Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#626 10/23/12 16:10

Lithium

Re: Various New characters Project

Wow she might be nice in Oni, although her pants look incredibly baggy..

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#627 10/27/12 04:10

Samer
Website

After I release James and Jamie .. I will release the mega pack characters only (no bgi characters)
and hopefully the level modifications and new level will be released after it ..

After that I'm going to take a break from Oni for a while, to renew my interest in modding, it's long overdue .. I've done a lot of the characters I wanted to do already, mainly the BGI are left.

Things to come :
*Apollo (will be released with the mega pack level along with rayman)
*BGI Hammer release
*Jubei and Akane remake
*BGI executives release and agents update
*Sarai release with an extra outfit
*BGI Hydra release

and that will be it .. though for the future on a longer run I'd still want to make Imago Konokos and an Ultimate Griffin, but I'll see, it will depend how motivated I feel .. but after these I'll try to pick up another form of modding, animations and levels and some bsl.

Last edited by Samer (10/27/12 04:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#628 10/27/12 09:10

EdT
Website

I encourage you to make new levels.  It is a lot of fun, besides, all your characters needs a new playground! smile

Regarding Faith, I tried working on that model a couple of years ago, but, the model I found had a very high polygon count and couldn't get it down enough to play in Oni.

#629 10/29/12 15:10

Samer
Website

some uses on the facebook group will be helping me with sounds for some female characters ..
continuing the discussion from there

here's a list :

For Hanako like hayate she needs super move sounds like :
Cyclone Kick and Dragon Claw, in addition to taunts such as hayate's : "You can't defeat me", and "You have much to learn"
(serious a bit arrogant tone, kung fo master thingy)

for jessie (female jester) we need :
DOOM BALL .. and WHIRL KICK (like furies but in a crazy voice like jester) ..
we also need an alert sound like u did for jester leus :
AHH (when the AI sees u) ..
and something like I WILL CATCH YOU big_smile
and an evil crazy laugh HAHAHA
and taunts like u did (na na na nanaaa and CATCH ME IF YOU CAN)

for jamie we need a serious voice for taunts: (whoever wants these go for it.)
"We want the truth!"
"They're lying to us !"
"How dare you!"
"I'm sure he was just doing his job."
"Stay away from my kids !"

For Sarai .. I'm not sure exactly tongue what she should get ..
Luna Rin are u registered on the forum ? we can discuss more freely there on the various character projects thread.

#630 11/16/12 18:11

Samer
Website

These are some ideas I have .. just going to document them here in case I don't get to them ..

I've always wanted to make Imago Konoko(s).

3 possible variants :
Good - butterfly like .. her abilities will be telekinetic, telepathic, mental.
example :
*she'll float on the ground or (slightly above it) not walk . (I guess I'll replace the walking animations with idle animations)
*she'll be able to ''telekinetically'' throw enemies, ( i guess by muro's telekinetic particle made invisible, but will be a challenge if she's to shoot it from her hands and control it well, so maybe it will just push enemies away or wait for animation give an invisible weapon that can't be holstered and then take away)
*she'll be able to freeze enemies for a short while big_smile (wait for animation bsl command probably the willow kick move with a suitable animation, then the command ai2_allpassive then sleep for some frames then ai2_allpassive off, however will need a way to make it only work 1 time or after a long cool off time so it's not spammable)
*ability to confuse and turn enemies against each other (what does the reservoirdogs cheat do ? can it be turned on or something similar via bsl ? change team commands won't work cz i'll have to know all characters present names at all times)
*ability to make an energy barrier ... I did that by accident while experimenting with rayman energy balls, hope i can replicate and refine it.
*weapon immune.

the other 2 variants evil path :
1 is stealthy, incredibly fast and mukade like ...
one is big super strong mutant muro like

P.S : gonna ditch these :
Capture%20292.jpg2010-02-15%2014%2026%2052.jpg
and start over when I get to her.

