Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 10/30/12 10:10

Otaku-kun

AE Installer Lists and Workings

Hello Forum,

I recently tried to make a package mod and test it out but, for some reason it did not appear in the AE installer list of mods. This made me curious about why, so I downloaded some more packages, unzipped, placed in packages and tried again, but the list remains unchanged. So that is my main problem, is that your mods are not showing up in the AE installer\\\'s list. And that leads me to my second question which I am curious about, if one package says that X is true for Oni, and the next package says that X is false, which package is installed. If you want an example lets say that package 123456 states there are 5 ememies on level 1, but package 654321 says that there are 55 enemies on level 1. Which package has supperiority? Although unlikely that this would happen, what would happen?

Thanks for any solutions or words of advice,
Otaku-kun

#2 10/30/12 11:10

Samer
Website

Re: AE Installer Lists and Workings

1. Make sure the packages aren't read only. Right click on the folder then properties and untick read only (apply to folder and contents)
2. By placed in packages u mean in the ..edition/install/packages folder
3. Right click on AE installer and select run as adminstrator

weird that you can install AE mods but not third party ones .. Can you give me an example on which mods u tried to install ?

for ur other question .. An example i can give you is HD konoko and Vicious reilly's konoko package .. Both modify konoko's tctf outfit .. What happens if both are intalled ? The one with higher number will take precedance ...
In ur example the 654321 Package will take precedance, overwrite the 123456 one so you'll end up with 55 enemies.

Last edited by Samer (10/30/12 11:10)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 10/31/12 05:10

Otaku-kun

Thanks Samer, but

In the order of you numbering system:
1. This is the part that I have the most questions about so I will leave it until last.
2. Yes, I have installed packages before.
3. Never know that it might work better as an admin but thanks for the tip. Tried but the admin settings but no change, but I guess I will keep that default for the future.

FYI I am running windows7.
1 (again). I tried to uncheck the read only box, clicked apply, clicked OK, and then reopened the properties window, but noticed that there was no difference. That is the first curious thing that came to mind. The second thing is that when I looked at the properties of packages that did work (Blood Effects, De_dust, Dangerous Glass) they had the exact same read-only qualities (a filled in box of blue which I guess means that some of the files are and some are not read-only) as the not working mods (Hayate, Casey, Honoko). I realize that this is more of a windows problem than an Oni problem but can you still help?

Thanks for your knowledge,
Otaku-kun

#4 10/31/12 05:10

Samer
Website

FYI I am running windows7.
1 (again). I tried to uncheck the read only box, clicked apply, clicked OK, and then reopened the properties window, but noticed that there was no difference. That is the first curious thing that came to mind. The second thing is that when I looked at the properties of packages that did work (Blood Effects, De_dust, Dangerous Glass) they had the exact same read-only qualities (a filled in box of blue which I guess means that some of the files are and some are not read-only) as the not working mods (Hayate, Casey, Honoko). I realize that this is more of a windows problem than an Oni problem but can you still help?

This is windows 7 default - normal behavior I also have Windows 7 and first time I saw that I thought something is wrong .. however the filled box is normal .. as long as it's not a check mark.

The only other solution I can think of is reinstall Oni and the Edition .. Hope someone else steps in and can help you cause that's all I got :\

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer