Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 11/13/12 00:11

Lithium

Re: *** SAM MEGA PACK - Conversion *** Version 3 Updated on 10/02/2022

Casey, Shinatama, and the Golden guy just rape the other guys. Fury can not keep up with Shini, Casey and Griffin overwhelm Kojiro, and the Golden TCTF just overwhelms the Tanker as he's faster and his dash just stops the Tanker. Not sure, I wouldn't say bosses but maybe something smaller

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#27 11/13/12 02:11

Samer
Website

Actually in my first attempts the good guys (except griffin) would die everytime, they didn't attack at right time to stop them from regenerating .. So the skull team would go back to full health in no time, so i increased the good guys health'a bit (250 base health for bad guys 350 for good guys except golden i think about 150 for him)'. As i said i'm a bit bias tongue i want the good guys to all stay alive big_smile tongue
i think i'll add another round of elites and ninjas after the skull team die though .. Or add another bad guy for the numbers to be even .. Not sure who though (for a future update)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 11/13/12 19:11

Samer
Website

Update on 14/11/12
Modified the final battle of final level .. (it was too easy) so added a second wave of enemies and restored that when muro's health is too low they attack konoko.

Last edited by Samer (11/13/12 19:11)

#29 11/14/12 01:11

Samer
Website

If someone tries the update tell me if its' better this way.

#30 11/14/12 19:11

Knox

I tried the update on hard. I died exactly 5 times before I beat Muro. One of them I was close to winning when Shinatama exploded.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#31 11/14/12 19:11

Samer
Website

waw really tongue well at least it's not too easy anymore big_smile

#32 11/14/12 20:11

Knox

By the way, is it possible to get Skull Team to fight with Mutant Muro? Like, maybe they could be on the ledges above the dish providing covering fire with various weapons?

Oni fan since 2001.

#33 11/15/12 01:11

Samer
Website

mm I think that would make it too hard .. and I fear that they just fall off ... but it's an interesting idea .. if i can make it work I'll include it smile cz it makes sense that they should appear later on even if killed griffin cause in their appearances they get defeated not killed.

Anyway big_smile
This is my video of the Modified Final Battle with the update :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkfUmq_ … e=youtu.be

I had to take several ones because I wanted all the good guys to stay alive tongue

If someone want to make a fun video of it activate reservoir dogs cheat and let everyone go at each other tongue

.. so knox which one do you prefer ?

Last edited by Samer (11/15/12 02:11)

#34 11/15/12 07:11

ltemplar

Nice job Samer.

But I really don't know..if you want  some constructive criticism (I remember what heaped the last time when i try...)
So if you decide that you need my advice on how some parts can be improved then only say so..if not well.. Once more time good job.

Last edited by ltemplar (11/15/12 08:11)

#35 11/15/12 12:11

Samer
Website

My issue wasn't with you making suggestions, it was that sometimes you just don't know when to stop. For example, you started off with saying jester is boring (that's not constructive) then even after I explained my point of view you just refused to get it, then moved on to criticizing casey and karen's prescence then said that barabus and kojiro would be dead before the hasegawas spawn which simply can't be true, (you can't kill 2 characters with that much HP in 200 frames no matter how good you are ) ... Others like coyote, and leus also felt kojiro and barabus didn't fit, but expressed that in a much better way, and in the end i took what they said into consideration, the one released now has 2 mukades instead of barabus and kojiro in dream lab for example
So you can make suggestions as in some refinements here and there but not ask me to go in a completely different direction, and if you're going to say I should remove characters or call something boring, I'll honestly ignore it.
And please make the suggestions here :
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … d=2406&p=7
not on this thread, i want to keep this one a bit summarized for the releases and troubleshooting the mod ..

#36 11/15/12 19:11

Knox

Samer wrote:

.. so knox which one do you prefer ?

Which what?

Oni fan since 2001.

#37 11/15/12 19:11

Samer
Website

the previous version with skull team alone .. or the updated with a second round of enemies

#38 11/15/12 19:11

Knox

Second round of enemies version. I enjoy a challenge. Especially when it kicks my ass multiple times. tongue

Oni fan since 2001.

#39 03/19/13 14:03

JD

Hi. I just installed the default version of AE and tried to install the 22005 SamMegaPack-Characters. But the AE installer is not able to recognize it. Any idea what might be going wrong? I really wanna play these characters...pl. help smile

#40 03/20/13 09:03

Iritscen

Hmm, when did you download 22005?  Because it looks like Samer took it offline back on 2/25.  Anyway, it's possible that you d/led a version that was made to work with the new AE Installer that's under development.  If you look inside the package folder at Mod_Info.cfg, what value does AEInstallVersion have?

Samer, I'm thinking we should probably upload the 1.1 packages again for your mods, as we did successfully test the 2.0 features like dependencies, but in the meantime we have a few other things to finish before we can release and I'd rather not have this hanging over my head while trying to finish the other work :-)  I should have the 1.1 packages laying around somewhere, if you would prefer someone else upload them for you.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#41 03/20/13 11:03

JD

Yes. Indeed. It is made for AE installer v2.0. And the AE installer version is v1.1. What to do now? Can someone pl. upload old packages. Can't w8 to play my favourite game...I just got a break for few days... sad Pl. samer can you upload the old file? Btw whens the v2.0 coming anyways?

#42 03/20/13 13:03

Samer
Website

Hi JD, thanks for the interest in my mods smile
to make them AE 1.1 Compatible ... after you download the package use this mod.cfg instead https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/Mod_Info.cfg

also after you download the package you'll notice there's a win_only a mac_only and a common folder .. you need to rearrange these folders such that in the pack it's 22005SMPCharacters then after it oni folder then level0_final ..  meaning delete the mac_only and combine the win_only and common folders' content and put them in the oni\level0_Final in the pack...

We (I) didn't expect the new AE is going to take this much time .. @Iritscen I really hope it's not going to take much longer .. besides the patch glass issue and the dll what else is left :\ ?
can't we leave them for another update and release what we have .. it seems a bit pointless to delay it further just for the glass issue when the single glass pack does work already ... or at least let's have some sort of estimation for the delay (we've been saying a week or 2 for more than a month now) and a reminder I'm ready to help with whatever.

i did unpublish that pack cause it will be useless once the new AE is released ... and I don't want it to be used further because we can't have OR in the dependency so other packs will have dependencies on single character packs not this one.
if you want to have the AE 1.1 versions on the depot then please don't remove the 2.0 versions .. upload the 1.1 to the same page but just hide the 2.0 ones cause I made several changes to them and don't want to upload the 2.0 again later (then when the new AE is released we'll hide the 1.1 version and reshow the 2.0). I can't upload them myself again at this time. btw it's not only my packages several other mods have been updated same way .. mainly bsl mods ... and some texture mods ..

#43 03/20/13 15:03

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

@Iritscen I really hope it's not going to take much longer .. besides the patch glass issue and the dll what else is left :\ ?

A whole bunch.  Remember the to-do list on the wiki?  Even with the help from Alloc (and various others who will all be thanked effusively upon the AE's release), it's more complex than anyone realizes, and we only have so much free time to spend on it.  I could bore you with the details, but not here, not now.

can't we leave them for another update and release what we have

Only if we don't care about first impressions wink

or at least let's have some sort of estimation for the delay (we've been saying a week or 2 for more than a month now) and a reminder I'm ready to help with whatever.

Unfortunately, the AE has always been "unestimateable".  Each of the AE releases since the first one in 2008 has involved several months of work and slipped way past its planned release date.  I thought this new one would go more quickly, so perhaps I failed to learn from history, but the fact remains that I need to do this right in order to have a clear conscience when it's released.  As long as we don't have anyone externally forcing a deadline on us, why should I rush?  Why not make sure everything is in order first?  I'd rather pull back the one thing that is causing me stress, the 2.0-upgraded packages, and take the time to do things right, than rush out an AE to catch up to the packages you guys upgraded, even if it does only take a couple more weeks to finish.

if you want to have the AE 1.1 versions on the depot then please don't remove the 2.0 versions .. upload the 1.1 to the same page but just hide the 2.0 ones

Okay, this makes sense.  I'll resurrect the 1.1 versions from the Depot or my HD and unpublish the 2.0 ones for now.