Last edited by Samer (11/16/12 18:11)

#631 11/17/12 22:11

Samer
Website

#632 11/17/12 23:11

Knox

Badass, if I do say so myself.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#633 11/18/12 00:11

EdT
Website

That is awesome!

#634 11/18/12 02:11

Samer
Website

I've decided to merge the Hammer and Shocker into 1 character ^_^
which package modifies barabus's attacks so he does an explosion sort of thing ?
the one shown here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD6Ai8uufJI

EdT do you have the files cause you used part of them for the Boss Battle Level Right ?

Last edited by Samer (11/18/12 03:11)

#635 11/18/12 09:11

EdT
Website

Loser did not release the explosion version, at the time, it was not a popular idea: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 793#p39793

It seems like he used the explosion from the sbg, but modified it to not affect the character using it.

#636 11/18/12 09:11

Samer
Website

I'm more interested in the first part, the energy sapping, konoko is lifted up and then pushed .. I want to know how he did that.
sad thx anyway

#637 11/18/12 11:11

EdT
Website

The only files I have of Loser's Barabus are the ones in the Boss Battle.  They are dated Feb 10-12 2012

#638 11/19/12 08:11

Loser

Coming from Youtube comment:
I cannot provide files, since Oni related software is currently prohibited on my laptop. I can provide only know-how from top of my head, which will be too much inaccurate.

The particle attack consisted of a three particles - main particle, energy bits particles and an audiovisual explosion particle.

main
Main particle was attached to the character, similar to contrail or glow particles.
Main particle had an emitter for energy bits particles. These were emitted with "link to this". Also, the emitter had "Position" property set as "sphere". See http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:BINA/PAR3#XML_section.
At the end of the main particle's lifetime, "BlastDamage" was called and one instance of audiovisual explosion particle was spawned via "EmitParticles".

energy bits
Energy bits had attractor "Link".
Energy bits had actions "MoveLine" and "AttractGravity" in Update event. That is the mechanism which makes them fly towards the parent particle.
Energy bits also collide with characters. When they collided with any character, they called the action "DamageChar", however this action was set to not affect the DamageOwner.
- The action DamageChar with DamageType 6 (pickup) and quite high value of StunDamage is what allows these particles to attract enemies.
- DamageType 6 (pickup) is the damage type used by Muro's attractor lightning. This damage type has quite interesting property - while it does not disable gravity for characters, it can create greater force than gravity. Thus, if there is a continuous stream of particles which collide with the character and on collision they call DamageChar action with the DamageType 6 (pickup), it can lift the character off the ground.
- Another very interesting property of DamageType 6 (pickup) is that if a character is lifted off the ground due to the effect of this DamageType, the said character can dwell in the air as long as the effect is lasting, without dying. Normally characters are forced to die after they are in the air for longer than 300 time units. DamageType 6 (pickup) seems to somehow negate this fail-safe air killing mechanism.

audiovisual explosion
Not much to be said here. Obviously stolen and edited from original Mad Bomber's explosion.

Last edited by Loser (11/19/12 08:11)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#639 11/19/12 10:11

Samer
Website

thanks for the reply Loser, I have some questions still if you can spare some time.

in the e01 (attached to pelvis)
I have this :
<Emitter>
                <Class>w13_muro_p01</Class>
                <Flags />
                <TurnOffTreshold>0</TurnOffTreshold>
                <Probability>1</Probability>
                <Copies>1</Copies>
                <LinkTo>this<LinkTo>
                <Rate>
                    <Continous>
                        <Interval>emit_ray</Interval>
                    </Continous>
                </Rate>

I'm struggling with the copies and Flags part .. setting it to this makes it stun enemies continuously but rarely carry them .. (i'm temporarly modifyinf muro's thunderbolt .. I'll rename it later)
the original w13_muro_e01 had different interval, and oneperattractor and onlyone flags.
I took a look at dragon_fist_e01 from paradox's dragon unit, that particle always carries them
it had this :

