Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 11/04/12 15:11

Coyote

Re: *** Sam DreamLab Conversion *** released .. TRY IT !! :D

Hey I just played this mod. It's great but I think it needs some minor changes before labeling it as a official AE level conversion. Jester was the best, I really liked his "mutations". The idea of Konoko becoming like Mukade was very creative, I liked that too. But I must agree with ltemplar that Kojiro and Barabas are so misplaced. And I'm not sure also about your beloved ninja's pair. Besides, great concept. Keep it up smile

Does your blood burn when you kill? Mine does

#27 11/04/12 15:11

Samer
Website

thanks for trying it smile
must point out though it's not an official AE level conversion nor will it be as it requires custom characters that are not AE included.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 11/04/12 17:11

Lithium

It was nice, the ending caught me off guard

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#29 11/04/12 17:11

Leus
Website

Well, seems that you've noticed that it doesn't proceed to the next level, and that the evil Konoko is rather absent-minded it seems (I had her forget about me mid-fight haha).  I had to cheat through the Jester, and the final fight.  Hayate/Hanoko were definitely not too hard.  Overall I liked it.  I like seeing a bunch of unique characters as opposed to random generics like you said, and I felt like I mostly understood the reasons for certain characters being there at certain times.  The final battle with all those characters...  Well, maybe it didn't make perfect sense, but it's a dream!  If it made perfect sense, it wouldn't be haha.  I think it was appropriate to bring in extra bad guys so her parents could have somebody to fight against when Konoko finally realized there had ever been some people on the planet that truly cared about her.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#30 11/04/12 18:11

EdT
Website

I liked playing this mod.  Very good job, creative use of the custom characters.

Of course, I had to cheat a lot...  I'm a modder not a player! smile

#31 11/04/12 19:11

Samer
Website

thanks Leus smile you got what I intended with it ! smile
thanks Edt  your help along with Script-10K and paradox-01 was very valuable in making it. My first time with a bsl mode big_smile

hope u guys can help me figure out what's wrong with EvilKonoko though why she doesn't attack sometimes ... I tried all I could think of in xml gave her high alert and and all that.

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 19:11)

#32 11/04/12 19:11

Mukade

If you guys haven't tried this, please do so. Samer did some good work here, and it deserves to be played! I think it adds quite a bit both content-wise and story wise (adds to the depth of the dream imo). Definitely worth keeping installed, even on regular playthroughs smile

"He looks mean enough to tear my arm off and beat me to death with it. In fact, he looks mean enough to tear his OWN arm off and beat me to death with it."

#33 11/04/12 21:11

Samer
Website

FIXED evil Konoko not attacking you. Package re-updated.

was easier to fix than i thought :\ just added  ai2_attack evilkonoko 0 after she's spawned.

Thanks Mukade ^^

Last edited by Samer (11/04/12 21:11)

#34 11/04/12 21:11

Samer
Website

Samer wrote:

BONUS big_smile : Whoever makes and uploads a video of the modified level (with no cheats and with character-retexture package installed) I'll send him a link to the RAYMAN package.

.. ok RAYMAN ... and a COOKIE big_smile !

#35 11/04/12 23:11

Leus
Website

What kind of cookie?

Also, the more I think about this...  Maybe it would be a little more appropriate without Barabas and Kojiro.  I'm not asking you to change anything, but just thought I'd present some ideas on the matter.

As far as we know, she's never even met Kojiro, and if she has she definitely doesn't really have any strong emotional ties to him in any way.  Barabas, you could say she does for him having kidnapped Shinitama and all, but that doesn't seem applicable to that scene either...  The final scene of that dream level is, to me, about...  Struggling with her own integrity, and in the context of having struggled with the integrity of everyone else in her life.  Like you said, she knows Mukade is a monster, and felt something connecting her to him, so her transforming into Mukade is brilliant and totally acceptable.  But I think that, after defeating herself using physical violence (which can't be very gratifying or relieving for her), to see her rise again becoming the monster she just slain, she must feel all but hopeless (as will the player having survived so much).  Then, having her parents show up and actually making the final battle easier for her, helping her beat back the monster, will be the emotional relief and security she's been looking for.  Even though she doesn't know if she can trust herself anymore, she knows that there had, at least at one point, been someone on this earth who cared for her and would look after her.  So it's not so much the physical victory in that moment as it is finally feeling not so alone, feeling a little more valuable as a person maybe.  I know that's what you were going for with that scene anyway, but as I'm thinking about it...  It seems like Barabas and Kojiro kind of cloud that up a bit.

