var bool do_follow=true;

instead. I didn't tested the code.

Awesome avatars btw!

Last edited by s10k (11/09/12 06:11)

#152 11/09/12 09:11

Iritscen

Re: Custom Character Mega Pack - discussion

Very nice job on the Casey avatar.  I think I know what you based it on ^_^

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#153 11/09/12 09:11

Samer
Website

Thanks .. Hehe yeah, i mixed and matched tongue ... Btw do you know why these avatars weren't used in game ? Or where they were meant to be used ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#154 11/09/12 09:11

Iritscen

I would just guess that the avatars were made "on spec" by artists.  In other words, the devs said, "Give us a few civilians, a few of Muro, etc." and then didn't always have a place to use them.  But really, since the game underwent rewrites, I couldn't say; it's like the unsolved mystery of how "Casey" was going to be used.

#155 11/09/12 17:11

Lithium

Dang dude, well done on the Casey one

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#156 11/09/12 23:11

Samer
Website

I added casey as partner in some save pts of the first few levels .. But i think casey and konoko need more oppurtinities for their relationship to evolve ..
I got this idea .. That maybe konoko and casey can go ou on a date (before the tctf hq attack and chaos) in a restaurant or something, have a nice dialogue and cutscene (i can't believe you convinced me to come here ... We needed a break, you did a great job in the airport attaching that sensor.. Etc ..) and while they're there the restaurant gets robbed .. Not necessarily by syndicate .. And casey and konoko fight the baddies together.... ^_^
yeah i got nothing close to make that happen (need level and scripting) but just an idea i'm throwing out there ...
All i can do is make casey a suit and konoko a nice outfit .. Dress or something, one day.

Last edited by Samer (11/09/12 23:11)

#157 11/10/12 00:11

Valkyrur

Why not simply have some levels which are just cutscenes between levels? It gets a bit meh when the protaganist is constantly in and out of fights with no real rest.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#158 11/16/12 06:11

ltemplar

Ok about this Mega pack conversion:

I will only post things that in my opinion need correction

1)the dream level- I don't like entire jester Idea at first place..but ..its your mod so i will not interfere abut likings...But i told you this fight is boring and thats why:
a)The 3 states are similar
b)The small jester is annoyingly hard to hit and do huge amount of dmg.(not to mention he can throw which look odd)
c)The big one.. do exactly what small and middle one.

Possible solution will be to expand thous differences more..So small jester will be hard to hit but he will not have throws and will do half of the dmg. than normal jester. Normal jester can stay how it is now. The big jester(mutant one) will have devastating throws(think about tanker or elite moves) his moves will do a lot of dmg. but he will not use combos...This way you will have his progression from small "toy" to his real final form(I also think that smaller one will have half the health of middle and the big one will have doubled health of the middle).

2)Final fight- why not make something similar to EdT's final fight in china mod? This will look more interesting than overall brawler..time..and look more like an assault.I also think that adding konoko daodan evolution (more health after itch daodan spike will not hurt too- and you can that way balance the game. For example - after her fight with Barabbas she will have 250 health , after rescue the Shinatama 300 hp , etc.

3)The Mukade fight. Maybe there thous two ninjas(Hanako and Hayate) can be added, so theirs presentation in dream lab will not look so odd?the can be sub bosses..Hanako replacing fury, Hayate replacing red or blue ninja (or they can be re-placers of thous two ninjas(blue and green) waiting for you before you will be able activate this elevator which will take you to the second floor? - thats only suggestion.

Is this form of critique is better?

Last edited by ltemplar (11/16/12 06:11)

#159 11/16/12 10:11

Samer
Website

About jester mini strikers can also throw and when thrown look odd it's game main mechanics fault, mini strikers also do same amount of damage as the big strikers .. (same TRAC and TRAMs)
The differences are subtle because he's same character.
However you bring interesting points,
I agree on removing throws from mini jester, and on reducing the damage of his hits. (though that would mean replicating and editing all his TRAMS) but maybe i'll keep his running throws (where he just runs and jumps on your face big_smile)
For giant jester i agree he should be a little less agile but not removing combos all together even mutant muro has combos. About throws i'm afraid that will also look even weirder. If i give him elite's throw (punch to face) he'll carry konoko and due to the size will end up punching the air ...yet konoko will be sent flying, also fear that his throws will make him similar to other characters like barabus, bgi heavy bot, tanker, golden tctf too much who already use these throws. But i agree on giving him different throws if i figure out how to balance the heights so he's not throwing thin air .. And maybe remove some of his more agile moves and replace them with mutant muro's or heavier slower versions example running kick and cartswheels and low kick.
about health they already do, mini jester has 30 hp medium 150 and giant about 100 .. mini jester lowest cz he's hardest to hit .. Giant is lower than medium cz he's more powerful to keep things balanced.
However these updates will take me some time cz they'll envolve changing the TRAC and individual TRAMS ... (he has more than 20 individual TRAMS) second issue for me will be updating .. I can update the separate jester package but not the 40 Mb megapackcharacters package. And i don't think it will be worth reupdating both the PC and Mac versions (both 40 mb) with this change. But i'm going to consider it for the separate jester pack.

