Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/23/13 09:10

EdT
Website

Oni and OS X Mavericks

My observations after a few hours with OS X Mavericks, Java version 1.6.0_65 installed, Mono version 3.2.3 installed

Oni that comes with Anniversary Edition Seven works fine.

AEInstaller 2.16 loads, however, when I click the Install button, nothing happens. Well not exactly, a small window appears briefly then disappears.  No logs are produced

AETools loads, but I'm getting Applescript errors, I'll investigate more.

Vago does not load, the console shows this error; Finder[1074]: 8837325: Attempting to SIGCONT to pid #1733 failed, with errno=#3, or the process failed to actually start

Edit: Preview cannot open dae files created by OniSplit.  I get the message: It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize.  In Snow Leopard, I had no problems opening those files.

#2 10/23/13 11:10

Dirk Gently
Website

Re: Oni and OS X Mavericks

Check that under system preferences in Security and under "General" that you enable "Anywhere" or open Vago via "rightclick>open"

Vago also seems to permanently break if you open it for the first time and don't select the AE folder.

as for AETools, there might be a problem with your SNDD playback code and mavericks.

#3 10/23/13 11:10

EdT
Website

Thanks for the suggestion, but Vago still does not open for me.

SNDD playback on AETools, I knew about that, but the errors were more path related:

System.ArgumentException: No input files found
  at Oni.Program.GetFileList (System.String[] args, Int32 startIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Oni.Program.ExportXml (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Oni.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  (1)

Also, I could be dealing with permission issues, I installed Mavericks on a new partition, so I could keep Snow Leopard as my main OS and play around with Mavericks.

#4 10/23/13 17:10

Dirk Gently
Website

I downloaded a fresh copy of it off the downloads site we have and it was able to open for me. try nuking your existing and launching it, it should ask once then ask you where the AE directory is. If not, then I guess we can talk in more detail and I can help you chase this down.

#5 10/23/13 17:10

EdT
Website

Update:

Reinstalling Vago, fixed the issue, thanks.

AEInstaller works after I updated the permissions on the Oni folder and all the enclosed items to myself while in OS X Mavericks.

AETools still needs work... sad

Board footer