<Emitter>
                <Class>dragon_fist_p01</Class>
                <Flags />
                <TurnOffTreshold>0</TurnOffTreshold>
                <Probability>1</Probability>
                <Copies>100</Copies>
                <LinkTo />
                <Rate>
                    <Continous>
                        <Interval>emit_rate</Interval>
                    </Continous>
                </Rate>

(dragon_fist_p01 is basically same as muro's thunderbolt p01 with some adjustments to distance, speed and self immune.)
anyway here the 100 copies carry the enemy .. rarely stun (which is what i want) however this particle shoots straight .. when I have the position set as sphere or bodysurface (which i want) then they go in every direction stun the enemy several times, instead of carrying him ( i have the effect for abt 200 frames and attractor hostiles)
i also experimented with lower copies (5 to 10) and oneperattractor .. But i can't seem to get the mix right it either stuns enemies multiple times and kills them quickly or carries the far ones but not the close ones, or just gets chaotic and lasts forever.
Any chance you remember the correct settings that made yours carry konoko smoothly at close range and not stun her continously.

for making them directed towards source .. U said moveline and the gravity flags .. Checking the wiki there are subtags in these .. I've got no idea what the values should be or the range .. Is there any other particle that uses them so i can compare it to ? (i compared the sphere radius to konoko's powerup)

Last edited by Samer (11/19/12 11:11)

#640 11/20/12 15:11

Samer
Website

second preview still needs refining
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1w-LCo5 … e=youtu.be

#641 11/20/12 18:11

ltemplar

Hmm..

What thous red thunders doing there(conceptional checking or something)?
In one word -to overpower in comparison to other chars for my taste- but i understand is only test version so in the normal game thous attacks will be toned down right?
Did you plan to implement rhino charge too or this concept is abandoned?

I have some idea for the range attack for you to rethink. Instead of electro discharge(when his fist connect with the floor) you can create chock wave moving near the ground surface in forward direction - blasting everything on its patch. You should use for this aiming particle(1-th one- witch relatively short life time) , and the the second one moving in forward direction only with will be simulating wave (the life time should be much longer)..The "scream cell"(with will be perfect for use the bay pass char flag) one when touch enemy will send them flying(create impact explosion- see impact modifiers).
One note.
Its relay important that the first one should be able to bypass chars too but don't hurt the owner(but you already know that) and will be only use for aiming the second one "wave" on enemy(that's why it should have short life time - 10 frames or so- to pick the target only ).

Last edited by ltemplar (11/20/12 18:11)

#642 11/20/12 18:11

Samer
Website

The red thunders will be colored green, but that's about it smile he lifts them up (the red thunder part) and then throws them away (the green part) (took a lot of trial and error to figure the lifting up) it's same principle as loser's barabus attack but i didn't make them invisible.
i asked for help on how i can make it look better (meaning details) but no one replied so this is the best i could do on my own ..
toning them down will be by forcing a pause after he does the move .. (the damage is already little, though it's an energy attack but the sum of the damage is as much as barabus earthquaker or konoko's devil spin kick.
He's a boss so he's kinda meant to be overpowered, keep in mind if player has forcefield most of the attacks will be less powerful.
I thought about ur range attack for the move where he hit his sigle punch to the ground, but i couldn't do it, i'm still not good with particles, and what u described is complicated for me with my current particle skills to make. If you'd like to make it for me i'd appreciate it.
As for the rhino charge .. I decided to merge the shocker and hammer into 1 character, so the heavy kick is the one with lifting and shocking. The rhino charge will become his running kick move .. However m not sure if i'm going to use the animation u used or modify striker's/swat's heavy kick / head buff cz in the animation u used as i said before he hits with his chest and not head, (that's the whole point of the horn) and he just slides above the ground like he has roller blades on his feet while i wanted him to actually move his feet while he's charging (take a look at golden tctf heavy kick charge made by Andrew) anyway i'll try to modify the animation u made and striker's heavy kick, and use whichever looks better.