2.final battle : i love china mod's final battle but i want to stay true to the original game concept here .. In original game muro is supported by 2 furies then 2 elites then ninja while konoko 2 swats and griffin .. I modified that to have more powerful characters and then added another round, but having a lengthy assault will be very chaotic for this and not to mention too difficult for me to script. In china mod it works cause you have to protect mukade and there are many characters ... Here if player stays focused on muro and kills him, doesn't matter what else is going on.

3. Hayate and hanako, i agree i need to incorporate them somewhere else too .. My issue with rooftops is it's easy to throw them of the rooftops ... I'll need to see how Ed and script manage to make them teleport back up when they fall, but without using mukade's combat ID.
Lithium suggested adding 2 subbosses at the end / beginnig of rooftops regional state building ... The ninja that hang to the zip line with mukade could be hayate (this one you later fight at start of rooftops) and the one that stays could be hanako you fight her in the end of regional state building.
The area you mentioned is also interesting End of save pt 1 where easy and med ninja (1 with vdg is waiting)
there's also this place where 2 ninjas will be waiting for you to take the zip line. (one with gun, i'll take the gun away)
And another where a blue ninja is hiding after that zip ride
Will have to think about best location for them more ...
(this i can easily update cz SMP-conversion is few kbs while for jester SMP-characters is 40  Mb)
and yes 'this form of critique' is better.

Last edited by Samer (11/16/12 10:11)

#160 06/07/13 21:06

Samer
Website

trying to replace the outro ninja at regional state building with hayate_black  .. the one whose back konoko jumps on to ride to the rooftops.
It's in the AISAlevel11_scripts
I change
<AISACharacter>
                <Name></Name>
                <ScriptId>110</ScriptId>
                <FlagId>0</FlagId>
                <Flags></Flags>
                <Team>TCTF</Team>
                <Class>ONCCninja_easy_1</Class>

to <Class>ONCChayate_black</Class>

and I include the ONLVstate in the same folder, like paradox told me to do before when i was trying to replace konoko with konoko blackops for atmospheric exterior cutscene.
problem is at savepoint 2 of regional state building when konoko gets the data about her history from the basement .. 2 consoles become active when she activates them the game crashes.
can someone help me figure out what's wrong.

#161 06/08/13 06:06

Iritscen

Well, you can insert dmsgs into the BSL to see exactly where it's crashing if you're not already sure.  For instance, isn't there a spawn command for a ninja or two to come ambush you after one of the consoles is activated?  I'm just going from memory here.  Knowing where the script is crashing could tell us what part of the level data might be messed up.

#162 06/08/13 06:06

paradox-01

If the dmsg lines don't get you further, you could post/upload your mod selection list and and all changed files: ONLV, AISA, ?
Where did you add the files? (Pkg number, folder hierarchy)

#163 06/09/13 02:06

Samer
Website

I wanted to incorporate hayate and hanako in the story with SMP-Conversion. Currently I have them appear in dream lab .. but as others pointed out that doesn't make sense since she has never met them .. so I'll be including them in Regional State Building and Rooftops as Mukade's closest guards\ henchmen (though I still think of them as good guys tongue) however their current outfits don't fit well within the game so I made them these syndicate\classic\ninja outfits :
2013-06-09_095148.jpg
then in dream lab when she dreams about them she'll dream them in the black warrior ninja outfits with swords that I've released before .. cause it's a dream big_smile ! and they're ninjas tongue ^_^

anyway quick question before I spend more time on it, is it possible to the end of regional state building cut-scene to add a second ninja who stands to the left and zip lines after muakde and the first ninja ?

Last edited by Samer (06/09/13 02:06)

Board footer