsg "2"
    if(continue_secs eq  1) dmsg "1"
    if(continue_secs eq  0) dmsg "0"
    dmsg " "
    sleep 60; if(continue_secs eq  0) lose
    continue_secs= continue_secs - 1
    if(not_resumed) fork continue
    else message_remove
}
func resume {
    chr_wait_animstate 0 fallen_front fallen_back
    chr_wait_animstate 0 standing
    not_resumed= 0; ai2_allpassive 0
    gs_show_ui= 1;
}

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#3 02/18/08 16:02

Ghalion

thanks I'll check it out.

I believe it's called "Respawn" because in first person shooter games (arguably the most popular genre of online multiplayer gaming), the developers call the places where you start plaing a level "spawn points".. and when you die, you come back at a spawn point once again, hence the term respawn. Since fps games are so popular, the term "Respawn" just sticks with other games that involve dying, then coming back in the same level without really backtracking or having to re-do something you have already done.

#4 02/18/08 19:02

geyser
Website

Ah, yeah, I forgot that Script10k brings you all the way back to the savepoint...
Then "respawn" indeed makes sense. In my case it's just an on-site "continue".

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#5 02/18/08 20:02

Ghalion

Okies so I tried that script and I get a level with konoko in a tower with a sniper rifle and 2 sniper guys with grenade launchers trying to kill me. When I let them kill me I don't get any continue menu or whatnot.

BUT, seeing the script inspired me to figure out how titanmode's respawn thingie works, and I figured out how to make it myself now yay. I just found, and copied the respawn function in the titan scripts, added the respawn func to the main.bsl, and deleted the youlose function in the script.bsl.

Board footer