Last edited by Samer (11/20/12 20:11)

#643 11/21/12 08:11

ltemplar

Hmm..

Question: From movie that you provided on you tube(heavy punch floor electric discharge)I can clearly see that fist is not oriented in forward directory. Thats really important issue ..because the released particle will don't know where to go(especially if I will remove the homing flag from it)..Can you check in what directory this fist is oriented?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ltemplar (11/21/12 08:11)

#644 11/21/12 08:11

EdT
Website

Those moves and particles look great! How is the Hammer as an opponent?

#645 11/21/12 18:11

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

From movie that you provided on you tube(heavy punch floor electric discharge)I can clearly see that fist is not oriented in forward directory. ....
Can you check in what directory this fist is oriented?

mm they heavy punch one is the one with 2 fists and earthquaker i don't want to change that.
but the dynamic punch - low punch - (crouch + punch together) using 1 fist in the video ... is the one up for change.
I don't understand how exactly can i see the direction of the fist ? .. it's same as Striker's or Swat's dynamic punch (STRCOMpunch_low) if you want you can check it out urself for the right info.

EDIT: Actually ltemplar i think the forward punch needs something special more than that move .. his forward punch is that of elite TRAMELICOMpunch_fw.. opens arms and brings them down .. i feel we should have something special at the end of that move .. any ideas ?

Thanks Ed ..
As an opponent he's like elite and barabus, powerful but slow .. which makes him weak in some aspects in confronting agile characters such as konoko, so i have to find the right balance between some moves' power, speed and invulnerability, still not sure if i should make him weapon immune and un-throwable .. the un-throwable makes sense cz he's too big and heavy but at same time that can be a weakness as he can't be knocked down (if i give him the canttouchthis flag) and thus you can just keep punching away as he's stunned and not knocked down and because he won't have a melee shield like mutant muro.  So still not sure :\

the heavy kick (lift and shock) has some issues, when there are multiple enemies it only lifts one of them, and if the enemy is not in front of him it doesn't always catch them ..

Last edited by Samer (11/21/12 18:11)

#646 11/21/12 20:11

Samer
Website

question about particles and shield .. what determines what damage it does to the shield ? isn't it same amount of damage that it does to character ?
the telekinetic part of the hammer attack removes the shield of a character completely :\ but it doesn't do damage to a character not wearing shield :\

#647 11/22/12 04:11

ltemplar

Hmmm..

Yes. My question was about the striker low punch (so one fist connect with floor)- because now I know what animation it is I can check it in XSI to see the coordinates and bone rotation for it.

About TRAMELICOMpunch_fw - hmm...it can be more like powerful punch(single fist hit- slow but deadly) that will knock out enemy from his feet and send him fly backward(no mater if he block it or not).

The question is witch shield you have on your mind?
-Blue one takes the dmg from particle  character dmg table(to values minimum and maximum)-
-the red one aka boss shield is reducing all particle dmg(again takes it from char dmg) by half
-the orange one .. create immunity like effect both for psychical contact and particle ..the only way to dmg. someone with such shield is to throw him.

But there is more than that.
The chars have materials depending damage on impact tree(but you know this already)
For example
Using armor do no additional dmg to char while using clothes/flesh..do +2 dmg from impact etc.
So shooting stomach on striker for example or legs (unarmored parts) is more efficient than shooting his armored chest.

Are you sure that telekinetic attack don't do any dmg?From my observation it definitely does(like wdg one dmg. per hit) ...but of course i will check this.

#648 11/22/12 06:11

Samer
Website

i meant the blue shield .. i modified the telekinetic particle from the original .. observing health points .. (ai2_showhealth) .. the telekinetic part doesn't lower the health points but it removes the blue shield quickly which is weird :\
as for the slow but deadly single fist that sounds like TCTF's lion fist ..  i was hoping to use that elite animation ELICOMpunch_fw but with something special at it's end .. i'll think of something.

