Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 11/06/12 16:11

Shade

Possible replacing guns with swords?

Is it possible to replace gun models with sword models like katanas, daggers, etc? Was wondering if its possible if you could use the swords and all that to kill enemies with out using bullets, etc.

#2 11/06/12 17:11

Samer
Website

Re: Possible replacing guns with swords?

2012-10-17_035817.jpg
Oni2012-10-2113-58-24-562.png

if you wanna mess around with them download the Hayate2.0 package ..
I didn't include them in the Mega Pack

however they are not really functional, we've been struggling with a way to make them work properly.

You can punch with them and do all moves but the damage is from the body of the character not the swords .. They are treated like an empty pistol/gun.

Another idea was to give hayate unique PIS (pistol) animations .. For the sword .. However that will affect his animations with all pistols like vdg, which will be weird. We are unable to add another type of animation we got COM (combat no weapon) RIF (rifle like the sbg and m.bow) and PIS ..

I also thought of adding damaging particles to the sword so it will do damage when it hits character, Gumby said he'll write a tutorial on that .. Still hasn't as he's been busy.

Last edited by Samer (11/06/12 17:11)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 11/06/12 20:11

Shade

Re: Possible replacing guns with swords?

Samer wrote:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Gj6X … 035817.jpg
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 … 24-562.png

if you wanna mess around with them download the Hayate2.0 package ..
I didn't include them in the Mega Pack

however they are not really functional, we've been struggling with a way to make them work properly.

You can punch with them and do all moves but the damage is from the body of the character not the swords .. They are treated like an empty pistol/gun.

Another idea was to give hayate unique PIS (pistol) animations .. For the sword .. However that will affect his animations with all pistols like vdg, which will be weird. We are unable to add another type of animation we got COM (combat no weapon) RIF (rifle like the sbg and m.bow) and PIS ..

I also thought of adding damaging particles to the sword so it will do damage when it hits character, Gumby said he'll write a tutorial on that .. Still hasn't as he's been busy.

This looks promising. smile I was wondering if its possible to create Sephiroth character for an Oni mod. smile That's why I was asking about the Katana question. tongue So what do you think of this? tongue

Board footer