Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/25/13 09:04

paradox-01

New package "Rifle Sprinting"

When you check your AEInstaller you should discover a new package named "Rifle Sprinting" (Pkg number 51000).

Not much to say. With that mod you can sprint while holding any weapon. Aiming is of course disabled.
It's still an improvement over not being able to sprint with weapons. No?

#2 04/25/13 10:04

Iritscen

Re: New package "Rifle Sprinting"

In a way, I think this would be most logical to include with an "unholsterable rifle" mod for added realism.  But even as-is, it allows you to sprint without having to put away the rifle first, which is neat.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 04/25/13 10:04

paradox-01

Why should be rifles unholsterable? Because they disappear when holstered? Then what about pistols??

#4 04/25/13 11:04

Iritscen

It's not as noticeable when they disappear into hammerspace as when a giant rifle does smile Didn't mean to distract from this mod, just thinking aloud.  The concept has been thrown around for a while.

#5 04/25/13 11:04

paradox-01

I agree on the WMC being unholsterable because of its size. But I wouldn't like to see the same for rifles just because of the lame engine.

Last edited by paradox-01 (04/25/13 11:04)

#6 04/25/13 12:04

Iritscen

Well the other idea was to make rifles holster in a more realistic way, i.e., with a sling.  We could probably get the game to attach the weapon as a particle to the character's back or side, but it wouldn't look right when they did acrobatics like backward rolls.

Board footer