Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/13/12 19:01

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: Ghost in the Shell

No, it is definitely not love. Motoko has no attachments to anyone, and as stated in the TV series, the girls in question are confused as to why she is accompanying motoko to the body swap. This implies that they are not close, but they are familiar with each other. And windy the episode in question was of her reviewing footage and the girls fell asleep around her. Nothing happened.

#27 01/13/12 19:01

Lithium

I suppose the kid assumes any sexual thing means love.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#28 01/13/12 20:01

kyletm57

I'm going to try and disregard this whole lesbian convo and get back on track -_-

The movies were pretty good, they were more sophisticated and in depth then Stand Alone Complex. However, the show was much more action packed and still had some pretty complex messages it tried to convey. In any case, the whole thing is probably in my top 5 anime

banner2440.jpg

#29 01/13/12 23:01

Lithium

Well I decided to start watching GITS SAC today, let's see how long it takes me to finish it.

#30 01/14/12 00:01

kyletm57

oxe161 wrote:

Well I decided to start watching GITS SAC today, let's see how long it takes me to finish it.

Season 1 shouldn't take you too long. Season 2 is about the same length i think, but it's a shitload more confusing.

banner2440.jpg

#31 01/14/12 00:01

Lithium

Then I should tell my ex to stfu and let me watch my anime then when I get to it. Saw up to ep 3 until the site said I had to wait an hour, but I like it so far.

#32 04/05/12 07:04

berry

any recomendations on where to watch GITS online? my parents wont allow me to buy online. and none of my friends know about GITS

Hmm...

#33 04/05/12 12:04

Lukas Kreator

Watch out... I'm pretty sure that can be considered piracy.

#34 04/05/12 16:04

Iritscen

There's a few places to watch animé online legally, at least for people in the U.S., but even in our region I don't know if GitS is being streamed anywhere.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#35 06/26/14 15:06

Loser

Just finished watching GitS SAC.
My mind is in kind of very hard to describe state.

However, to talk about a bit more down to earth elements:

• First and foremost - there are numerous sound effects which I am quite sure were ripped 1:1 by Bungie West and used in Oni. For example characteristic "pneumatic" sound effect of door opening or soft "servomotor" sound effect which can be heard as a part of EnvWarehouse ambient noises.

• Next, a Motoko vs Marcelo Jordi resembles (at least to me) a 1998 short trailer fight sequence of Konoko vs Tanker. Maybe it has something to do with those smooth circular motion attacks.

• Red Fury spotted in the anime ^_^

• Togusa is awesome.

Last edited by Loser (06/26/14 15:06)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#36 06/26/14 16:06

Iritscen

So you're saying Bungie West traveled to the future to rip sounds from GitS SAC?  O:)

I'm pretty sure Oni uses stock sounds such as you would purchase on a CD of sound effects.  Some of the same effects are heard in other Bungie games and in lots of other places too, since it's hard to justify recording your own explosions when there's already CDs full of them.

Where did you see a "Red Fury"?  Can you take a screenshot?

#37 06/27/14 03:06

Loser

Iritscen wrote:

So you're saying Bungie West traveled to the future to rip sounds from GitS SAC?  angel

Was confused about this sentence until I searched up info about the TV series.
The first time I ever came into contact with GitS SAC was while I was at high school (somewhere around 2004/2005 if I recall correctly), saw the first two episodes but back then I couldn't properly appreciate it (was a teen ^_^) - it looked like some dull action packed overtechnized anime to me.
However, for whatever reason (no idea how I came to think that), from that brief contact with the GitS SAC I lived with firm belief the GitS SAC was released in 1998. Well up until now, thank you for clarification Iritscen.

Those mentioned sounds are according to my ears the same, but you are most probably right and those are stock effects. Still a nice touch for me to hear the familiar hissing while Mr. Aramaki goes to some really bad guy's office.

Red Fury: Episode 7 (Idolater):
GitS-SAC RedFury lookalike character
She also acts as a VIP bodyguard, similar to RedFuries being Muro's personal bodyguards.

Also, assuming the "black fury" behind her is the same android model, there is a short fight sequence (series of JPG images HERE) in which Motoko uses Capoeira kick attack similar to Konoko's CROUCH+FW+KICK, which is ducked under by Black fury, who immediately retaliates with KICK HEAVY move, only to be ducked as well by Motoko and finished by some sort of a power punch.

Looks pretty similar to Oni for me ^_^.

Last edited by Loser (06/27/14 03:06)

#38 06/27/14 07:06

Iritscen

I am diagnosing you with a case of "Oni on the brain", Loser   8)  But yes, if you see any similarities between GitS and Oni, unless it's in the first GitS film, then they must have stolen from Oni, not the other way around.

#39 06/28/14 11:06

Loser

Well, guilty as charged, am I? tongue
Serving some time behind bars anyway - red bars, green bars, a few shade of blue bars and some orange bars (HINT).

#40 06/29/14 06:06

Chez1994

Hello! I'm new here  smile

Board footer