Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/26/13 17:01

uroboros

Need help with importing textures.

I'm having a hard time with figuring out how to import my new ninja textures to oni.
I have already created TXMP_.oni files with the same names as from the original textures.
Then I tried to replace the TXMPs from the edition/gamedatafolder/level_0final with my textures but it doesn't change anything.
It seems like crating an AE package is the only way to make it work but I find it a little bit complicated.

I would really appreciate a step by step instruction on how to make a texture package. smile

Last edited by uroboros (01/26/13 17:01)

#2 01/26/13 17:01

Samer
Website

Re: Need help with importing textures.

making a package is very easy once you try it ^_^ 
what you can simply do is open your packages folder and copy paste any already made package ..
example 24000Severed rename it to a new name like 23960NinjaTextures ( i suggested this number cz it's closer to other character texture packs) 
open the folder .. open the mod.cfg inside it and change the data in it .. creator .. modstring .. modname etc .. now delete the other files from the oni folder inside the package and put your txmps instead in a level0_Final .. so you'll have  23960NinjaTextures inside it a mod.cfg and an oni folder .. inside the oni folder you have level0_Final and inside this your TXMPs. now open AE installer and check this new mod and click install.
or you could just follow the wiki tutorial http://wiki.oni2.net/Making_a_mod_packa … format_1.1 ^_^

and both script's vago gui and demos's gui have a simple make a package feature.

Then I tried to replace the TXMPs from the edition/gamedatafolder/level_0final with my textures but it doesn't change anything

i advise you to not do that again tongue you shouldn't mess with the files in the gamedatafolder directly.

if you simply want to test your txmps btw you can drop them inside any other pack you have ..

if all else fails upload them here and i'll make them a pack for you.

Last edited by Samer (01/26/13 17:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 01/26/13 18:01

uroboros

Thx for the help Samer. I like the first method, will try it out tomorrow. smile

#4 01/26/13 18:01

Iritscen

One of the nice things about the AE is that it forces people to *not* directly mod their game data smile  All changes are broken out into packages so modders can't lose track of what they changed in the game and start experiencing weird behaviors from accumulated mod debris (which used to happen a lot).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 01/29/13 10:01

uroboros

Ok so I imported few textures and this happened. :U
nq3TYTH.jpg

Is something like this a known problem with a solution how to fix it?
If not, could someone import these textures for me, because I have no idea what am I doing wrong.

#6 01/29/13 12:01

Samer
Website

you have something wrong with the alpha channels.
when you made the texture .. on photoshop did you have an alpha channel and colored the reflective parts shades of grey\white and the non reflective parts black ?
then how did you convert them to TXMP.oni ? best to convert from tga to oni .. png does't support alpha channel which is needed for reflectivity.
what I recommend is to uses vago gui (a tool made by script-10k) http://mods.oni2.net/node/203 .. it will make modding a lot easier for you .. after you download and install it ..
there's a texture tab in it .. you select the files you want to convert to oni .. and you select BRGA32, Large, and in Envmmap you type TXMPstrikerarmor and click convert ... very simple using the gui ...
then like you did before after they're converted put them in the pack .. you'll get the hang of it in no time I'm sure ^_^

#7 01/29/13 14:01

uroboros

Samer wrote:

you have something wrong with the alpha channels.

Yeah I thought so too. But its something different.
At the first time I converted to TXMP  tga files with 100% white alpha (on these texures where reflections weren't needed).
Then I completely deleted alpha channel and tried again but it didn't changed anything- screenshot .
I selected [x]generate mipmaps [x]large and [x]bgra32 otpions in onisplit gui.
Maybe its related to buffer overflow because I used as big textures as it was possible.

#8 01/29/13 15:01

Samer
Website

you have to specify the envmap ... if you don't it will become transparent instead of reflective.
""tga files with 100% white alpha (on these texures where reflections weren't needed).""  you mean black ? white is reflective black isn't.
i think you just forgot the envmap TXMPstrikerarmor happened with me once before, then i started using it on purpose to make trnasparent textures.
buffer overflow doesn't affect textures.
anyway if after you put the envmap it still doesn't work , upload 1 of ur tga files so i can see it.

#9 02/02/13 18:02

Samer
Website

Did it work uroboros ?

#10 02/03/13 06:02

uroboros

I don't know what was the problem but after restarting computer it worked. Now only red ones needs to be converted and the package will be finished smile

Last edited by uroboros (02/03/13 06:02)

Board footer