#44 03/21/13 04:03

JD

Thanks samer. It works fine now. I really liked Casey btw. I am really happy in this game we can still have fun with this game coz of dedicated modders.

Btw how did you take those images....is there something like a 'vanity mode' mod available? You know...like in fable 1 when i pressed 'v' I could watch my character from upfront....that gives a nice feel to the game...

#45 03/21/13 08:03

Iritscen

Since I got here before Samer, I'll answer that smile  You have to enable Dev Mode (type 'x' on the F1 Pause Screen), then press Enter to cycle through camera modes.  See the wiki page for details.

#46 03/21/13 10:03

Samer
Website

I'm not saying we should rush or that we should do that to catch up with updated packs .. the reason why we should have a new AE is still the same as discussed before, because players simply need an easier one (easier to install packs easier compatibilities and dependencies and i feel that's been accomplished already) ..
so i hope we keep the motivation and drive going, because believe it or not users are waiting for it regardless of whether the packs are 2.0 or 1.1 ...I'm getting regular questions about it on facebook group :\
from my perspective, the AE installer works, and the game works and all popular mods have been tackled and tested and there's no reason why users can't start enjoying it ... since mandatory packs and fixes will be installed and updated they can be made later (when they don't have a major game stopping effect)

stuff like knockdown revamp, glass mods or dashing AI can be released later since they're optional anyway and hidden from the depot till then... talking with you through email and checking the to-do list i'm still unclear what's left .. the bug fixes like tctf attacking civilians and floating dream lab portraits have been made and just need packing ... for the glass patch xml thing though it's brilliant idea .. the execution seems to be causing problems so why delay everything for an optional mod ? (that already works as is and in fact changing it will force us to go back to several already published packs and edit them to remove the additional particles)
so maybe when you can ... bore me with the details tongue through email or something ..

Last edited by Samer (03/21/13 10:03)

#47 04/03/13 02:04

Samer
Website

sam mega pack characters is no longer supported .. since the new AE installer allows to easily install individual character packs

Last edited by Samer (04/03/13 02:04)

#48 06/16/13 06:06

Samer
Website

Version 2.0 Updated on 16/6/2013

Change Log :

*Characters use their custom melee profiles to utilize all their unique moves.
*Hayate and Hanako are now incorporated into the story too at Regional State Building and Rooftops Level, you'll cross paths several times.
*Fixed possible bug with the Casey cutscene at TCTF HQ Redux
*Randomized the golden TCTF variant appearances in TCTF HQ Redux and Sc Lab (in version 1 only the 2 variants of GoldenTCTF version 1 would appear)
*Changes to characters' health in dream lab and added a hidden hypo in the jester area. (I initially adjusted the health for use with Upgraded ONCCs but without it some characters like Muro ended up with very low health)

Watch this new video ! to see how Hayate and Hanako get incorporated into the story\game and to review some of the other changes made by this package.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUR66F9r … e=youtu.be
this video shows clips of some but not all of the custom character appearances made by this package.

Last edited by Samer (06/16/13 11:06)

#49 06/17/13 06:06

Samer
Website

IF anyone tries this (Seriously you should big_smile) I want your opinion on the hayate fight at regional state building and hanako at save pt 1 rooftops .. they're using custom melee profiles .. is the fight too easy or too hard or hopefully, just right ?...
in Edt's video giving them that melee profile made them weak vs AI controlled konoko but in my tests as player i found them challenging enough, so I want another opinion from a player's perspective.

Last edited by Samer (06/17/13 06:06)

#50 06/17/13 12:06

Lithium

Had a fair challenge at rooftops. As for Regional, I struggled with him.

Edit: I see you made the black ops in the HQ Redux more agressie

Last edited by Lithium (06/18/13 01:06)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Board footer