I do like seeing bosses there, and especially Kojiro because we haven't seen him at all in-game, so I'll try and offer a possible alternative idea.  This level's layout is awesome because the final boss battle room is directly connected to pretty much the beginning of the level, so with some moderately heavy scripting, the level could actually be extended much further and still flow nicely.  Now I dunno how possible this is, and I'm certainly not asking you to come up with all this Samer, but just imagine this idea and tell me if you think it would be cool.

So, after you defeat Shinitamabot on that bridge, you go through the door and get trapped in the room with the Shinitama apparition.  How about, the door ahead remains locked, and the door that Shinitama floats through becomes unlocked again shortly after she's gone.  This would actually make sense, as Konoko would want to chase Shinitama and protect her.  When we go back out onto the bridge, we see that the acid is gone now.  The area below is, I believe, just an early section of the level whenever it isn't covered with acid.  The door locks behind her, and the door ahead is also locked.  Shortly after, Shinitama will run out from below, being chased by Barabas and eventually cornered, where he will start attacking her.  Presumably, the player will be provoked to jump down and rescue her, but if not...  There's also really no other choice haha.  So, perhaps when the player approaches, Shinitama vanishes, leaving Barabas to fight Konoko.  I like the idea of him having less health still, as he is pretty annoying to kill in normal circumstances.

As far as Kojiro, well, I guess at least the player will have probably seen him at least once by now (I assume we'll replace the comguy in the cutscene in the TCTF HQ talking about "all units converge" with Kojiro, at least, if not putting him in more places.)  So maybe Konoko hasn't personally seen him yet, but we as the player at least know of him from cutscenes.  So perhaps he could show up randomly, maybe multiple times throughout the level, just saying random things then disappearing, but eventually she'll get the satisfaction of beating him up in this level.  In fact, maybe after she defeats Barabas or something, we can have her turn suddenly to see Kojiro, and he says "all units converge!" and then a bunch of Kojiros just come from all angles (at greatly reduced health of course) and Konoko has to take them out.  Haha...  I dunno, that just sounds kind of fun and dreamlike, and unique to what's happened so far.  Or maybe one real Kojiro and a bunch of others that just evaporate after being hit once?  I dunno.  I'm just throwin' stuff out there, like I said haha.

After that, it's just a simple matter of walking back up the stairs (they should be close by).  You could replay the animation of Shinitama running up that corridor from the beginning, as this is the way the player will now want to go.  That door will open up into the final boss battle room.  smile

What do you think of all that?  Again, I know it's a lot easier said than done.  Mainly just having fun with concepts.  Maybe if you like the ideas, I'd think about seeing how easy they would be for me to implement.  I'm not gonna promise anything but, might be fun.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

#36 11/05/12 00:11

Samer
Website

Leus wrote:

What kind of cookie?

chocolate chip big_smile

As far as we know, she's never even met Kojiro, and if she has she definitely doesn't really have any strong emotional ties to him in any way.

mmm true, I agree ... though I'm going to add him in other levels so she'll probably see him in the atmospheric center and airport levels, not sure yet.

But I think that, after defeating herself using physical violence (which can't be very gratifying or relieving for her), to see her rise again becoming the monster she just slain, she must feel all but hopeless (as will the player having survived so much).  Then, having her parents show up and actually making the final battle easier for her, helping her beat back the monster, will be the emotional relief and security she's been looking for.

You mean she'll fight evilkonoko in blackops uniform then have evilkonoko shift to mukade, then she'll beat mukade on her own then have muakde respawn and then jamie and james will help her ? or do you mean : blackops -> konoko in mukade armor -> shift to mukade + parents spawn ...

Even though she doesn't know if she can trust herself anymore, she knows that there had, at least at one point, been someone on this earth who cared for her and would look after her.  So it's not so much the physical victory in that moment as it is finally feeling not so alone, feeling a little more valuable as a person maybe.  I know that's what you were going for with that scene anyway, but as I'm thinking about it...  It seems like Barabas and Kojiro kind of cloud that up a bit.

I'm not really attached to kojiro and barabas as characters here as you said the idea was to have extra bad guys so the player feels : finally done no more bad guys, then suddenly the fight becomess even harder ! and konoko\player starts losing hope ... then her parents come show her she's not alone. My first idea was actually to respawn griffin and muro again besides mukade, rather than kojiro and barabus ..

I do like seeing bosses there, and especially Kojiro because we haven't seen him at all in-game, so I'll try and offer a possible alternative idea.  This level's layout is awesome because the final boss battle room is directly connected to pretty much the beginning of the level, so with some moderately heavy scripting, the level could actually be extended much further and still flow nicely.  Now I dunno how possible this is, and I'm certainly not asking you to come up with all this Samer, but just imagine this idea and tell me if you think it would be cool.

tongue you mean something like this idea ? http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1689 tongue I actually thought of something like that a long while ago I don't remember if i asked u to help script it or if i asked andrew ..

