You are not logged in.

#351 07/23/14 17:07

MrMoon360

Re: Flatline Alpha

Any news?

#352 07/24/14 00:07

Iritscen

*cough* I'm starting to wish someone didn't let the cat out of the bag in the first place.  I guess it's my fault for acknowledging that I was the one working on it.

Well, the short story is that I underestimated how long it would take to have something worth releasing.  Things were progressing well at the end of 2013 and I was feeling optimistic, but I had failed to recognize that, unlike previous software projects, I couldn't estimate time to completion on this one because it depends on the results of Internet testing, which I can't predict.  Until the tests turn out well, it doesn't matter how full-featured the gameplay is, it's just not something that I should release, because it would be a tease if I was unable to refine it any further.

Anyway, this year, besides a 2.5 month break, I've been working on a very complex problem.  It's probably the hardest part of the project that I'll ever have to deal with.  If things work out, gameplay should become smooth over the Internet (over reasonable distances) without having the limitations of Flatline.  Progress is being made, but I'm trying to be more careful now about giving out time estimates.  So although it might be frustrating and I wish I could be more specific, I think it might be smart to just say that if I don't hit more obstacles, I should have something to report Soon™.  I certainly won't delay in reporting it on the forum when I do have something ready for public testing.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#353 07/25/14 19:07

Lithium

Take your time man

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#354 07/31/14 23:07

MrMoon360

Iritscen wrote:

"The goods"

As always, I appreciate any response/update on this project. I understand that my inquiries might give off a sense of "entitlement"-- Please believe that I am grateful and humbled by your efforts.
Your time and dedication is more than enough for me to be proud that the Oni community is still kicking.

I imagine someone such as you is much too modest to start a little donation type gig for your time spent developing project "NotFlatline", but in the odd chance that you do, I won't hesitate to compensate you.
A little encouragement's never hurt anyone's progress.
Keep up the good work. You are appreciated more than you know.

#355 08/01/14 10:08

Iritscen

Aw, thanks.  I appreciate the support even though I haven't released anything yet.

#356 08/25/14 16:08

mrdanieli21

don't joke, you made me believe in god again, i wonder if you can give me your facebook or something i could contact and help you, please finish it, i have a lot of oni-fan friends and our dream is to play oni on multiplayer..

Keep working, we love ya and will make a fan page for your user or something in recogniziment

#357 08/27/14 21:08

System.out.println

I have been watching this project for a good two years now. After all this time I feel it's necessary to say that I think this project is a brilliant idea and I'm willing to wait years for this to come out! So take your time and don't give up!

#358 08/27/14 23:08

Iritscen

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement.  I'm not on any social media currently, though I will be returning to Twitter once I have regular updates to post about multiplayer.  Just to be clear, my work is a totally separate project from Flatline, started from scratch.  I wish I had an update to give, but a month ago I (and a couple other Mac users here) started helping Feral with a new Mac Oni build that is coming down the pipeline.  They use us as testers, organizers, bug reporters, etc.  So I've had no time for multiplayer, but I should be getting back to it soon.

#359 09/01/14 19:09

mrdanieli21

man, are you really going to finish it?

#360 09/01/14 19:09

mrdanieli21

anyway if you will, don't make it only online sad it would be cool to make it with lan feature

#361 09/01/14 22:09

Iritscen

It does support LAN already, so you don't have to worry about that.

#362 09/06/14 13:09

angelalex22
Website

Hello,I have 1 questions..If i download the setup,replace evrything with..all the things i need to play MP xD,will i still be able to play AE oni ? or do i have to replace anything back again like it was before ?

"Sometimes..dreams come true...even nightmares"

#363 09/06/14 14:09

Iritscen

You might want to use a separate copy of Oni to play Flatline, because the mods that are installed in the AE can cause the gameplay to go out of sync with other players.  Alternately, you could use AE Oni if you make sure that every player has the same mods installed.  Though I have to tell you that nobody is actively playing Flatline, so you'll have a hard time getting a game together.  Also, the current Daodan DLL that comes with the AE does not have Flatline in it.

#364 09/06/14 16:09

mrdanieli21

Iritscen, sorry for being so annoying, but i need to ask, will you make a coop or something like that¿?
and, how much time will you take to finish it?  8.(

you're a genious for keep this working

#365 09/06/14 17:09

Iritscen

Co-op is definitely something I would like to do.  I might just allow for a co-op mode and then ask for help in scripting it, as it wouldn't be challenging to use the existing SP scripts with 2+ players.

I can't say when I will be able to finish MP.  The last time I gave an estimate, it turned out badly, so I'd rather just say that I'm working on it.  Actually I've had to take a month off for other work, as I mentioned above, so that makes about 3 months so far this year that I haven't had any time for MP.

Honestly, I really didn't want to talk about this project at all until I had something working nicely.  Once I get to a point where it is working well, I will be giving regular updates, but until then, I simply won't have anything helpful to say when people ask about it.

#366 09/06/14 19:09

mrdanieli21

thank you man

#367 09/07/14 03:09

angelalex22
Website

Hey Iritscen,since you can make stuff happen,don't you think to can script so that i appear another 2 buttons on the main menu ? like one to host a public game and second to join a public game...no need for private,i mean,can't you put ALOT of scripts in a folder (i really don't know where) and when you click either 1 or 2 to...activate (like redstone from minecraft) it and create a game...sh*t,i dont know,but i thought it might help you

#368 09/07/14 08:09

Iritscen

Yep, I will be doing something like that.

#369 09/07/14 10:09

angelalex22
Website

awesome...that's just awesome! thank you big_smile

#370 09/08/14 17:09

mrdanieli21

hell, i don't get it, will it be just onlyne or with local feature?? SORRY I'M SO EXCITED WITH THIS

#371 09/08/14 18:09

Iritscen

It supports LAN and Internet play; it just doesn't handle Internet latency well, yet.

#372 09/09/14 02:09

6opoDuJIo

So, Irit. The problem is just network position sync?

Last edited by 6opoDuJIo (09/09/14 02:09)

Implement Oni with Unity3D engine :
https://github.com/6opoDuJIo/Oni-Round2

#373 09/13/14 21:09

mrdanieli21

well, when you have the LAN feature please make it public

#374 09/14/14 00:09

mrdanieli21

and also, does the alpha flatline still work? ...

#375 09/14/14 08:09

Iritscen

I think so, but it's not part of the AE anymore.  You have to use the DLL found here: http://www.gumby.oni2.net/daodan/.  You might find this recent discussion educational: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2730

Board footer