EDIT : btw any progress on the typhoon :\ ? I'm considering giving him some of the energy attacks instead of the hammer ..

Last edited by Samer (11/22/12 06:11)

#649 11/22/12 15:11

ltemplar

Probably i will finish typhoon in the end of this week.

#650 11/23/12 18:11

Loser

Some intel about Pickup DamageType (6). Since all of the info is based on observations, I don't want to write it on the wiki.

But first:
In PAR3, actions DamageChar and DamageBlast (both of which can damage characters) have Damage and StunDamage.

Damage is simply a damage dealt to characters, a value subtracted from charcter's HP if the character is hit. If the character has a blue shield, the Damage value is subtracted from the "shield HP" if hit. DamageType 6 (Pickup) uses the Damage value in a bit different way. However, it still drains blue shield.

StunDamage value is a time in frames for which the character is (or should be) stunned. Some DamageTypes use the Stun Damage to specify how long should be the receiving character dazed (major stun DamageType, used for w6_vdg's attack particle), other DamageTypes use the StunDamage value to determine whether to daze or knockdown the receiving character (minor stun DamageType, used for w4_psm' beam) and for some DamageTypes this value has little to no effect (Knockdown, Blownup). DamageType 6 (Pickup) again uses the StunDamage value a little differently than other DamageTypes.

So, some info about the Pickup:

- Pickup works only on "stunned" characters. By "stunned" is meant characters which are under StunDamage condition. This StunDamage can be induced by the Pickup itself. While the Pickup does not make the receiving character visibly dizzy, it will work for the pickup mechanism.

- The particle with Pickup DamageType has to have a DamageOwner and a link which can trace the ownership of the particle back to some character. With other DamageTypes this condition is not that important, but Pickup will not work without the DamageOwner.

- In the background, there's some sort of a "total pickup damage" variable. This variable has minimum of 0 and maximum of 100. It cannot go below zero and it cannot go above 100, it caps at 100 if the dealt pickup damage is higher.

- The value of the "total pickup damage" is increased for the Damage value each time the character is hit by a particle which deal Pickup damage. Of course if the "total pickup damage" is already 100, it will not go over 100.

- "total pickup damage" decreases as time flows. The rate is 1 unit per frame, that makes 60 units subtracted from the "total pickup damage"  per second. Of course if the "total pickup damage" is already zero, it will not go below zero.

- if character is damaged by Pickup DamageType, the value in Damage field is added to this character's "total pickup damage", of course given the fact the "total pickup damage" is not already 100.

- If "total pickup damage" is under 100, the character is not affected by the Pickup DamageType (knockback still works, but no damage or special status is inflicted).

- If "total pickup damage" reaches 100 for some character, the game engine put the character into "Picked up" status. The character starts flailing in the air and is unable to escape.

- When in floating status, character is lifted so high that the slope of the "line between the particle's DamageOwner and the affected victim" is equal to 1 (angle is 45° from the the horizontal plane).
Concurrently with this process, affected character is slowly dragged towards the DamageOwner of the particle. Velocity of the dragging is unknown to me and seems to be hardcoded.
Dragging motion ends when the affected character is about 35~40 units near the particle's DamageOwner. Then the character simply dwells in the air. If the DamageOwner runs away, the affected character will be again dragged towards the DamageOwner.

- If the floating status was initiated with the affected character being closer than 35 units, the mechanism does not fully lift the character, it only makes this character enter "Picked up" status.

- If "total pickup damage" reaches zero while the affected character is in the "Picked up" status, the character will be released from the Pickup.

- If a stun condition of the affected character runs out while the affected character is still being held in Pickup, then the affected character is releaed.

- This whole mechanism and its constants are most probably hardcoded (since this feature was designed exclusively for the Mutant Muro A.I. character).

Happy modding,
Loser

Last edited by Loser (11/23/12 18:11)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

Board footer