So, after you defeat Shinitamabot on that bridge, you go through the door and get trapped in the room with the Shinitama apparition.  How about, the door ahead remains locked, and the door that Shinitama floats through becomes unlocked again shortly after she's gone.  This would actually make sense, as Konoko would want to chase Shinitama and protect her.  When we go back out onto the bridge, we see that the acid is gone now.  The area below is, I believe, just an early section of the level whenever it isn't covered with acid.  The door locks behind her, and the door ahead is also locked.  Shortly after, Shinitama will run out from below, being chased by Barabas and eventually cornered, where he will start attacking her.  Presumably, the player will be provoked to jump down and rescue her, but if not...  There's also really no other choice haha.  So, perhaps when the player approaches, Shinitama vanishes, leaving Barabas to fight Konoko.  I like the idea of him having less health still, as he is pretty annoying to kill in normal circumstances.

I like the idea of extending the level for sure and your barabus shini idea is cool ^_^ .. but maybe not for this particular mod which I'm going to include in a total conversion to all levels and i want to stay a bit more close to the original  (in this one some extra stuff is added but layout is basically same) However I'd really like it as an extra separate optional mod smile ! like ur crazy casey mod.

As far as Kojiro, well, I guess at least the player will have probably seen him at least once by now (I assume we'll replace the comguy in the cutscene in the TCTF HQ talking about "all units converge" with Kojiro, at least, if not putting him in more places.)  So maybe Konoko hasn't personally seen him yet, but we as the player at least know of him from cutscenes.  So perhaps he could show up randomly, maybe multiple times throughout the level, just saying random things then disappearing, but eventually she'll get the satisfaction of beating him up in this level.  In fact, maybe after she defeats Barabas or something, we can have her turn suddenly to see Kojiro, and he says "all units converge!" and then a bunch of Kojiros just come from all angles (at greatly reduced health of course) and Konoko has to take them out.  Haha...  I dunno, that just sounds kind of fun and dreamlike, and unique to what's happened so far.  Or maybe one real Kojiro and a bunch of others that just evaporate after being hit once?

interesting or we can ditch him it's ok tongue

After that, it's just a simple matter of walking back up the stairs (they should be close by).  You could replay the animation of Shinitama running up that corridor from the beginning, as this is the way the player will now want to go.  That door will open up into the final boss battle room.  smile

cool I really thought of that once in the link i posted, but my bsl abilities don't allow it as i think then we should add more save point cz it will become huge tongue

so for now for the muakde battle do u think i should replace koj and barabas with griffin and muro again ? (but them beating up their son maybe too weird :\)

or have only mukade with more health and have them show up shortly after he appears ?
or have mukade clone himself big_smile to 2 more and then they'll show up tongue

edit : mmm re-reading the post in the link I put :\ i think i had another one somewhere in which i mentioned something about utilizing konoko's room twice like u suggested.

Last edited by Samer (11/05/12 00:11)

#37 11/05/12 00:11

Valkyrur

Hmm, I might try this sometime if I can get the motivation to do it before Halo 4 releases.

I'm going to say, whenever I think of the Dream Lab, I think of the quote in my signiture. Will this mod make Dream Lab even more on that tier?

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#38 11/05/12 00:11

Leus
Website

Samer wrote:

You mean she'll fight evilkonoko in blackops uniform then have evilkonoko shift to mukade, then she'll beat mukade on her own then have muakde respawn and then jamie and james will help her ? or do you mean : blackops -> konoko in mukade armor -> shift to mukade + parents spawn ...

I meant the second one, that they show up right after Konoko ressurects into Mukade.  Maybe it's just me, but by the time she became Mukade I was already pretty much dead and feeling hopeless haha.

I'm realizing I'm too sleepy to delve much further into this tonight, but I'll try and get back to you soon.  smile

#39 11/05/12 06:11

RuK

Oni crashs when i fight the blonde agent after Muro.To be specific,Oni crashs when she's near death.
I,also,tried "touchofdeath"(to see if i can bypass her) but that's result to instant crash.

Edit: typo

Last edited by RuK (11/05/12 07:11)

#40 11/05/12 07:11

paradox-01

Dunno about Ruk's crash, I haven't played the modified level yet.

