Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 01/29/14 16:01

Iritscen

Re: The Mod Depot is open for business

I remember now why I wanted you guys to save after removing the old mod, and before adding the new one: it was to prevent the "_0" suffixes from being added.  Which is not a big deal, and nowadays no one will even see it when they install the mod through the AEI.  So your process should be fine, Samer.  I'll just have to figure out why the software is not removing the files when we ask it to.  Don't be surprised if the Depot goes down for maintenance in the next couple days, as I also have updates I should install.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#152 03/16/14 08:03

Samer
Website

I have some comments on new mods added to the depot.
I'm all for updating old mods and adding them to the depot, but please pay attention to the description. since every mod now reaches everyone once they open the installer, it's best to check and proofread the description and not just add it from the readme that came with the mod, especially when the mod is more than 10 years old.
example:  http://mods.oni2.net/node/309 I edited this mod's description.

Installment: Open the folder Game Data Folder. Inside you will find the IMGD folder. Open it. There will be quite a few files. One of them is neuro. The contents is responsible for the scripts for level 12. Change the folder name from neuro to something else, like real_neuro. Copy my neuro folder (it is in the scripts folder) into the IMGD folder. Play on!
How to play: First of all, I suggest you backup your IMGD since this script uses savepoints, your savepoints will be screwed after play. Open the TCTF Science Prison (Level 12) - savepoint 0 to start with or you will be screwed. Start from a savepoint if and only if you have got to it otherwise your play will be screwed and my script will not work properly.
Wanna play original?: To play the original scripts again, change my neuro folder to om_neuro, om is for Oni Master and change real_neuro back to neuro.se

it's a package now, this should have been removed, it will be confusing to users and they'll mess the installation up, if they do follow these instructions.
It also said to backup the "IMGD" because the savepoints will be modified. It should have said persist.dat not the bsl folder.

Special Thanks:
Okay, special thanks to SHAQX for donating me some lines of his code (his fade-in/out let). You can find him at:
http://www.tanv.co.uk/shaqx/homepage/new_page1.htm <--- Oni Presence.
You can find a lot of his scripts their too.

dead links and spelling mistakes.

Disclaimer: If anything happens to your computer or you modem burns on fire, it is absolutely not my problem. Not my problem. ...

comforting tongue

Scripting Sites: If you are looking for a bunch of scripts, you should check out Oni Res, which has not been updatd in ages...
http://oni.bungie.org/res/ <--- Oni Res.

dead links

Advertisement: To support the inventor of this script, please sign up on eHarlequin through the banner on the inventor's site.

removed this... obviously.

and i added a description of the content because all the previous description gave no idea what it actually does.

I edited this one too http://mods.oni2.net/node/308 see the revisions to see what was changed.
do we really need a long revision log of a mod from 2001 in the description ? personal info about the modder and warning that the computer may get damaged tongue?

Last edited by Samer (03/16/14 09:03)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#153 03/16/14 17:03

s10k
Website

Samer you are right. I agree with all your points. I will be more careful with old mods descriptions next time. Thanks for the changes.

I'll just ask you too keep the original readmes and txt inside the packages and they serve as archive (and may provide additional info about the mod).

Last edited by s10k (03/16/14 17:03)

#154 05/01/14 17:05

Samer
Website

@Iritscen did you fix the issue you talked about a few posts above ? I'm worried I'll cause duplicates if I edit some nodes, which I'll be doing some time soon.

Last edited by Samer (05/01/14 17:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#155 05/01/14 17:05

Iritscen

Oh, I see I never explained in this thread what was happening.  The duplicates were a feature, not a bug.  I had installed the Revisions module in order to be able to track changes to nodes, and hadn't realized it would store the old versions of attachments.  So don't worry about causing duplicates, but if you run into an error when uploading, you will need to add _0 to the name of the file, then if that doesn't work, increase the number to _01, _02, etc.  Basically the old versions that were stored before I deleted them each had a suffix like that, which is still recorded in the database.  So it thinks there is a name conflict until you hit a number that was never used in the past.  If it's taking you too long to upload multiple times, send me the file instead and I will upload it.  We're hoping to have a solution to this fairly soon.

#156 10/30/14 18:10

Iritscen

Okay guys, so there's been a major security failure in the software that the Mod Depot runs on.  Sites across the Internet have been compromised, and the Depot was one of them.  Fortunately we don't have any personal information on the site besides email addresses, but if you have a Depot account, you might want to change your passwords on other sites if they are the same as the password you used for the Depot.

The site will be offline while I upgrade to the latest release of the site software and make sure it's secure again, and since the AE Installer is tied to the Depot's mod listing, it's not going to work until I bring the site back up again.

#157 10/30/14 22:10

Iritscen

All right, I think everything is back to normal.  Let me know if anyone sees anything weird on the Depot or in the AE Installer.

#158 11/02/14 10:11

Dirk Gently
Website

You might want to re-check the server. I was going through my own web server logs this morning and found a bunch of attempts to shellshock it and install what seems to be a perl-based DDOS bot. Might be unrelated but wouldn't hurt to double check to make sure nothing is running that shouldn't be.

#159 11/02/14 12:11

Iritscen

Yes, I should be keeping more of an eye on the logs than I normally do.  I do see someone is repeatedly trying to log in as the administrator; perhaps they think the backdoor they created is still there, but we rolled back everything to before it was hacked before installing the updates, so good luck with that.

Board footer