However I have a report on the TV thing.

console messages:

Func "trigvolume_enable", File "dream_lab_logic.bsl", Line 705: trigvolume_enable: no trigger volume 'death_by_bungie' found
Func "trigvolume_enable", File "dream_lab_logic.bsl", Line 706: trigvolume_enable: no trigger volume 'splash' found
Func "trigvolume_enable", File "dream_lab_logic.bsl", Line 587: trigvolume_enable: no trigger volume 'room2' found
Func "trigvolume_enable", File "dream_lab_logic.bsl", Line 575: trigvolume_enable: no trigger volume 'room1c' found

At line 587 stands "trigvolume_enable room2 0". The real TV name is "room2_copy".
They wanted to disable (0) it again but it shouldn't matter because the TV is flagged "OneTimeEnter".
You can repair, or remove, or comment out (#) that line from the bsl file.

The lines 705 and 706 are also obsolete.
splash (death by acid) is an artifact. There's splash_trigger at a different location in the script.
death_by_bungie has no equivalent name-wise, it might have been a copy of splash.

Edit: I added room1c (Griffin's room) to the list. That TV also doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited by paradox-01 (11/05/12 08:11)

#41 11/05/12 07:11

Samer
Website

RuK wrote:

Oni crashs when i fight the blonde agent after Muro.To be specific,Oni crashs when she's near death.
I,also,tried "touchofdeath"(to see if i can bypass her) but that's result to instant crash.

Edit: typo

the what now ?
There's no blonde agent after muro.
The next character you fight after muro is jester.
Make sure you have the required packages installed, if not other characters may appear and crash the game.

You have to have SamMegaPack-Characters installed ... Or individual packs of: (with the right versions)
casey version 4, hasegawas2.0, hayate2.0, hanako, jester 2.1 (which includes jessie and jester giant), kojiro and femblackops.

i think you don't have jester hence a female cop is appearing instead and when he dies he shifts to a giant jester, if you don't have him then the game will call for a non existing character and crash.

Maybe you mean her mom jamie ? She's a ghost that will disappear when you come close to her leaving a hypo. She's on your same team, so there's no way she'd fight you unless you're using reservoirdogs cheats.

Can you post a screenshot so i know which character you mean ?

Edit : Paradox-01 brilliant as usual smile yes that fixes them big_smile thank you. hope you enjoy playing it later.

Last edited by Samer (11/05/12 08:11)

#42 11/05/12 08:11

Samer
Website

I get a Cookie ^_^

Watch it here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs8rdGyEpog

Playing on Hard, with Andrashi melee package (semi vulnerable supers)

Still hope someone makes a better quality one tongue

Last edited by Samer (11/05/12 09:11)

#43 11/05/12 09:11

RuK

Samer wrote:

the what now ?
There's no blonde agent after muro.
The next character you fight after muro is jester.
Make sure you have the required packages installed, if not other characters may appear and crash the game.

You have to have SamMegaPack-Characters installed ... Or individual packs of: (with the right versions)
casey version 4, hasegawas2.0, hayate2.0, hanako, jester 2.1 (which includes jessie and jester giant), kojiro and femblackops.

i think you don't have jester hence a female cop is appearing instead and when he dies he shifts to a giant jester, if you don't have him then the game will call for a non existing character and crash.

Maybe you mean her mom jamie ? She's a ghost that will disappear when you come close to her leaving a hypo. She's on your same team, so there's no way she'd fight you unless you're using reservoirdogs cheats.

Can you post a screenshot so i know which character you mean ?

yeap,i'm an idiot!:P i thought i had all the needed characters for the mob,but apparently i was missing the jesters.
I realized it when i saw your video on facebook.My bad,sorry for bothering you:)

Edit: typos

Last edited by RuK (11/05/12 09:11)

#44 11/05/12 09:11

Samer
Website

it's ok no problem big_smile ! thanks for trying it smile hope u enjoy it.

#45 11/05/12 09:11

RuK

Yeap,i will try again now,with all characters ^^ hehe

#46 11/05/12 10:11

Samer
Website

one more tip Ruk , copfem should only appear next to casey in this mod, if she appears anywhere else (whether normal outfit or blackops) then it means u have a character pack missing.

#47 11/09/12 09:11

RuK

Great job!And a hard challenge ^^
The only thing i didn't like was the Shinatama bot,i would like more the humane outfit for konoko's dream.
If you like/love someone you think for him in good way,and ShiniBot is too ugly to match the "good way" imo.

#48 11/09/12 09:11

Samer
Website

True ... But she's fighting her tongue here at the end of level i wanted the scary thought of even shinatama turning against her (if she's remade into a frankishtein) sort of thing. The humane outfit is beautfiul i can't imagine her hitting sweet shinatama in that, that's why the humane outfit is gonna be used for shinatama to fight along side konoko in the final battle (of final level). Hope you got my point smile

Last edited by Samer (11/09/12 09:11)

#49 11/09/12 09:11

Iritscen

I wouldn't be able to hit the "human" Shinatama, either.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer